5 members have voted

1. 1. Most Valuable "Sidekick"

• Bully the Bully
    • Menel Rivas
    • Karsh the Raven
    • Sir Thomas Maric
    • Wraith the Vampire
    • Hireling Elara

Bully the Bully is a mighty Grim One officer and one of Baldur's top men.

Menel Rivas is Veleda's second, a loyal Bosmer Stormcloak with a penchant for magic.

Karsh is Yornar's magical talking raven used for spying and message delivery.

Thomas Maric was Theodore's bodyguard and one of the top warriors in High Rock.

Wraith is Lorgar's vampire lieutenant and ambiguously friendly straight man.

Elara was Endar's stewardess, who followed him across Cyrodiil until killed by necromancers.

4 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Karsh could drive anyone insane if his master ordered him too, so he gets my vote. 

Was definitely a tossup between him and Menel for me. Ended up going with the elf because loyalty derived from bonds of friendship > bonds of selfishness.

Maric would've been a contender too, but he ditched Theo to find his son. Good move as a dad, but this ain't the "best father" award. XD 

• 3 weeks later...
25 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

@BigBossBalrog

Hmm… free mercenary services for anyone who wants them. That seems risky. I wonder what Dales is up to.

I enjoyed Oreyn mocking the Nord by sarcastically comparing her to a Grim One. XD 

I specifically mentioned it's only low-"tier" ones, shit like  "we have a giant rat in our basement" (MY LITTLE BABIES!) XD It's more or less a PR promotion by her part for some good will 

• Haha 2

Got caught up fully with Balrog's last two posts (your newest one reminded me I forgot to finish the old one ;_;) and goddamn, everytime she's around women I get reminded she radiates chemicals in the air that turns the freaking citizens gay :rofl:

Got her absolute ass handed to her, I was expecting either a draw or another win from the Da Emprahss. Not to be pummeled into royal meat.

She's running off having adventures and intrigue, while leaving poor old Corvus to do boring stuff like slaughtering bandits, man he's too high leveled up for that grind. Corvus is at least level 3, come on man

• Haha 2

28 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

She's running off having adventures and intrigue, while leaving poor old Corvus to do boring stuff like slaughtering bandits, man he's too high leveled up for that grind.

Remember, this is Cyrodiil where enemies scale with the player and overleveling is impossible. The bandits Corvus fights should all be wearing glass and daedric armor.

• Haha 2

I mean the story reason she didn't bring Corvus is A; Dales would rather her killer Mercenaries (Most of them, she brought a handful with her, just haven't showed them yet) be do something productive, rather then guarding her, B; She thinks Corvus would kill half of the Imperial aristocracy if she brought him to their castles by sheer appearance alone.

The REAL reason, I didn't bring him is if Corvus is around to guard Dales, the tension with the situation Dales finds herself in would  be ZERO :rofl:

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

B; She thinks Corvus would kill half of the Imperial aristocracy if she brought him to their castles by sheer appearance alone.

More like kill half the aristocracy after one feast from malnutrition, never invite Corvus to dinner. Atmoriants eat and eat and eat.

18 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

The REAL reason, I didn't bring him is if Corvus is around to guard Dales, the tension with the situation Dales finds herself in would  be ZERO :rofl:

Fuck, you got me there. :rofl:

But don't tell me a very angry Corvus tossing Valeria over the walls after beating his paymaster wouldn't have been worth it 

• Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...

@TheCzarsHussar I quite enjoy these sorts of little "slice of life" posts. :D This one was particularly revealing.

Theudofrid reminded me of Pycelle in this deleted scene. Back when GoT was good.

Your balancing of Theu putting on the show of an old and decrepit man to disguise an ancient -even sinister- power is really fun.

It was also refreshing to see some Nordy Nords regard the man with even a little respect. Poor guy is the subject of so much bullying (even though I know he chooses to take it). 

And I enjoyed his suspicions towards, well, everyone. XD But especially Illorwe since I know her goals and motives, and seeing him worry over them is amusing. 

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

@TheCzarsHussar I quite enjoy these sorts of little "slice of life" posts. :D This one was particularly revealing.

The greatest mystery of Theudofrid is laid bare, ironic wording.

His groaning curses against the Old Knocker mixed with the sounds of heavy knocking

23 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Theudofrid reminded me of Pycelle in this deleted scene. Back when GoT was good.

I sometimes forget that GoT used to have good seasons. 

25 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Your balancing of Theu putting on the show of an old and decrepit man to disguise an ancient -even sinister- power is really fun.

