Soulsborne Thread #9

What game should FromSoft do next?   

5 members have voted

1. 1. What game should FromSoft do next?

• Bloodborne 2
    • Elden Ring 2
    • Sekiro 2
    • A new IP in the spirit of Soulsborne
    • Something new entirely

1 hour ago, The Good Doctor said:

I feel like the only person who didn’t really find Lake of Rot all that painful or difficult. Didn’t even have Bloodhound’s Step my first time through, but Flame Cleanse Me made the Rot pretty trivial. 

All jokes aside, major props to that. Lake of Rot kicked my ass first go around and I also had Flame Cleanse Me.

31 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

All jokes aside, major props to that. Lake of Rot kicked my ass first go around and I also had Flame Cleanse Me.

To me, it seemed too straightforward. The Rot is the big threat, and you always know where it is. If you can handle it, you’re good.

Blighttown was so much worse because you were constantly getting surprised from more directions than you could keep track of.

They’re almost opposites in that LoR punishes you for moving too slowly, and BT punishes moving too fast. I don’t know, I just found the former much easier to manage.

1 hour ago, The Good Doctor said:

To me, it seemed too straightforward. The Rot is the big threat, and you always know where it is. If you can handle it, you’re good.

Blighttown was so much worse because you were constantly getting surprised from more directions than you could keep track of.

They’re almost opposites in that LoR punishes you for moving too slowly, and BT punishes moving too fast. I don’t know, I just found the former much easier to manage.

It's the sheer damage of the rot and fighting the Dragonkin soldier that proved so difficult for me.

If he knocked me in it was automatic game over because I swear he's scripted to be even more aggressive if you have scarlet rot.

• Like 1

"The multiplayer mechanics of the Souls series were inspired by his own personal experience of driving up a snowy road as cars ahead began slipping back and were pushed uphill by other people in the area. As Miyazaki was unable to give his thanks before they left the area, he wondered whether the last person in the line had made it to their destination as he was unlikely to ever meet them again. This gave birth to the series' iconic multiplayer systems, with it attempting to emulate that same sense of silent cooperation."

That's actually kind of heartwarming XD

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

I’ve been making light rolls work on my Frenzied Flame character since the beginning. Can’t wait to see how powerful it is now. 

My Old Theudofrid character was also a light roller from the start, it's very useful now.

I tested it against some of the hardest respawning enemies, the two Haligtree Knights guarding the inner city. And boy it slaps, I can dodge and weave almost as good as quickstep 

• Like 1

1dcmwamo4vk81.png?auto=webp&s=326193aaf4

Apparently Radahn's title in the Japanese version is different. The English localization uses the standard "General", but in Japanese, it's directly "Shogun"  Radahn :legate:  

I can see why the localization changed it, but I think the OG gives way more context. The use of that title implies Radahn wanted to become the Lands Between military dictator. If he had the title before, it also gives alot more flavor. The Shogun existed alongside the monarchy (and became the de-facto ruler after the Sengoku Peroid and turned the Emperor into a puppet), and implies Radahn was supreme commander of the Empire's army. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

1dcmwamo4vk81.png?auto=webp&s=326193aaf4

Apparently Radahn's title in the Japanese version is different. The English localization uses the standard "General", but in Japanese, it's directly "Shogun"  Radahn :legate:  

I can see why the localization changed it, but I think the OG gives way more context. The use of that title implies Radahn wanted to become the Lands Between military dictator. If he had the title before, it also gives alot more flavor. The Shogun existed alongside the monarchy (and became the de-facto ruler after the Sengoku Peroid and turned the Emperor into a puppet), and implies Radahn was supreme commander of the Empire's army. 

Further evidence he's the most Chad demigod.

But considering the Land of Reeds, I don't think Shogun would fit the Lands Between. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

Further evidence he's the most Chad demigod.

But considering the Land of Reeds, I don't think Shogun would fit the Lands Between. 

The Japanese translations are probably all over the place for stuff like this. At this point, I think English is king for Fromsoft games.

• Like 1

Who do you think had the strongest of the Knights prior to the Shattering War?

Godrick's boys might actually be very old knights, which their age explains why they're weaker then their counterparts, when they once were the elite of the most grand hosts in the kingdom. Godrick really squandered the army of his forefathers.

The Cuckoo Knights are spellswords that, being led by the Enchanted Knights, was an equal match for their resplendent golden counterparts of the capital. 

Leyndell Knights are straight up paladins, with the fading power of the Erdtree blessing them, or the strength of dragons enticing them. Albeit I don't recall a single knight using lightning encantations. As powerful as they would have been during the days of plenty and abundance from the Erdtree, they still were driven back by the Cuckoos and Carian Royals.

Radahn's lads have spent themselves cleaning up Malenia's mess. They're entirely reliant on martial prowess, unlike the heavily blessed and empowered Cleanrot Knights. But prior to all that? I'd say they'd have been second to Leyndell, but there's one last secretive order of knights I think beat out everything.

