• Menel Rivas
    • Karsh the Raven
    • Sir Thomas Maric
    • Wraith the Vampire
    • Hireling Elara

7 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

Aaaaaarrreeeeeees!

Which daedra-

-would be most affiliated with deaths in childbirth?

In Nordic culture, probably Orkey. After all he did try to eat the Nords’ lifespans down to infants and less.

Which is funny because I’m guessing Theudofrid acting weird beside the Time Tree means that Freya and the boy’s deaths happened almost simultaneously with Heidrun’s ritual… 

Either way, Ooooooorkeeeeeeey!

• Sad 1

It's always nice when your writing gets reinforced by the canon after you come up with it.

6 hours ago, The Good Doctor said:

Which daedra-

Hide contents

-would be most affiliated with deaths in childbirth?

In Nordic culture, probably Orkey. After all he did try to eat the Nords’ lifespans down to infants and less.

Which is funny because I’m guessing Theudofrid acting weird beside the Time Tree means that Freya and the boy’s deaths happened almost simultaneously with Heidrun’s ritual… 

Either way, Ooooooorkeeeeeeey!

When messing with the Old Knocker, there’s always unforeseen consequences. Also I never intended for him to have a family, you just so happened to place the moment directly in my hand’s with Heidrun’s ritual

Edited by Centurion
  • Sad 2

Fuck:dntknw:

6 hours ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

Damn that was brutal, I mean things are always brutal with Ubbe, but in a different way :P

Reveal hidden contents

All I can imagine with that little Theu appearance is him fucking getting trampled by Ubbe, like full on indented into the ground :rofl:

Real sad post, I didn't at all expect it. I thought it was going to be a heartwarming thing where Ubbe gets to experience a full family for the first time.

No comment on the post before it tho :cry:

Ubbe was never meant to be happy. Hell I never intended for him to go down any of this arc and now we are here, with him sufficiently pissed, grieving, full of that trademark savageness ready to board a boat to Dominion Lands
  • Sad 1

Fuck:dntknw:

7 hours ago, Centurion said:
  Hide contents

When messing with the Old Knocker, there’s always unforeseen consequences. Also I never intended for him to have a family, you just so happened to place the moment directly in my hand’s with Heidrun’s ritual

Oh no, I didn't even consider that there was a correlation between Snow-Wight's ritual and Freya (and Boy's) deaths. Yikes, damn that's dark.

2 hours ago, Centurion said:

No comment on the post before it tho :cry:

Reveal hidden contents

Ubbe was never meant to be happy. Hell I never intended for him to go down any of this arc and now we are here, with him sufficiently pissed, grieving, full of that trademark savageness ready to board a boat to Dominion Lands

I forgor ;-;

Hope at least one of your characters gets to be happy XD

I'll tell you who won't be happy, every last inbred isle elf, cat, and tree hippy cannibal elf that exists within a thousand feet of him.

2 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

Hide contents

Oh no, I didn't even consider that there was a correlation between Snow-Wight's ritual and Freya (and Boy's) deaths. Yikes, damn that's dark.

I forgor ;-;

Don’t look at me. That was all Centurion. XD 

And we don’t know there was a correlation. It could’ve been natural. I’m just saying it’s probably the kind of thing Nords would associate with Old Knocker regardless.

• Haha 1

It's always nice when your writing gets reinforced by the canon after you come up with it.

• 2 weeks later...

@The Good Doctor I read the Riften post; it's kind of fucked up how many people Boldir's actions fucked over, but you kinda have that kind of blood when your partially responsible for burning a city XD But it's quite cool to see a face on those previously faceless victimized people.

Anyways, simple premise (Kind of reminded me of the Revenant :rofl:) but well done. Very good post. I'm excited to see another Edge Lord join the fray (snow-wight). 

@TheCzarsHussar

"The door was closed" I felt the shiver right here :Jack-O-Lantern:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, BigBossBalrog said:

I have a little bit of a complex related to them; I get yelled at my family for instinctively closing them and locking them XD

Same here. People are always asking me why I’m constantly closing and locking doors. It’s just a habit. XD 

• Like 1

As I temporarily have access to internet for the day, I can finally talk about the post!

@The Good Doctor

Has it really been that long since the last Mila post? Fifteen months?!

Of course once again, and with absolutely no surprise from me, Endar steals the show as always. XD
If it was anyone other than a Telvanni Master I'd have rolled my eyes at the groveling and hyping, but this is a fucking Telvanni Master we're talking about. There are simply no greater, more batshit insane, immortal-necromancy using ass, god tier wizards in all of Nirn then the Telvanni. With Endar, you know every bit of what was said is fitting. If the Telvanni could be assed enough to involve themselves in conquest or the affairs of others, they'd be masters of Tamriel.

It amused me to no end how Endar assumed Mila was there to beg for her old job back, and that even when she attacked him, it was more of something to break up the monotony of the day with. Sure he could un-live her with a magical yawn, but what good would that do? It'd just cause some headache with Baldur. What a fucking threat he gave too, damn!

