Soulsborne Thread #6 (And other FROMSOFT titles)

Coventants  

6 members have voted

1. 1. To whom do you pledge allegiance?

• Rosaria
    • The Mound
    • The Sun
    • Old Wolf of Farron
    • The Darkmoon
    • Aldrich

https://ca.ign.com/articles/2019/06/13/elden-ring-george-r-r-martins-involvement-in-new-dark-souls-like-game-explained-a-e3-2019

-FromSoftware approached Martin for a meeting, but Miyazaki originally did not expect that Martin would be willing to meet him so easily.
“When we sat down together, it clicked right away. I proposed to make a game together, and he said yes. I was really surprised by how smoothly it all went.”
-When they first met, Martin was already aware of Dark Souls.
-The collaboration started by Miyazaki explaining Elden Ring’s main theme. With a mutual understanding of the game’s concept, Miyazaki wrote the main story while Martin is responsible for the world’s mythology. That means that in typical FromSoftware fashion, the player will be able to unravel Martin’s backstory through fragments of environmental storytelling. Be sure to read all those item descriptions!
-Martin is not involved in the writing of Elden Ring’s main story, because Miyazaki believes the format of video game could have limited the potential of his storytelling. According to Miyazaki, both the main story and Martin’s lore are heavily influenced by each other

@BigBossBalrog @ColonelKillaBee

Lemme tell y'all about my first time getting invaded in Ds3pc. Balrog knows half the story already ;)

Balrog is in Undead Settlement with me as a white dropping shit he doesn't need or use for me to sell. Of course someone invades me and being the honorable man I am, and totally not just to see if Balrog would make the cut, let him fight the invader. Less then a minute and Balrog is down. Rest in peace buddy :rofl: To his credit he was overleveled and had barely any health.

Afterwards I fight this guy and he gets the upper hand on me, basically Blue tearstone ring saved my ass with 1hp left. I get SALTY as fuck and chug on the invader's ass. He chugs to full health. Then I get full tryhard and whoop his ass so hard I think I surprised him with how fast I turned that shit around. Put his ass on the defensive and setup parry his claymore, finishing him off.

Man won the duel, but lost the invasion.