1. 1. Most Valuable "Sidekick"

• Bully the Bully
    • Menel Rivas
    • Karsh the Raven
    • Sir Thomas Maric
    • Wraith the Vampire
    • Hireling Elara

3 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

You’re being hard on your young’n self. It wasn’t really so bad. Just nowhere near on the level you are now.

I am my own toughest critic and like I just said lol, I’m not afraid to call shit-shit. The original configuration was shit lol. It makes me want to, but also not, to go reread some of my earlier main timeline posts and cringe

• Like 1

Fuck:dntknw:

12 hours ago, Centurion said:

I am my own toughest critic and like I just said lol, I’m not afraid to call shit-shit.

Yeah, but you have a tendency to misdiagnose. XD The new one is vastly better, for sure, but the other was passable. It wasn’t nearly as full-blown cringe as most people’s early writings. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

We were talking in the discord a little earlier about alternate versions of the RP, things that could be changed, and what those changes would affect. Was mainly about Baldur and how I think it could've been interesting to see a version of the story where he was the Last Dragonborn and Lorgar was sent to Skyrim specifically to kill him.

What are some tweaks you could see being made that might make things interesting without radically changing the RP storyline?

For my stuff, I've wondered about making Boldir Mila's biological father, with him having abandoned his family long ago and used the Stormcloaks as an outlet to focus on and ignore his past. Would've kept it obscure throughout Chapter 1 and 2 that he had a family, though made it apparent that something was haunting him. And only revealed it in the RP when he returned to Whiterun after the war, having come to terms with the fact that he can no longer keep running and must try to be part of his daughter's life. 

Instead of Chapter 3 starting out all hunky dory between Boldir and his family, it would've been rocky, with Carlotta disliking him and Mila being cold and distant. He would've had to do his best to be a good father and earn his daughter's love, and possibly Carlotta's too over time.

One thing I would definitely change is the way that the Riften conflict kicked off. The version I wrote was back when I planned on doing a bunch of 'Origins' posts for Boldir to explain his history with the Black-Briars, but that never panned out so I wish now that I had written it in a way that didn't rely on that unwritten backstory. 

Instead, I'd probably just make him do something noble in Riften, like stand up to some thugs to protect somebody, possibly even killing them. Only for it to turn out that those thugs were Maven's people, and have things escalate from there. Far simpler and still perfectly in-line with both Boldir and Maven's characters.

• Like 1

One thing I did soft retcon long ago was that Endar was actually originally written to be ex-Telvanni, which I later realized didn't make much sense as a Telvanni Master is pretty much self-declared anyway. You don't just stop being one unless you choose to or get killed for your ambitions. 

Luckily, it was just something I put in his CS and was never in the actual RP. Easy fix. He's even got his own mushroom tower stronghold back in the Sheogorad region of Vvardenfell, with servants, retainers, and the works. Though I doubt the story ever takes him there. 

@Witchking of Angmar I'm especially interested in your answer if you have one. Mainly because you've said before that something you like about the Fallout RP is that we were all much more experienced when we started it and that that it came out the gate a lot stronger as a result.

That, and Yornar has obviously been worked on and fleshed out a lot since you first conceived of him as the 'Witch-King'. Knowing everything you do now, I'm curious how you'd have written him from the start.

• 3 weeks later...
15 hours ago, Elden Clown said:

Hope this is the right channel. So as long as everyone is okay with me joining. I have been working on a character but I kind of need an idea or run down of everyone's characters before I can continue and I need to know if there is any do and donts.

Take a look at the CS page for some general rundowns of most people’s main characters. Just know that some of those were written a long time ago and are a little dated. XD You can also use that format to make a character sheet of your own. 

Far as dos and don’ts go, the biggest rule is no controlling other people’s characters.

The main RP has been in limbo for a while near the end of chapter 3, but that will hopefully end before too terribly long. Without getting detailed right now, the general state of the world is that the human nations are preparing for a joint invasion against the Aldmeri Dominion, with the Imperial Legion having already marched into Elsweyr while the fleets of Hammerfell and Skyrim prepare to set sail.

1 hour ago, The Good Doctor said:

Take a look at the CS page for some general rundowns of most people’s main characters. Just know that some of those were written a long time ago and are a little dated. XD You can also use that format to make a character sheet of your own. 

Far as dos and don’ts go, the biggest rule is no controlling other people’s characters.

The main RP has been in limbo for a while near the end of chapter 3, but that will hopefully end before too terribly long. Without getting detailed right now, the general state of the world is that the human nations are preparing for a joint invasion against the Aldmeri Dominion, with the Imperial Legion having already marched into Elsweyr while the fleets of Hammerfell and Skyrim prepare to set sail.

Sounds great, will be taking plenty of looks at the pages. Most i'll say is with a big war going on my character idea might have some use, some sneaky stealthy elf stuff...wait oh shit im a wood elf dont stab me!

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Would he be aligned with the Dominion?

Not at all. If anything he's more than willing to get you any information you need from the other side to help. For a price and some information about your local skooma dealers but for reasons you might not think lol. He is a serious character just has his own little side task he's got an issue with. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

@BigBossBalrog I was digging through my old files and I found one that I thought you’d like to see. It is a very unfinished portrait of Empress Dales that I worked on several years back, styled after some Byzantine paintings I’d recently seen at a medieval art exhibit in Nashville.

Was obviously supposed to be more detailed and have Imperial iconography all the way around, with a red Diamond behind her head like the halos seen behind Mother Mary in most art.

Sadly, I got too busy and never got around to finishing. But I thought I’d share the early concept.

IMG_7078.thumb.jpeg.d11726d8e590671f6d8a4169f4302381.jpeg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, The Good Doctor said:

@BigBossBalrog I was digging through my old files and I found one that I thought you’d like to see. It is a very unfinished portrait of Empress Dales that I worked on several years back, styled after some Byzantine paintings I’d recently seen at a medieval art exhibit in Nashville.

Was obviously supposed to be more detailed and have Imperial iconography all the way around, with a red Diamond behind her head like the halos seen behind Mother Mary in most art.

Sadly, I got too busy and never got around to finishing. But I thought I’d share the early concept.

Reveal hidden contents

IMG_7078.thumb.jpeg.d11726d8e590671f6d8a4169f4302381.jpeg

That looks great :thumbup: I like how you gave her strong Colovian features. XD

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

That looks great :thumbup: I like how you gave her strong Colovian features. XD

Yeah, the idea was for it to be like a very regal and "Imperial" portrait, so she was indeed supposed to look strong and commanding in it. 

I might still try to finish it one day. But it’s hard to motivate myself to start getting into the part where I’ve gotta actually give it detail and make it look halfway decent. Because those are the things I suck at most. XD 

• 1 month later...
4 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Shame. Politics aside, I always thought Washington sounded like a really nice state to be un. 

Washington state is the real world equivalent to like Riften. Real pretty area with lots of thing to do outdoors, but has a beggar, drug, restated and corrupt officials problem. Then hike the cost of living to a ridiculous extent

• Haha 1

Fuck:dntknw:

1 minute ago, Centurion said:

Washington state is the real world equivalent to like Riften. Real pretty area with lots of thing to do outdoors, but has a beggar, drug, restated and corrupt officials problem. Then hike the cost of living to a ridiculous extent

Even away from the cities? I hear that about Colorado too, but you can easily avoid most of it by moving to one of the little mountains towns where it’s mostly just miners, Mexicans, and rancher types.