• Baldur Red-Snow

• 2 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

@The Good Doctor

*Help wanted*

*Signed by a Telvani Wizard*

*People actually wanting the job*

Maybe the Thalmor are right, maybe humans are fucking dumbasses. XD

What do you mean? XD There are few greater honors than to enter the service of House Telvanni!

It's always nice when your writing gets reinforced by the canon after you come up with it.

I feel like Baldur is in some kind of self inflicted hell XD

He has all the power in Skyrim, yet he's powerless to do something as simple as finding one of his loved ones. And he's shackled by the responsibility of being king so he can't do more.  I'd say it's karma from him  offing Ulfric, maybe the God's have a sense of humour 

XD  

Endar is as entertaining as ever, but I felt like his interaction with the inn keeper humanised him quite a bit. He was still being a stuck up jerk, but it was good to see him happy and appreciative towards  someone as simple as a barkeeper just cause he can drink something that reminds him of home. 

Lodi. Lodi. That's all I say, lol. Good knowing you buddy. The job interview was great. Is  a Bard.  Make sure he dosen't tell Baldur that XD

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

I feel like Baldur is in some kind of self inflicted hell XD

Hide contents

Lodi. Lodi. That's all I say, lol. Good knowing you buddy. The job interview was great. Not a Bard.  Make sure he dosen't tell Baldur that XD

Didn’t you hear? Lodi learns real fast! I’m sure he’ll be fine.

It's always nice when your writing gets reinforced by the canon after you come up with it.

10 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

He has all the power in Skyrim, yet he's powerless to do something as simple as finding one of his loved ones. And he's shackled by the responsibility of being king so he can't do more.  I'd say it's karma from him offing Ulfric, maybe the God's have a sense of humour 

I won’t use spoilers for the Baldur part since it’s already been part of a previous post, but yeah, dude’s got it rough. I do think that his personal problems probably wouldn’t exist if he’d never become a king and gotten mixed up in all the hell that involves. If he was still a simple General, odds are Daric would still be fine.

On the other hand, who knows what would’ve happened to Boldir? Then again, just because Baldur pardoned him doesn’t mean everything is now fine and dandy.

The sujamma part was all Colonel. Wasn’t my idea. We were going to do more interactions between them after the interviews, but after writing them, I was ready to go ahead and post something. It had taken me too long already.

2 hours ago, The Good Doctor said:

I won’t use spoilers for the Baldur part since it’s already been part of a previous post, but yeah, dude’s got it rough. I do think that his personal problems probably wouldn’t exist if he’d never become a king and gotten mixed up in all the hell that involves. If he was still a simple General, odds are Daric would still be fine.

On the other hand, who knows what would’ve happened to Boldir? Then again, just because Baldur pardoned him doesn’t mean everything is now fine and dandy.

Hide contents

The sujamma part was all Colonel. Wasn’t my idea. We were going to do more interactions between them after the interviews, but after writing them, I was ready to go ahead and post something. It had taken me too long already.

If Baldur had never killed Ulfric, who was going to stop Brund? Maybe he wouldn't have gone that far, maybe he'd off him too.

7 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

If Baldur had never killed Ulfric, who was going to stop Brund? Maybe he wouldn't have gone that far, maybe he'd off him too.

Stop him from doing what? Without Ulfric’s death, there is never any moot. Brund wasn’t really doing that much harm before all that. 

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Stop him from doing what? Without Ulfric’s death, there is never any moot. Brund wasn’t really doing that much harm before all that. 

Exactly. By killing Ulfric, Baldur opened up the opportunity for Brund to seize power. His gamble payed off, but we are only saying that cause of hindsight. 

• 3 weeks later...

@TheCzarsHussar

"In a well urban and high density volcanic city, to have a secluded semi-natural retreat was a blessing for the forlorn king. But was once a place to enjoy the simple joys with he and his long passed friends was greatly lessened. Cassivelogenos outlived all his most cherished fellows, and though he was ordained as an Archdruid, was distant from the theocracy...and from Hoary Father Drought. He could find no friendship among the Archdruids, they were all his lord's shadows, and thus he was alone in the world. There were times of unbearable loneliness the king would visit the barrows and raise his long passed companions just to sit around the garden like had been done in an age past, weeping when the motionless draugr proved blankly loyal thralls."

This paragraph was a sad read. :( And this:

"The foreign officially outfitted Altmer sitting cross legged at the other side of the pond smiled in their squinted eyed way."

-has peaked my interest.

I like the saga encompassed in these mini posts. Should've read this one weeks ago.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, The Good Doctor said:

@TheCzarsHussar

Reveal hidden contents

"In a well urban and high density volcanic city, to have a secluded semi-natural retreat was a blessing for the forlorn king. But was once a place to enjoy the simple joys with he and his long passed friends was greatly lessened. Cassivelogenos outlived all his most cherished fellows, and though he was ordained as an Archdruid, was distant from the theocracy...and from Hoary Father Drought. He could find no friendship among the Archdruids, they were all his lord's shadows, and thus he was alone in the world. There were times of unbearable loneliness the king would visit the barrows and raise his long passed companions just to sit around the garden like had been done in an age past, weeping when the motionless draugr proved blankly loyal thralls."

This paragraph was a sad read. :( And this:

"The foreign officially outfitted Altmer sitting cross legged at the other side of the pond smiled in their squinted eyed way."

-has peaked my interest.

I like the saga encompassed in these mini posts. Should've read this one weeks ago.

Poor old Cassivelogenos Bright-Hewer, a figure from a more heroic age now so old and worn down by the eras. I haven't had a good chance to show it yet, but he's a sliver of his former self. Decade long Atmoran pilgrimages, adventures and raids to the far east, fought against an empire? Distant memories from a long-lived monarch. Imagine if Beowulf had lived for so long to witness all that was good and familiar washed away by foreign things, that's old Bright-Hewer now.

If there's one good thing about Cassivelogenos, is at least he's the one Archdruid I'd trust. ;)

As for the obviously Thalmor agent, I can promise what's to come is not only plausible but rather clever on their part.

• Like 1

Don't know what prompted me to write this newest Origins post besides I guess enjoying the new lore books in Greymoor and just in general thinking how awesome Telvanni politics can be. Decided to make one for Endar to further flesh out his background. In case anyone's wondering, it's set just a few years after the Oblivion Crisis and maybe a year or two before the Red Year.

• Like 2

Boy have I missed a lot of discussion lol.

Brund was already a Jarl when Baldur did what he did to Ulfric, and was gonna use his power to off him eventually. That Baldur killed Ulfric while Brund was planning to make a move was convenient, and put them on an even playing field, yet also presented an opportunity for Brund to come after him legally.

Baldur couldn’t have known that though.

Had he not killed Ulfric, it would’ve made Brund’s job harder, but he might’ve caused a civil war trying to kill Ulfric’s general as a Jarl.

As for the hell and self inflicted thing, that’s hindsight but Daric and his other loved ones were always in danger as well. In fact, Kyne’s Watch being where it is would’ve allowed Brund to move on all of them Before Ulfric could say anything about it

• Like 2

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee

5 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

In fact, Kyne’s Watch being where it is would’ve allowed Brund to move on all of them Before Ulfric could say anything about it

Solitude needs to get its act together. XD