1. 1. Most Valuable "Sidekick"

• Bully the Bully
    • Menel Rivas
    • Karsh the Raven
    • Sir Thomas Maric
    • Wraith the Vampire
    • Hireling Elara

11 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Damn this is cool. I also got a good laugh out of everyone giving their speeches, and the one crazy bastard just screaming "Kyyyyyyne!" XD

I had both a lot of fun, and a lot of writers block making their lines. For some of them it just flowed out in seconds, others it took a fair bit of thinking making a sentence or two to show a personality.

His was one of the times it just flowed perfectly XD

12 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

And like an absolute badass, T-Borr finally enters the fray! I know it’s partially an in-universe fiction, but damn if I don’t love the imagery of these crazy berserker bastards growling their way through a vicious storm and the chieftain himself stomping the deck to overcome a broken wave

It's good to fiiinally get the old bastard into the story proper. I'm going to have a ton of fun with their lot. Those fifteen odd warriors are the cream of the crop of Roscrea, the most batshit crazy death-worshipping berserkers in all of Clan Borr.

They will die, each and every one; but damn if it won't be a journey!

21 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

And I especially liked how you contrasted the insane "saga" style of the post with a totally mundane paragraph at the end from the perspective of the Stormcloak sentries. "Oh look, a boat made it through that storm. Nice!"

I'd just love to imagine how Haligthegn would tell the story, compared to how Teutorigos would recount it.

The latter would just sum it up as "We asked Kyne for stormwinds, she gave us one. Sea near swallowed us up."

23 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Well done, and great post. You made that sequence a lot more entertaining than it had any right to be given how short it was.

Thank you mightily!

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Reminds me of the chief at the helm of the longship in that "Who Let the Dogs Out video". Whole post reminded me of that, actually.

Post on last page.

This post would never have had it's inspiration without that one XD

22 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Also, "Avalanche" is an awesome name for a sword. I loved him drawing it at the end to scare the Sea Ghosts away.

I'm veeery very picky about having named weapons. In all my writing, there's only ever been two. The name popped into my head as I was imagining how writing a battle scene in chapter 4 would go. In my head I described it as a falling mountain, crushing down the elves. Then it just popped in my head, Avalanche!

• Like 2

Just now, TheCzarsHussar said:

I'm veeery very picky about having named weapons. In all my writing,

Ditto. I don’t think I’ve ever done it. Played with the idea of naming Mila’s dagger, since it is such a unique weapon, but I never came up with anything fitting. Every idea seemed too "epic" for a character like her. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Ditto. I don’t think I’ve ever done it. Played with the idea of naming Mila’s dagger, since it is such a unique weapon, but I never came up with anything fitting. Every idea seemed too "epic" for a character like her. 

But Mila can literally destroy worlds, I think she's earned an incredibly epic and edgy name ;)

• Haha 1

One final note, I had a really hard time thinking of a good kenning for thunderstorms.

My original attempts were: Sky-Blanket (:rofl:), Sky-Fog, Sky-Hurricane, and finally the one I happily ended up with, Sky-Grove. I really dig the kenning for that one, likening a thunderstorm to a grove of kyne

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, The Good Doctor said:

Made you say "I am Ysmir son of Ysmir" or "I am Amleth the Bear Wolf"?

And on a scale of 1-10 with 10 being that dude in the video, how hard did you go while saying it? XD 

there was no way to do any of that without going at least 10 xD And the latter

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee