Soulsborne Thread #9

What game should FromSoft do next?   

5 members have voted

1. 1. What game should FromSoft do next?

• Bloodborne 2
    • Elden Ring 2
    • Sekiro 2
    • A new IP in the spirit of Soulsborne
    • Something new entirely

1 hour ago, The Good Doctor said:

Tree Sentinel would probably top the list though if they were all the OP Diomedes variant. 

"After the great ancient dragon Gransax attacked, the sentinels had an epiphany. The only way to truly protect the Erdtree was to become dragons themselves"

37 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

Ay yoooo @BigBossBalrog fucking Archthrones remade Heide's Tower in ds3.

they need to chill, my heart can only handle so much hype. Maybe I'd tag some others too, but y'all scared of ds2

Meh, it's very impressive from a technical perspective, but seeing Heide's Tower of Flame makes me think the inclusion is just for souless fanservice.

I'm much more impressed with the "War-torn village" area they showcased, especially since it takes place during the Lothric Civil War. 

FXKAYm2XoAI3WSU?format=jpg&name=large

FXKAiucXEAA-hpY?format=jpg&name=large

FXKAkn9WIAIO3Yj?format=jpg&name=large

FV4y3bYX0AYNSYk?format=jpg&name=large

5 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Meh, it's very impressive from a technical perspective, but seeing Heide's Tower of Flame makes me think the inclusion is just for souless fanservice.

I'm much more impressed with the "War-torn village" area they showcased, especially since it takes place during the Lothric Civil War. 

FXKAYm2XoAI3WSU?format=jpg&name=large

FXKAiucXEAA-hpY?format=jpg&name=large

FXKAkn9WIAIO3Yj?format=jpg&name=large

FV4y3bYX0AYNSYk?format=jpg&name=large

Honestly instead of having us revisit an unrecognizable Earthen Peak in the Ringed City dlc, I'd have much rather revisted a desolated, rebuilt and destroyed time and time again Heide's Tower. It's very likely where Gwynevere and Flann fled to from Anor Londo, before the former came to Lothric.

I don't think Archthrones is doing the whole converging lands thing, but going back to Drangelic, even if just the coast is a fancy idea I'm in favor of.

Just now, The Good Doctor said:

Godfrey

You wut m8

1 minute ago, The Good Doctor said:

The Snow Witch

That's an interesting one. Ranni didn't originally have four arms. Though for describing her mentor as an old crone, Ranni being the vain thing she is, didn't have her doll's face be withered and old.

1 minute ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

You wut m8

That's an interesting one. Ranni didn't originally have four arms. Though for describing her mentor as an old crone, Ranni being the vain thing she is, didn't have her doll's face be withered and old.

I think it's more that she's a little insecure rather then vain XD Remeber how she uses books to make herself look taller? 

Just now, BigBossBalrog said:

I think it's more that she's a little insecure rather then vain XD Remeber how she uses books to make herself look taller? 

I could describe Ranni as many things both favorable and darkly, but insecure isn't one of them. Despite what her fanboy lovers think, she's a fucking sinister character, if not second only to Marika herself.

3 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Is that insecurity, or just so she can look people in the eyes? She’s not exactly hiding the fact that she’s sitting on books. 

I've never had a character do Selivus's questline, but Ranni can instantly kill you with a glance. Maybe it requires eye contact?

1 minute ago, BigBossBalrog said:

I'm glad we at least got to him see in the intro and CGI cutscenes XD

Yeah and he’s basically Baldr. XD 

Just now, TheCzarsHussar said:

I could describe Ranni as many things both favorable and darkly, but insecure isn't one of them. Despite what her fanboy lovers think, she's a fucking sinister character, if not second only to Marika herself.

Agreed. I might even rank her above Marika in that department. 

Just now, BigBossBalrog said:

We finally have updated numbers. Since June Elden Ring has sold 16.6 million copies! If any dev deserves this level of success, it's FROM! 

https://www.gematsu.com/2022/08/elden-ring-shipments-and-digital-sales-top-16-6-million

Remember when Naughty Dog released the numbers for TLoU2 like once for the first month, but never again? XD 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Remember when Naughty Dog released the numbers for TLoU2 like once for the first month, but never again? XD 

I remember XD Four million if I recall. 

EE's numbers are even more impressive when you remember the game has never gone on sale, so they've been making the full price for each copy sold. 

4 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

I remember XD Four million if I recall. 

"Most awarded game of all time" but they’re too embarrassed to share its sales. XD And it was going on sale in no time.

5 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

EE's numbers are even more impressive when you remember the game has never gone on sale, so they've been making the full price for each copy sold. 

I hope it makes them rich. I’m always happy to see a game succeed on its own without microtransactions or any of that nonsense.