1. 1. Most Valuable "Sidekick"

• Bully the Bully
    • Menel Rivas
    • Karsh the Raven
    • Sir Thomas Maric
    • Wraith the Vampire
    • Hireling Elara

3 minutes ago, Centurion said:

Love the Endar Denim backstory stuff. Really well put together. 

Thank you. Did you by chance ever read the other two posts on Tel Mora? One was immediately before the one you liked, and shows the aftermath of Dratha’s death.

The other was a little documentary excerpt called "The Masters of Tel Mora" detailing a Hlaalu outsider’s experience trying to learn more about how Endar became a Master. 

It's always nice when your writing gets reinforced by the canon after you come up with it.

character sheet for approval

Name: Tythis Relas
Race: Dunmer
Birth Sign: The Steed

Faction: House Redoran

Appearance: Tythis is around 6’ tall with dark grey skin and bright red eyes. He has a scar cutting down over his left eye and wears red warpaint dancing over his face. He maintains his hair in a traditional Indorilic Warhawk in honor of his dunmer heritage.

Equipment (Weapons, armor, etc) : Tythis wears a full set of Redoran style Bonemold armor with the shield and wields his grandfather's tribunal blessed ebony longsword. When not geared up he wears an expensive purple shirt, expensive pants, expensive shoes, and an extravagant belt.

Personality: Tythis is your typical young dunmer. He enjoys his drink, his women, and his fights. He maintains a stern and serious appearance in public and around people he doesn’t know and is unsure about, but around friends he is outgoing and very humorous.

Background/History: Tythis was born under House Redoran. His father, while born houseless, is the first generation Redoran after his grandfather left Mournhold and enlisted in the Redoran Army during the argonian invasion, earning a place in House Redoran eventually working his way up to councilor. When Tythis came of age he joined the Redoran Army and conducted raids in the contested swamplands to the south of Morrowind. After a few years he left the Army and began helping his aging grandfather, a councilman for House Redoran, with his work and “taking care” of any trouble makers. 

Motives: Tythis seeks the return of Morrowind to its former glory. The liberation of the contested lands and to put the fear of the Dunmer back into the minds of the Argonians to prevent further wars from the south.

Skills: Heavy Armor, Block, One-Handed, Destruction, Restoration, and Speech

• Like 2

Fuck:dntknw:

9 minutes ago, Centurion said:

character sheet for approval

Reveal hidden contents

Name: Tythis Relas
Race: Dunmer
Birth Sign: The Steed

Faction: House Redoran

Appearance: Tythis is around 6’ tall with dark grey skin and bright red eyes. He has a scar cutting down over his left eye and wears red warpaint dancing over his face. He maintains his hair in a traditional Indorilic Warhawk in honor of his dunmer heritage.

Equipment (Weapons, armor, etc) : Tythis wears a full set of Redoran style Bonemold armor with the shield and wields his grandfather's tribunal blessed ebony longsword. When not geared up he wears an expensive purple shirt, expensive pants, expensive shoes, and an extravagant belt.

Personality: Tythis is your typical young dunmer. He enjoys his drink, his women, and his fights. He maintains a stern and serious appearance in public and around people he doesn’t know and is unsure about, but around friends he is outgoing and very humorous.

Background/History: Tythis was born under House Redoran. His father, while born houseless, is the first generation Redoran after his grandfather left Mournhold and enlisted in the Redoran Army during the argonian invasion, earning a place in House Redoran eventually working his way up to councilor. When Tythis came of age he joined the Redoran Army and conducted raids in the contested swamplands to the south of Morrowind. After a few years he left the Army and began helping his aging grandfather, a councilman for House Redoran, with his work and “taking care” of any trouble makers. 

Motives: Tythis seeks the return of Morrowind to its former glory. The liberation of the contested lands and to put the fear of the Dunmer back into the minds of the Argonians to prevent further wars from the south.

Skills: Heavy Armor, Block, One-Handed, Destruction, Restoration, and Speech

Approved. Looking forward to this one. ;)

It's always nice when your writing gets reinforced by the canon after you come up with it.

21 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

I know. I was just reacting to the date. Cause it tells me the characters in this post are in for bad times.

Still reading, but…

Reveal hidden contents

They were. 

Indeed everyone in that part of the world in the early 4E had just been through some shit and we’re about to get a kick in the balls

• Like 1

@Centurion I really liked the prequel post. Also, welcome back to writing! :D 

You did a good job of accomplishing what I tried to do with my Heidrun post by depicting a harrowing refugee journey that moves very quickly and covers a long span in a short post. I think yours ended up better at accomplishing this than mine, because I am really bad at being succinct. XD 

In a very brief few paragraphs, I felt like I got a good idea of who Selman is and what these events did to him. Seeing how much he went through and how much he had to abandon (literally ran away from his murdered wife) in order to save Drelan makes it so much sadder to read Tythis’s CS and learn of his fate.

