Roleplayer's Off Topic Thread #35

Steam summer sale started

I got an email advertising Dragon Age 2 on sale for $7.99. I wouldn't give a pile of steaming dog shit for that game.

Nothing I'm buying in 2022, probably not until Cyberpunk expansion in 2023. Maybe Baldur's Gate 3 in 2023 also. We'll see about Starfield.

19 minutes ago, Celan said:

I got an email advertising Dragon Age 2 on sale for $7.99. I wouldn't give a pile of steaming dog shit for that game.

Nothing I'm buying in 2022, probably not until Cyberpunk expansion in 2023. Maybe Baldur's Gate 3 in 2023 also. We'll see about Starfield.

Why don't you give Dark Souls 1 a go XD

34 minutes ago, Celan said:

I’ll probably get the Hellblade sequel and A Plague Tale Requiem when they come out, though I’m not exactly chomping at the bit for either.

3 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

I’ll eventually play RE4 if it turns out to be as good as the original.

System Shock and Callisto Protocol interest me, but unless I hear that they’re just absolutely excellent, it’ll probably be a while before I give them a try. 

Game basically defined the entire Xbox360/PS3 generation, no pressure for Capcom. XD But I think there up for the task. 

Bruh, I’m seriously considering moving to an actual 1st world country. The Supreme Court rules in favor of freedom one day and then in the same week decides to treat women as second class citizens. Then I see that one of the justices is looking to overturn Same-sex marriage and contraception

• Confused 1

Fuck:dntknw:

11 minutes ago, Centurion said:

Bruh, I’m seriously considering moving to an actual 1st world country. The Supreme Court rules in favor of freedom one day and then in the same week decides to treat women as second class citizens. Then I see that one of the justices is looking to overturn Same-sex marriage and contraception

That's some real bullshit. But you have protect the sperm cells that haven't even formed a fetus yet...

Abortion is...a messy topic.. But Birth Control shouldn't be an issue at all. 

And I heard (though this was a year or two ago) that most Republicans these days were fine with gay marriage, so it's crazy to me that still being debated when I thought people were done with this shit in 2016. 

8 hours ago, Centurion said:

It’s not a matter of treating women as anything, or even being pro or anti anything. The overturning was based on the fact that Roe vs Wade was used by an activist court to effectively create a law independently of the Legislative Branch, which obviously isn’t their role in government.

Now the abortion law issue can go to the legislatures where it and all other lawmaking issues belong. It’s the opposite of a third-world action; it’s actually abiding by the legal systems we have in place.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

Politicians XD

I don't want to even flag my ass 

Don’t worry about that. They’d just come investigate only to find that we spend most of our time just shitting on Bethesda and making cringy jokes.

And because statistically, over 80% of the FBI are gamers, they’d probably agree with us and then we get some cool ABC friends who join the club.

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Twitter is being based for once? XD

Nah, Twitter has always been like that. They cry about murdering rich people all the time, like when Elon Musk started talking about buying them out. It’s just comically impotent rage. 

Twitter only punishes this if the people they threaten to kill don’t line up with their politics. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Nah, Twitter has always been like that. They cry about murdering rich people all the time, like when Elon Musk started talking about buying them out. It’s just comically impotent rage. 

Twitter only punishes this if the people they threaten to kill don’t line up with their politics.

I didn't state anything about political party, I was (half) joking, but I just saw the capital P XD 

Always remember what my war photographer prof told me in uni; politicians of all types are lower on the scale of criminals then pedophiles.

4 hours ago, The Good Doctor said:

It’s not a matter of treating women as anything, or even being pro or anti anything. The overturning was based on the fact that Roe vs Wade was used by an activist court to effectively create a law independently of the Legislative Branch, which obviously isn’t their role in government.

Now the abortion law issue can go to the legislatures where it and all other lawmaking issues belong. It’s the opposite of a third-world action; it’s actually abiding by the legal systems we have in place.

Yes, the blue states aren't going to change any laws. If California is any judge, they will make infanticide legal- they've already said it. Same as Canada, where live birth "abortions" are technically illegal but practically permitted. According to the National Post, as many as 50 of these are performed a year in Canada- god only knows how many in the US. To be clear, what I'm talking about is an infant born alive who is killed or allowed to die in the hospital because the mother wills it.

Now abortion is not my issue really, I think it should be legal in the first trimester as a pragmatic thing. People are always going to kill unwanted offspring and then it can at least be done humanely. But the fact that it's legal in the US and Canada to treat human offspring worse than a dog or cat is some real fucking surreal bullshit. Just imagine all the Twitter mobs if they heard about somebody tearing a puppy limb from limb, or burning it to death in a chemical bath. But these same people are out threatening murder and mayhem because someone objects to them doing the same thing to a human child. And these people think they're the ethical ones.

So, if there's a state in the union that wants to allow that sort of thing, I wouldn't advocate sending in the jackboots to stop them. But I sure as fuck don't want to live there. Federalism is live and let live, and that's fine by me.

