Soulsborne Thread #9

What game should FromSoft do next?   

5 members have voted

1. 1. What game should FromSoft do next?

• Bloodborne 2
    • Elden Ring 2
    • Sekiro 2
    • A new IP in the spirit of Soulsborne
    • Something new entirely

55 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

I do hope the stock purchase doesn’t make Fromsoft games more commonly exclusive for PS. Given the option, I much prefer playing them on Xbox, especially when finding a PS5 is still damn near impossible unless you cave to the scalpers.

When your ranking in 20 million copies a year I don't think Sony with its 14 percent share will convince anyone else to let that happen XD 

1 minute ago, The Good Doctor said:

They did with Bloodborne and Demon Souls. Who knows?

Demon Souls has such a crazy dev history it'd hard to explain. Long story short a bunch of super crazy circumstances allowed it to be made

. Anyways since BB there three main titles (Dark Souls 3, Sekiro, Elden Ring) have all been multiplatform and have made bank. There's also the fact the Sony shutdown Sony Japanese Game Productions the company FROM always worked with when they did  a Sony exclusive. 

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Either that, or a defeated and pathetic post-fight Godrick who hasn’t yet died, like Ludwig’s head in Old Hunters.

Ooh good eye. Usually with cut dialog there's no way to know when and where they speak it. But maybe you do actually talk to his "corpse" before Gostoc starts stomping all over him.

Would also be a lot darker if Gostoc was the one to snuff the life from a near death and defenseless Godrick.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

Would also be a lot darker if Gostoc was the one to snuff the life from a near death and defenseless Godrick.

Especially as he’s pathetically reciting poems of what he wishes he could be.

The fact that he is one of the only bosses to leave behind remains is what made me think this might be the case. Ludwig and Morgott also did, and both of them had dialogue.