Easily the strongest of all the respawning human enemies, the Haligtree Knights are also spellswords and are far stronger then the Cuckoos. They make the Cleanrot Knights look like pitchfork armed peasants. If they've lost power since Miquella was kidnapped and the Haligtree began to rot, then these people must have been akin to champions like Radagon in their prime.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

Who do you think had the strongest of the Knights prior to the Shattering War?

Godrick's boys might actually be very old knights, which their age explains why they're weaker then their counterparts, when they once were the elite of the most grand hosts in the kingdom. Godrick really squandered the army of his forefathers.

The Cuckoo Knights are spellswords that, being led by the Enchanted Knights, was an equal match for their resplendent golden counterparts of the capital. 

Leyndell Knights are straight up paladins, with the fading power of the Erdtree blessing them, or the strength of dragons enticing them. Albeit I don't recall a single knight using lightning encantations. As powerful as they would have been during the days of plenty and abundance from the Erdtree, they still were driven back by the Cuckoos and Carian Royals.

Radahn's lads have spent themselves cleaning up Malenia's mess. They're entirely reliant on martial prowess, unlike the heavily blessed and empowered Cleanrot Knights. But prior to all that? I'd say they'd have been second to Leyndell, but there's one last secretive order of knights I think beat out everything.

Easily the strongest of all the respawning human enemies, the Haligtree Knights are also spellswords and are far stronger then the Cuckoos. They make the Cleanrot Knights look like pitchfork armed peasants. If they've lost power since Miquella was kidnapped and the Haligtree began to rot, then these people must have been akin to champions like Radagon in their prime.

Some of his Knights use gravitational magic and fiery Ashes of War, so there kind of magically powered but less so then their counterparts. 

My answer; 

aM4yxmV_700b.jpg

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

The Cuckoo Knights

Maybe I’m misremembering, but weren’t there only like a couple dozen of these guys in existence? And yet in their prime, they were repelling the Golden Order.

If my memory is right, then they’re a very strong contender. 

Otherwise, it’s gotta be Haligtree.

4 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Maybe I’m misremembering, but weren’t there only like a couple dozen of these guys in existence? And yet in their prime, they were still instrumental in repelling the Golden Order.

If my memory is right, then they’re a very strong contender. 

Otherwise, it’s gotta be Haligtree.

Nah, the Cuckoo Knights are a mercenary order that was hired by the Mages to destroy the royal family. 

Your talking about the Carian Knights. And a single member was able to guard Queen Renayala from an entire school of battle mages 

It's kinda like GoT, way too many knightly orders XD

3 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

If we’re doing cheat answers, then I propose the Crucible Knights. XD 

One thing I love about them is despite outwardly looking like Paladins, there more like armored Pagan Druids XD

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Some of his Knights use gravitational magic and fiery Ashes of War, so there kind of magically powered but less so then their counterparts. 

My answer; 

aM4yxmV_700b.jpg

Oh yeah true, I forgot about that. In that case yeah, like their lord, they're the chaddest kind of mage. The Strength Int build.

1 minute ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Nah, the Cuckoo Knights are a mercenary order that was hired by the Mages to destroy the royal family. 

Your talking about the Carian Knights. And a single member was able to guard Queen Renayala from an entire school of battle mages 

Ah, that’s right. Yeah, if the Carian Knights can be counted, then my vote is a tossup between them and the Crucibles.

If restricted to the ones in Czar’s post, then Haligtree wins, no sweat. 

3 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

Oh yeah true, I forgot about that. In that case yeah, like their lord, they're the chaddest kind of mage. The Strength Int build.

They were fighting more or less evenly with the Cleanrots, who the Haligtree Knights can shit on. Hate to say it, cause the Rad Lads are the most Chad, but I don’t think they are the strongest.

But they probably do have the strongest archers, though.

2 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

They were fighting more or less evenly with the Cleanrots, who the Haligtree Knights can shit on. Hate to say it, cause the Rad Lads are the most Chad, but I don’t think they are the strongest.

But they probably do have the strongest archers, though.

There's a variant of Redmanes in Dragon Barrow that are on par with the Halingtree's enemies, so I always assumed they were Radahn's best troops XD 

Come to think of it. The Haligtree Knights have no commander. The sword that was to be gifted by Miquella to their lord, never found it's way into anyone's hands.

And with the exception of the two near demigods guarding the entrance into the inner circles of the city, all the other Haligtree Knights are at rest, mourning in the graveyard.

Much like their home, and lord, they're a powerful thing that never was

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

Come to think of it. The Haligtree Knights have no commander. The sword that was to be gifted by Miquella to their lord, never found it's way into anyone's hands.

And with the exception of the two near demigods guarding the entrance into the inner circles of the city, all the other Haligtree Knights are at rest, mourning in the graveyard.

Much like their home, and lord, they're a powerful thing that never was

Good catch. Seems like a lot of common enemies have nice thematic parallels with the rulers they serve. 

• Thanks 1