15 minutes ago, Celan said:

Yes, the blue states aren't going to change any laws. If California is any judge, they will make infanticide legal- they've already said it. Same as Canada, where live birth "abortions" are technically illegal but practically permitted. According to the National Post, as many as 50 of these are performed a year in Canada- god only knows how many in the US. To be clear, what I'm talking about is an infant born alive who is killed or allowed to die in the hospital because the mother wills it.

Now abortion is not my issue really, I think it should be legal in the first trimester as a pragmatic thing. People are always going to kill unwanted offspring and then it can at least be done humanely. But the fact that it's legal in the US and Canada to treat human offspring worse than a dog or cat is some real fucking surreal bullshit. Just imagine all the Twitter mobs if they heard about somebody tearing a puppy limb from limb, or burning it to death in a chemical bath. And these people think they're the ethical ones.

So, if there's a state in the union that wants to allow that, I wouldn't send in the troops to stop them. But I sure as fuck don't want to live there.

This is reprehensible for sure, but not quite true. It's not something I agree with. "Infancide" is a criminal offense in the Canadian court of law, but unfortunately it has a lesser penalty for "murder" (Which I agree is bullshit). Basically a woman who kills a child five months or younger can claim mental illness as an excuse, in which if there found guilty of Infanticide instead of homicide, they can get off, at lowest, for five years. Most of the time though, there defense is shot down and they get the full charge for killing there child. Some more reading on the subject.

https://canadiancrc.com/Infanticide-Criminal_Code_Canada_Offence.aspxhttps://canadiancrc.com/Infanticide-Criminal_Code_Canada_Offence.aspx

I've heard nothing about a baby being born, and the hospital allowing it to be killed as an "abortion". (And if it's happening, it's underground and very illegal). 

Sorry, I’m never gonna be happy about states like Texas being allowed to criminalize my wife for having a miscarriage, or condemning her to death to bring a dangerous fetus to term. I’m not gonna sit happy with the prospect of my daughters having to carry rape babies to birth. I care more about the people already living than a fetus. I’m not happy about Justice Thomas wanting to over turn Same-sex marriage or contraception, because I know states will outlaw those too.

Infanticide is murder, abortion is not.

I don’t understand how the right to choose isn’t supported by the Constitution which states life, liberty, the pursuit of happiness

18B200A3-D438-4CA0-B20E-54E0E552F8D3.thumb.png.0d1e86b9ee28920458bc0eb0c630f977.png

Im not a republican, and I’m sure as hell not a democrat. I disagree with both parties on the majority of policies. And I definitely do not understand the need people feel to impose their way of life on others, especially when the thing they are going after doesn’t effect them anyway. Basic human rights shouldn’t be a debate. Yet here we are. If they cared about babies so much then explain to me way I have to commit myself to 4 more years of misery to be able to ensure my 18 month old daughter gets the hip surgery she needs. Why is baby formula more rare than gold at the moment. Why are orphans constantly bouncing between foster families until they age out never having been adopted.

• Like 1

I’m also not a “patriot” anymore. The older I grow the more dissolutioned I become. the indoctrination has worn off and I can see the waste pit for what it is. I don’t have an answer to what country would be better, but I am certain there are places out there that will offer a greater standard of living then our crumbling empire

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Centurion said:

Sorry, I’m never gonna be happy about states like Texas being allowed to criminalize my wife for having a miscarriage, or condemning her to death to bring a dangerous fetus to term. I’m not gonna sit happy with the prospect of my daughters having to carry rape babies to birth. I care more about the people already living than a fetus. I’m not happy about Justice Thomas wanting to over turn Same-sex marriage or contraception, because I know states will outlaw those too.

Infanticide is murder, abortion is not.

I don’t understand how the right to choose isn’t supported by the Constitution which states life, liberty, the pursuit of happiness

18B200A3-D438-4CA0-B20E-54E0E552F8D3.thumb.png.0d1e86b9ee28920458bc0eb0c630f977.png

Im not a republican, and I’m sure as hell not a democrat. I disagree with both parties on the majority of policies. And I definitely do not understand the need people feel to impose their way of life on others, especially when the thing they are going after doesn’t effect them anyway. Basic human rights shouldn’t be a debate. Yet here we are. If they cared about babies so much then explain to me way I have to commit myself to 4 more years of misery to be able to ensure my 18 month old daughter gets the hip surgery she needs. Why is baby formula more rare than gold at the moment. Why are orphans constantly bouncing between foster families until they age out never having been adopted.

I feel it's hypocritical for them to claim to be about "protecting life" but as soon as the baby's born, throw them to the wolves by cutting funding for social programs and stuff that's put forward to help new families struggling with the bills for basic necessities like food.  

It might be a disconnect cause Canada has alot of welfare programs for people of all walks of life, and I know alot of people in the states view that kind of thing as being "dangerously close to communism".