Roleplayer’s Off Topic Thread #20

Vault 31  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Which experiment would you choose?

• Fill up the population with as many confirmed psychopaths that have yet been convicted of murder.
    • Fill up the population with pacifists but also fill the vault with as much weapons and ammo as possible.
    • Have hidden speakers constantly play tapes backwards that tell the dwellers to do horrible things to each other.
    • Fill up the population with prude people and make the vault suits disintegrate over time.
    • Fill the vault with a ridiculous amount of alcohol and the equipment to make more.

Speaking of leitmotifs (in the other thread), that is one thing I am looking forward to in this next season of Game of Thrones. Whatever else the show gets wrong, the music is always top notch. 

I love this part here, where after the Red Wedding, Tywin melts down Ice and burns Grey Wind’s pelt. The scene starts with the Stark theme in the background, but when Tywin enters it shifts to Rains of Castametere and the tone goes from sad to triumphant and a little sinister.

It's always nice when your writing gets reinforced by the canon after you come up with it.

41 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Speaking of leitmotifs (in the other thread), that is one thing I am looking forward to in this next season of Game of Thrones. Whatever else the show gets wrong, the music is always top notch. 

I love this part here, where after the Red Wedding, Tywin melts down Ice and burns Grey Wind’s pelt. The scene starts with the Stark theme in the background, but when Tywin enters it shifts to Rains of Castametere and the tone goes from sad to triumphant and a little sinister.

May Tywin rot in the bowels of hell for all eternity (pun intended).

I think it was Preston Jacobs who pointed out that Tywin had likely been poisoned and this was why he was on the can so long, and why his corpse stank especially bad. If so, too bad Tyrion didn't let him shit himself to death.

• Haha 1

Just now, Celan said:

May Tywin rot in the bowels of hell for all eternity (pun intended).

I think it was Preston Jacobs who pointed out that Tywin had likely been poisoned and this was why he was on the can so long, and why his corpse stank especially bad. If so, too bad Tyrion didn't let him shit himself to death.

I’ve read that theory, though I can’t remember if it was PJ or not. I’m not totally convinced, but it is a fun possibility. Though I think I like it even better that he just ended up smelling so bad all on his own. 

Either way, Tywin’s death and funeral were great. I loved seeing such an indignant end for a monster who hated being laughed at more than anything else.

It's always nice when your writing gets reinforced by the canon after you come up with it.

Just now, The Good Doctor said:

Wait, is that legit? Like, Reach is confirmed to be part of it too?

343 put the live action trailer for reach in the playtlist for the MCC yesterday, and they also posted this blurry screenshot...which people decoded right away.

gfZDqy1.jpg

3shbiyG.jpg

It's all but confirmed at this point. You should watch the reveal stream, posted the link to it (it's going to show at 5) 

I can’t watch right now, but I will later. If that’s actually what’s happening, I wonder if they are planning on updating Reach into the MCC for those of us who have have it, or if they intend to make people buy it again. That would be pretty ridiculous.

2 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

I can’t watch right now, but I will later. If that’s actually what’s happening, I wonder if they are planning on updating Reach into the MCC for those of us who have have it, or if they intend to make people buy it again. That would be pretty ridiculous.

You had to pay 10 bucks for ODST. But for the first week it was free.

• Thanks 1