Soulsborne Thread #6 (And other FROMSOFT titles)

Coventants  

6 members have voted

1. 1. To whom do you pledge allegiance?

• Rosaria
    • The Mound
    • The Sun
    • Old Wolf of Farron
    • The Darkmoon
    • Aldrich

7 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

And they don’t drink blood for sustenance, the blood is literally what sustains them past the point of death. That’s the definition of undeath.

No it isn’t. It keeps them alive as beasts, but requiring magical blood to stay healthy doesn’t intrinsically mean they’re anything other than alive. 

Anyway, this is moving faster than I can keep up with while at work so I’m gonna call it quits. :salute:

And with everything else, and Flora herself, it certainly fits, especially if the blood indeed does bring back the dead to the point that yharnamites chained coffins and held bodies upside down to drain them of blood, hence the symbol of hunters.

Theres more pointing to the theme than not.

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee

Just now, The Good Doctor said:

No it isn’t. It keeps them alive as beasts, but requiring magical blood to stay healthy doesn’t intrinsically mean they’re anything other than alive.

Sounds akin to vampirism to me :whistling:

“Healthy” to an undead beast just means whole. Look at the blood starved beast and how nasty and exposed it’s insides and everything are. 

1 minute ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

And with everything else, and Flora herself, it certainly fits, especially if the blood indeed does bring back the dead to the point that yharnamites chained coffins and held bodies upside down to drain them of blood, hence the symbol of hunters.

All this is just theories built on speculative theories. I don’t see us coming to any sort of agreement. 

There’s a loooooot of stuff to point to this “speculative theory” tho. The only reason it remains such is because that’s how Fromsoft typically storytells. A lot of stuff we accept as fact isn’t actually confirmed.

Again, there’s more pointing to the theme of undeath than not.

The theme of undeath is built on the premise that Flora is specifically a god of life and death, which is something you came up with but I don’t buy. The prevalence of undead is built on the idea that these things transformed into undead creatures instead of just a lycanthropic beast plague like more traditional werebeasts, and that they fit because the Moon Presence is what you believe it is. Otherwise, it’s just a few dark beasts who are explicitly singled out as unique and imbued with arcane power that other beasts aren’t. Dreaming Hunters are effectively immortal like all Fromsoft protagonists, but I disagree that they’re any kind of undead. They just die and get resurrected. 

It all connects if you operate under assumptions that are by no means obvious or clearly intentional. Theories built on theories used to confirm a larger theory. That’s not to say any of it’s poorly thought out or anything, but I’m not gonna pretend like it’s anything to draw definite conclusions on.

4 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Or maybe it’s because you’re half a Celt yourself and don’t realize that you’ve got the same magical powers as Czar. ;) 

Oh please. The Irish haven't been Celts since we got our asses kicked by the Vikings then the English right after.

6 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Anyone with a brain can tell it's Celtic XD

BOI!

I used my L O R E to figure out the Formorians are likely involved.

5 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Or maybe it’s because you’re half a Celt yourself and don’t realize that you’ve got the same magical powers as Czar. ;) 

:rofl: