Roleplayer's Off Topic Thread #38

1 hour ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

After more attempts than I like to admit, I cleared the spiders with just me and the elf. It feels like this place needs a much bigger party. I'll probably come back later.

Edit: I'm probably fucking up a quest by doing this too early as well

Temple of Eothas?

If so, you won’t mess anything up by doing it now. But I’d be very surprised if you can pull it off with a low level party of 2. XD 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

Just hiring a level 1 paladin has made the temple much more manageable. Im able to (barely) handle groups of five enemies, whether they're shadows or ghuls. No way in hell I'd do it with just my druid and wizard

There is another main companion you can quickly pick up while you’re in Gilded Vale. He’s a Fighter who can tank for your casters and make fights much more manageable.

If you rest at the inn, you’ll have a dream. Follow up on it and he will approach you when you’re done.

One of my favorite characters, honestly.

• Confused 1

4 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

There is another main companion you can quickly pick up while you’re in Gilded Vale. He’s a Fighter who can tank for your casters and make fights much more manageable.

Hide contents

If you rest at the inn, you’ll have a dream. Follow up on it and he will approach you when you’re done.

One of my favorite characters, honestly.

What? I've already rested at the inn multiple times and never had this happen

Just now, TheCzarsHussar said:

What? I've already rested at the inn multiple times and never had this happen

Maybe there’s another step I’m forgetting before that point. Try interacting with the hanging tree in the temple ruins and talk to the man outside it (Edér), then rest again.

5 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Maybe there’s another step I’m forgetting before that point. Try interacting with the hanging tree in the temple ruins and talk to the man outside it (Edér), then rest again.

Strange, I've done that too. Ive gotten as far as.needing to head to this other Watcher, and did the quest with grain. Ongoing delve into the ruined temple too

12 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

Strange, I've done that too. Ive gotten as far as.needing to head to this other Watcher, and did the quest with grain. Ongoing delve into the ruined temple too

Maybe you got it by resting in a camp or something instead? Have you experienced any strange visions, dreams, talking dead people, nausea, heartburn, or constipation?

6 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Maybe you got it by resting in a camp or something instead? Have you experienced any strange visions, dreams, talking dead people, nausea, heartburn, or constipation?

My main character shit himself walking out the inn, spilling a line of oily brown as folks laughed at him

3 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

Question, do hired characters level up slower than usual? Or like the more rule-strict DND only get XP for the killing blow?

Everyone currently in your party shares equal XP gain.

Companions who are dismissed and not currently in the party will gain too, but just a fraction. That way nobody falls too far behind.

Companions you haven’t met yet will usually start a level below whatever you are when you find them.

You can also respec any companion at any time, so if you meet someone at level 6 and don’t like how the game built them, you can redo it to your liking.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

After all that, and the absolutely brutal king fight, I feel like it was wasted because the dude at the entrance of the ruin died somehow way back in my first attempt at the ruins. I don't even know what killed him as I never led enemies that way

I didn’t even know that could happen…

If it makes you feel any better, there isn’t much of a reward besides a little copper and a bit of a moral dilemma.

4 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

I didn’t even know that could happen…

Hide contents

If it makes you feel any better, there isn’t much of a reward besides a little copper and a bit of a moral dilemma.

Could you go into what I missed out on? I looted the copper from his body.

Just now, TheCzarsHussar said:

Could you go into what I missed out on? I looted the copper from his body.

You can confront him about what you discovered down there, how you know that he knew where they were sealed but told no one. You can then choose to kill him, threaten to report him, drive him out of town, or convince him to go out and try to atone.

Best part of the interaction is if you have Edér with you, he’ll get very angry, saying that he’d have dug them out with his bare hands if he’d known they were trapped. 

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Hide contents

You can confront him about what you discovered down there, how you know that he knew where they were sealed but told no one. You can then choose to kill him, threaten to report him, drive him out of town, or convince him to go out and try to atone.

Best part of the interaction is if you have Edér with you, he’ll get very angry, saying that he’d have dug them out with his bare hands if he’d known they were trapped. 

How the hellfuck did he die on me? Man I hate that I missed this :rofl:

I really don't remember all this stuff from PoE- Pathfinder is quite demanding so I studied up on the builds and it knocked out all the info I had in my little brain on PoE.

I have clear memories from PoE on being an OP druid blasting through everything until I met enemy druids. XD That temple fight is also very hard if you forgot/ didn't see Eder to pick him up. Those are the two difficulty spikes I remember.

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Celan said:

I really don't remember all this stuff from PoE- Pathfinder is quite demanding so I studied up on the builds and it knocked out all the info I had in my little brain on PoE.

I have clear memories from PoE on being an OP druid blasting through everything until I met enemy druids. XD That temple fight is also very hard if you forgot/ didn't see Eder to pick him up. Those are the two difficulty spikes I remember.

The temple kicked my butt the first time I tried it. Then I returned 1 level later Edér, Aloth, and Durance and made it my bitch. Went back for that bear too expecting a fair fight and just one-shot it. XD

I’ll tell you what’s given me grief on my current playthrough. That damn black ooze in the Endlass Paths of Cad Nua. I got through that level, but it was tough. Since then, I’ve got a full party and am two levels higher, so I could probably go back and make some progress this time around.

Ah, Durance. My buddy. Had to write dirty fanfiction about him.

BTW if you were wondering if The Witcher season 3 was as bad as expected- wonder no more. I'm giving up on it in episode 2. The only worthy screen time was when Henry Cavill was either alone on the screen or alone with a monster. The rest is just moronic.

• Haha 1