I cannot wait to see how this resolves, on one hand Mila was determined to tell papa Boldir, but on the other she's obviously terrified of him dying (at least how I saw it). Well done Doc!

• Thanks 1

Morrowind and ironically a throwaway line in Skyrim established that your life can be extended with Necromancy without becoming undead.

All the Telvanni Lords in Morrowind are extremely old, using necromancy to extend their lives indefinitely. With one literally able to blabber for eternity if she was never interrupted. I wish Bethesda would delve more into this side of that magic instead of only using it for undeath.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

If it was anyone other than a Telvanni Master I'd have rolled my eyes at the groveling and hyping, but this is a fucking Telvanni Master we're talking about.

And remember that Roseloe doesn’t know Endar. Her groveling and hyping isn’t so much at him as it is at the reputation of the Telvanni, themselves. She knows little about him, but the fact that he is a Master in their ranks is enough to make her take this extremely seriously. 

9 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

If the Telvanni could be assed enough to involve themselves in conquest or the affairs of others, they'd be masters of Tamriel.

I think it’s more a question of cooperation. A single Master is a big deal, but they rarely work with anyone for long, and virtually never work together. 

1 hour ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

I cannot wait to see how this resolves, on one hand Mila was determined to tell papa Boldir, but on the other she's obviously terrified of him dying (at least how I saw it).

You saw correctly. She feels deeply wronged and betrayed, which is true, and she wants Endar to pay one way or another. She also feels a need to not hide things from Boldir considering how close they are and how strongly they trust each other. These two motivations line up.

But like Valga said, Boldir would likely get killed if he knew. And the more likely scenario is that the Stormcloaks would get involved, their partnership with Endar would shatter, and more people would die, just to give Mila some justice that solves nothing. Considering all that, even with her (possibly over-) confidence in Boldir, Mila knows that Valga is right about what a selfish thing it would be to do. 

Though despite standing absolutely no chance in this post, it is probably still one of the more "badass" moments for Mila, with her finally getting to apply a lot of the training from both Boldir and Valga at the same time.

• 2 months later...

@TheCzarsHussar

"Hear me oh Cult of the Berserker; valiant Nords of Clan Borr! Drink from your giant skull-cups no more, know the taste of wine when poured from elf-ivory, take to your wave-horse! I am Ysmir, Son of Ysmir, Tongue and High King."

This mighty Teutorigos knew was true, for Baldur's words fanned the raging fire in my master's eyes and as it traveled and sank in his throat, he did roar out with such might that it broke the hall-hanging icicles.

"Your words I have heard, Baldur, High King of all the Holds of Skyrim, Ysmir Son of Ysmir! The Hird goes to war, to break the bones, and crash against shield!"

And so was the Rune-Letter of Baldur, High King of all the Skyrim Holds was hewn into the Tapestry-Shields of the Borrshird. They sung in happiness, for the greatest saga of their age had begun.

Damn, that’s badass.

@ColonelKillaBee This is about Baldur. ;) 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

@TheCzarsHussar

"Hear me oh Cult of the Berserker; valiant Nords of Clan Borr! Drink from your giant skull-cups no more, know the taste of wine when poured from elf-ivory, take to your wave-horse! I am Ysmir, Son of Ysmir, Tongue and High King."

This mighty Teutorigos knew was true, for Baldur's words fanned the raging fire in my master's eyes and as it traveled and sank in his throat, he did roar out with such might that it broke the hall-hanging icicles.

"Your words I have heard, Baldur, High King of all the Holds of Skyrim, Ysmir Son of Ysmir! The Hird goes to war, to break the bones, and crash against shield!"

And so was the Rune-Letter of Baldur, High King of all the Skyrim Holds was hewn into the Tapestry-Shields of the Borrshird. They sung in happiness, for the greatest saga of their age had begun.

Damn, that’s badass.

@ColonelKillaBee This is about Baldur. ;) 

Haligthegn might be prone to a little embellishment, but he sure can hype up both his chieftain and High King Baldur! ;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

@TheCzarsHussar

" … the oar-manning Teutoborr Unblinking-Lid sung out so that Kyne might hear.
"I have not forgotten, Storm Mother, that secret learnt when you claimed an eye. I invoke you." "

Damn this is cool. I also got a good laugh out of everyone giving their speeches, and the one crazy bastard just screaming "Kyyyyyyne!" XD 

And like an absolute badass, T-Borr finally enters the fray! I know it’s partially an in-universe fiction, but damn if I don’t love the imagery of these crazy berserker bastards growling their way through a vicious storm and the chieftain himself stomping the deck to overcome a broken wave.

And I especially liked how you contrasted the insane "saga" style of the post with a totally mundane paragraph at the end from the perspective of the Stormcloak sentries. "Oh look, a boat made it through that storm. Nice!"

Well done, and great post. You made that sequence a lot more entertaining than it had any right to be given how short it was and simple its premise.

• Thanks 1