Roleplayer's Off Topic Thread #38

Normally around this time I’d join you guys in the 4th of July posts, but the “blind patriotism” tank has run out. Y’all can thank the army and the last few years of politics for that. Hell, I’d leave if I could but immigrating is fucking expensive, I don’t feel like doing 25 years in the French Foreign Legion or being French, and no other English speaking countries do the military service = citizenship except Australia and they aren’t currently taking E-5 infantrymen lol

Fuck:dntknw:

14 minutes ago, Centurion said:

Normally around this time I’d join you guys in the 4th of July posts, but the “blind patriotism” tank has run out. Y’all can thank the army and the last few years of politics for that. Hell, I’d leave if I could but immigrating is fucking expensive, I don’t feel like doing 25 years in the French Foreign Legion or being French, and no other English speaking countries do the military service = citizenship except Australia and they aren’t currently taking E-5 infantrymen lol

Canada's always an option; Toronto is a pretty great place to live; and the shitlords in Ottawa can't really do shit XD People here actually like Americans too. 

You could help Doc take over his family farm XD

6 hours ago, Centurion said:

Normally around this time I’d join you guys in the 4th of July posts, but the “blind patriotism” tank has run out. 

4th of July is only about blind patriotism in jokes and memes. XD Trust me, you don’t gotta be in the Army for that tank to be dry.

6 hours ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Damn straight. Every day that passes and dollar earned brings us closer to the dream, and I’m gonna need every able-bodied man I can get. 

Then we can celebrate Liberation Day!

8 hours ago, Centurion said:

I assure you that any shows of "blind patriotism" on my part are deeply ironic. XD 

1 hour ago, The Good Doctor said:

Multi-classes are only an option in PoE2. But you should be able to play either of these in that game. 

Just as druid got nerfed in 2, wizard got hugely powerful. So that would be a good call.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Canada's always an option; Toronto is a pretty great place to live; and the shitlords in Ottawa can't really do shit XD People here actually like Americans too. 

Trust me I’ve looked. Canadian immigration is expensive and the different programs are pretty tough lmao

2 hours ago, The Good Doctor said:

4th of July is only about blind patriotism in jokes and memes. XD Trust me, you don’t gotta be in the Army for that tank to be dry.

Damn straight. Every day that passes and dollar earned brings us closer to the dream, and I’m gonna need every able-bodied man I can get. 

Then we can celebrate Liberation Day!

When people ask me why I joined now I say “18 years of indoctrination and a handful of misplaced patriotism” and then when they ask why I’m still in I say “because it’s almost impossible to get out with a family and not live under a bridge for a few months unless you have $200,000 saved”

1 hour ago, Celan said:

I assure you that any shows of "blind patriotism" on my part are deeply ironic. XD 

See, I ain’t even got the energy for irony anymore lmao

11 hours ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Canada is all but a totalitarian state, as they proved under COVID.

I'd move to Switzerland if I had the cash, but even they are too authoritarian.

2 minutes ago, Celan said:

Canada is all but a totalitarian state, as they proved under COVID.

I'd move to Switzerland if I had the cash, but even they are too authoritarian.

So was 99 percent of the Western World; including most of the U.S XD

On paper, but our Federal goverment is toothless and spineless and can't properly enforce there shit in a country so large. Even in Ontario (where Ottawa is), our provincial government (which wields enormous power)  had way more of an impact in our day to day affairs.

In some of our "fronter" provinces, like Alberta and Saskatchewan they even give less of a shit; it's pretty much the wild west.  

14 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

Any advice on leveling and talents? There's so much to choose from :rofl:

No idea for druids. Sorry. XD But you can respec for coin so I wouldn’t stress over it too much. 

For skills, my only advice is to choose one member of your party and make them your dedicated "mechanic". Only level the Mechanics skill for them, and don’t waste points leveling it for anyone else.

And Survival is a really good general skill. I like to give everyone a point in Athletics so they can get a free heal in combat, several for tanks, and then just level Survival a lot.

Stealth, I save for a single dedicated "scout", similar to Mechanics.

1 minute ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

While I love poleaxes, would a greathammer or greatsword be better?

Or is this a Gigachad game where every weapon type has its role?

Every weapon type has its role. It’s like DnD in that you can choose a specialization that suits your preference.

• Like 1

@TheCzarsHussar Also, something you’ll probably notice in the first town is that a lot of NPCs have a yellow "talk" bubble instead of the normal white, and talking to them activates a mode where you can read their soul memories.

These are not important to the story or any quests. You can ignore them if you want, or read them if you’re interested. They are just a nod from Obsidian to fans who backed the Kickstarter, little blurbs that the fans wrote that were put into the game as a "thank you". 

I read like twenty my first playthrough and was really confused by them. XD Now I usually skip. 

• Like 1

After more attempts than I like to admit, I cleared the spiders with just me and the elf. It feels like this place needs a much bigger party. I'll probably come back later.

Edit: I'm probably fucking up a quest by doing this too early as well

Edited by TheCzarsHussar