Something I've got to stress is while Theudofrid is a powerful mage, he is outclassed by many of his contemporaries of the assembly from a magical standpoint (not even counting the two elves, Theu is like an apprentice compared to Endar). His strength lies in his otherworldly wisdom, and the profane power over dreams.

If he was a Morrowind npc, he'd have an average Intelligence but an ungodly high Willpower.

41 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

It was also refreshing to see some Nordy Nords regard the man with even a little respect. Poor guy is the subject of so much bullying (even though I know he chooses to take it).

I was originally going to have the Grim One mock Theudofrid, only half heartedly suggesting he watch them train but quickly decided it was unfitting. I don't want Theu to be a clownish joke character. There would be people who respect him, as an accomplished clever man and priest of the old pantheon.

45 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

And I enjoyed his suspicions towards, well, everyone. XD But especially Illorwe since I know her goals and motives, and seeing him worry over them is amusing.

:rofl:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

I was originally going to have the Grim One mock Theudofrid, only half heartedly suggesting he watch them train but quickly decided it was unfitting. I don't want Theu to be a clownish joke character

I think that was a good call. The original plan would’ve been a little repetitive anyway. And it’s not like the entirety of Skyrim is just a bunch of bullies. Grim Ones come in many flavors, and I imagine plenty of them would be somewhat respectful, at least. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Hide contents

I think that was a good call. The original place would’ve been a little repetitive anyway. And it’s not like the entirety of Skyrim is just a bunch of bullies. Grim Ones come in many flavors, and I imagine plenty of them would be somewhat respectful, at least. 

Especially when said Grim One could have been an officer, directly benefitting from Theu's services to the High King.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

@The Good Doctor

Post had some very poignant scenes.

That was a very grim post all around. From the surprisingly very violent slaughter at the start, which you described without being overly gory. Excellent writing, I think the more subdued description made it darker! The woman getting trampled after trying to hide in the snow, damn.

The scene where Heidrun was alone with Velnir, with the silence so deep it was as if she was alone with the dead painted a very vivid picture in my head. The brief decent into desperation and her creeping realization she was detrimental to his survival, goddamn! I do feel it spoke volumes about Velnir's character, that he stuck with her even though he began despising her.

We've got some severe strife on the way with Boldir and Mila! I'm hyped.

• Thanks 1

@TheCzarsHussar

Thanks!

5 hours ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

That was a very grim post all around. From the surprisingly very violent slaughter at the start, which you described without being overly gory. Excellent writing, I think the more subdued description made it darker! The woman getting trampled after trying to hide in the snow, damn.

I didn’t want to revel too much in the violence in this post since basically all of it was directed at innocents. 

But yeah, the post needed to be grim. It’s been so long since Riften, I felt like it would be worthwhile to give a reminder of what that event was like for all the people who lived through it, because that’s what will motivate things to come.

Course, Heidrun has no idea what Boldir and Mila have been through. If she did, she’d realize that half of her curse has basically already come true.

5 hours ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

I do feel it spoke volumes about Velnir's character, that he stuck with her even though he began despising her.

Glad you picked up on that. I originally had a lot more dialogue written for Velnir to show exactly what was going through his head, but trimmed out a lot of it because I preferred the ambiguity of his silence.

I was also going to have the Longfoots (Longfeet? :P) be their second ambush. In that version, Heidrun and Velnir would have actually killed the first group, only for her to wonder afterwards how Velnir even knew their victims had been bandits. 

I ended up cutting that because it seemed cheesy ("we have become the very thing we hate!!!" XD) and pointless to the story. It was enough for me to have Velnir cross that line, with Heidrun pulling back just before going over it herself.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

I wish Skyrim actually had skis and sleighs. It's literally the perfect environment for it. Outside of the Whiterun Plains, it'd be some of the most effective means of traversing.

Agreed. They are really cool tools, though probably would’ve tough to include, gameplay-wise.

There wasn’t really a place in my post to get into this, but I might some time later. My concept for the Longfoots was for them to be an older clan. They used to cross the Velothi Mountains to raid mainland Morrowind, and used skis and sleighs to traverse the range more quickly. They "carried winds" with them to assist in these maneuvers.

Nowadays, they are fewer in number and engage more in trading and transporting than raiding. They move goods between Riften and Redoran lands, and so tend to come across as more civilized and amicable than a lot of Nordic mountain clans due to how commonly they interact with others. 

• Like 1