Soulsborne Thread #9

What game should FromSoft do next?   

5 members have voted

1. 1. What game should FromSoft do next?

• Bloodborne 2
    • Elden Ring 2
    • Sekiro 2
    • A new IP in the spirit of Soulsborne
    • Something new entirely

2 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

In all of the Soulsy From games, who'd you put your money on as the strongest character in game, not mentioned, outside the players?

A very strong contender for me is King Vendrick, it took the hatred of an entire species of giants just to weaken his mindless hollow form enough to take him down. Before he went hollow, Vendrick conquered Lordan, killed the four great ones and returned to Drangelic with a powerful artifact that made the giants wage generations of constant war.

Shura. Literally destroyed an entire province of people and made an entire civilization of warriors scared shitless of walking on said province for the next two hundred years.  

3 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Shura. Literally destroyed an entire province of people and made an entire civilization of warriors scared shitless of walking on said province for the next two hundred years.  

Sekiro is a lot more grounded, albeit heavily fantastical, then the other From games.

I'd place Shura-Sekiro as a scarier firey Lady Maria as a comparison

4 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

Sekiro is a lot more grounded, albeit heavily fantastical, then the other From games.

I'd place Shura-Sekiro as a scarier firey Lady Maria as a comparison

Sounds way worse then that XD

"Soldiers and townsfolk died by the thousands. Very few survived. Ashina became the setting for the most tragic massacre of the Sengoku era. And for a time after, it was said a demon stalked the land..."

"Fields of bodies, mountains of dead. Down Dragonspring river, our country bled. A fiery god, demon wolf in red."

27 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Sounds way worse then that XD

"Soldiers and townsfolk died by the thousands. Very few survived. Ashina became the setting for the most tragic massacre of the Sengoku era. And for a time after, it was said a demon stalked the land..."

"Fields of bodies, mountains of dead. Down Dragonspring river, our country bled. A fiery god, demon wolf in red."

Vendrick'll take'em ;)

18 hours ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

In all of the Soulsy From games, who'd you put your money on as the strongest character in game, not mentioned, outside the players?

The Elden Beast. The thing vastly outclasses Marika, who herself most likely outclassed everything else in the Lands Between and is probably somewhere on par with Gwyn in his prime.

3 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

I’m gonna tier it actually. Because I’m bored. XD 

Hide contents

1:  Elden Beast

2:  Manus, Orphan of Kos, Gael with the Dark Soul, Serpent Rykard, Radagon, Soul of Cinder

3:  Godfrey, Mohg, Radahn, Malenia, Nameless King, Vendrick, Friede, Maria, Moon Presence, Ebrietas, Maliketh

Kind of shows why Gywn kind of had a point about being scared shitless of humanity when those two were perfectly normal humans, before it went wild and they became God-like abominations XD

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Kind of shows why Gywn kind of had a point about being scared shitless of humanity when those two were perfectly normal humans, before it went wild and they became God-like abominations XD

I actually almost included Gwyn and Marika as their own tier below Elden Beast but above everyone else. But Czar specifically asked about the characters we see, and when we see those two they are waaaaay weaker than they were in their primes. Prime Gwyn would easily be my #2.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

I’m more interested in the official DLCs.

I wanna fight a screwed up mutant Miquella!

TGS is next week. If it''s not there, then id imagine there waiting for the Game Awards to show it. 

I would imagine there's going to be multiple. The problem with Mieuqella themed is I don't know how'd they'd fit an entire expansion for him; he's prime boss material, but for the DLC areas themselves? I guess they could have a weird dream landscape, make it like Darkroot Garden. 

10 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

TGS is next week. If it''s not there, then id imagine there waiting for the Game Awards to show it. 

I’m counting on you to fill me in, cause I won’t see anything otherwise. XD 

Considering how heavily Miquella is associated with sleep, and how much Fromsoft loves their dreamscape DLCs, I think that is very likely to be exactly what we get.

4 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

It's why I lean more towards new lands; maybe the border of Kaiden (theme it around some dark-iron keep on the moutain-side) or some nightmarish Jungle-Island like Sothoyos from ASOIF with Dinosaurs XD

I’d like new lands as well, but considering how many unresolved plot threads there are in the Lands Between, I feel that we won’t be going far until the sequel. I reckon Fromsoft will want to at least address Miquella and Godwyn while we’re still in this part of the world.

Uh oh.

Apparently though it's less worrying then I first though. First the thirty is split between two companies, Sony (Ugh) and Tencent (UGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH).  and you aren't supposed to worry till you get to 20. Kadowaka owns about fifty five percent, and there refusing to budge in any way. 

https://www.polygon.com/23330755/fromsoftware-tencent-sony-interactive-deal-elden-ring

It also reveals FROM is valued at 1 fucking billion now... which is pretty insane growth? 

And as a plus, apparently the deal injected 260 million dollars into the company. 

• Confused 1