Not sure how I feel about the New Temple being so violently opposed to the old guard that they’d plan on assaulting Mournhold during the Argonian invasion, but we never actually see that happen in the post, just prediction of it coming, so I guess it’s not a surefire thing.

Could be bad info, or a severe over-exaggeration of the Temple’s intentions. Or an incomplete story, because frankly, I imagine the Indoril (who committed mass suicide just for Vivec surrendering to Tiber!!!) being much more hostile to the changing times than the other way around. I’d be surprised if it’s just a one-sided persecution.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

@Centurion I really liked the prequel post. Also, welcome back to writing! :D 

Hide contents

You did a good job of accomplishing what I tried to do with my Heidrun post by depicting a harrowing refugee journey that moves very quickly and covers a long span in a short post. I think yours ended up better at accomplishing this than mine, because I am really bad at being succinct. XD 

In a very brief few paragraphs, I felt like I got a good idea of who Selman is and what these events did to him. Seeing how much he went through and how much he had to abandon (literally ran away from his murdered wife) in order to save Drelan makes it so much sadder to read Tythis’s CS and learn of his fate.

Not sure how I feel about the New Temple being so violently opposed to the old guard that they’d plan on assaulting Mournhold during the Argonian invasion, but we never actually see that happen so it’s not a surefire thing.

Could be bad info, or a severe over-exaggeration of the Temple’s intentions. Or an incomplete story, because frankly, I imagine the Indoril (who committed mass suicide just for Vivec surrendering to Tiber!!!) being much more hostile to the changing times than the other way around. I’d be surprised if it’s just a one-sided persecution.

It wasn’t mournhold the new temple “planned” on assaulting. It was Davin Watch. And whether or not they were is up in the air. I played that off of the real life narrative zealots try to spin all the time about “enemies on all sides” and “how they are coming for us” kinda shit you see constantly. But as for Indoril they were far to weak and up to there necks in lizard to defend against new temple doctrine. In the beginning right before the Red Year, Mournhold and most of the Indoril lands are still holding onto the tribunal as staunch opponents against the new temple. But the eruption and the following assault and sacking of Mournhold and the surrounding lands left House Indoril too weak and too few in number to really put up a fight over the religious views and the canonization of the tribunal as saints satisfied most of the opposition, meanwhile I’m sure another bout of suicide protests took place in the older ranks.

• Like 1

And regarding the main timeline post.

I know I already said this in our PM, but I really like the new currency. Says a lot about both Morrowind’s movement away from the Empire as well as who’s spearheading it that a Redoran-styled coin would be entering circulation.

And Tythis’s gifting of the coin and the thoughts he had while doing so says a lot about his character, particularly his pride in Morrowind. Not House Redoran, but in his entire nation. It’s so strong that even in an urchin like the boy, he hopes for the spark of Dunmer pride to be ignited. Hail Rasdaynia indeed.

The reaction from Tythis over the boy calling him an outlander, and his anger over the sorry state of the Dunmer further emphasizes this. It is clear that this is a guy who values his people highly. It’s also clear that he’s up to something here in Skyrim. I suppose it’s only natural that the Houses would plant some spies in Windhelm. Wouldn’t be hard with all the immigrants living there.

Good character work and good introduction. I look forward to seeing where things go from here. 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Centurion said:

As for the main time line post. I appreciate you working with me doc. This was 2 years in the making after all :rofl: I just randomly got the itch to write some and bam we finished a post I never thought we would. Appreciate it big dog

Happy to, bud. We’ll be at least twice as fast for the next one, eh?

@Centurion :( 

Finished the post. That was not the outcome I was expecting for him and Freya. Sad stuff, man. Good, but sad.

I liked his "dream" of Sovngarde. I want to believe that his family knew what was coming. That his grandfather smiled because he knew his grandson would be in Sovngarde soon, while his parents’ sadness was directed at what they knew Ubbe himself would soon be going through.

Well, homebody had something to live for. Now I’m predicting he’ll be back in full Savage mode soon.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Damn that was brutal, I mean things are always brutal with Ubbe, but in a different way :P

All I can imagine with that little Theu appearance is him fucking getting trampled by Ubbe, like full on indented into the ground :rofl:

Real sad post, I didn't at all expect it. I thought it was going to be a heartwarming thing where Ubbe gets to experience a full family for the first time.

• Like 1

Just now, TheCzarsHussar said:

Damn that was brutal, I mean things are always brutal with Ubbe, but in a different way :P

Reveal hidden contents

All I can imagine with that little Theu appearance is him fucking getting trampled by Ubbe, like full on indented into the ground :rofl:

Real sad post, I didn't at all expect it. I thought it was going to be a heartwarming thing where Ubbe gets to experience a full family for the first time.

We thought Ubbe was on the GoW4 Kratos arc.

Turns out he’s on the GoW1 Kratos arc.