Roleplayer's Off Topic Thread #35

@Centurion You absolute fucking dumb shit, I'd be lying if I said I didn't have the stupidest grin while reading your rantings. :rofl:

Lost it at mongoloid

@The Good Doctor

I know I've said this before but I'll say it again, re-canonize Fallout Tactics. Give us a direct sequel to it's events, with either a destroyed calculator or general barnaky merger. I'd much rather have barnaky.

But it'd have to be from Obsidian, I have zero faith in Bethesda to deliver. I'd actually be interested to see vault zero be built up as the MB's capital over Chicago, or at least an internal rival to it.

Actually fuck it, let me be completely honest. I think the Fallout rp would make for an excellent setting for the game XD

• Like 1

Honestly, I think Obsidian would double down on decanonizing most of Tactics, themselves. They draw a lot from Van Buren, some of them (like Sawyer) having been major brains behind that project, and Van Buren would’ve completely removed Vault 0 and much of the Tactics lore.

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

To me, "gatorclaw" feels like they spent three seconds thinking about it.

"Oh, it’s like a gator but shaped like a deathclaw. How about 'gator-claw'?"

"Perfect. Moving on."

Yeah the Biome in Far Harbor had alot more attention to detail XD

So yeah, I started watching and collecting another Japanese Directors Movies after taking a break from sampling Kurosawa's, a dude named YASUJIRO OZU. He's usually regarded as one of the big three; but unlike the others, wasn't discovered outside of Japan till well after his death. The only thing I knew about him before watching some of his films was a quote "my movies are about nothing".

And it turns out his movies are about nothing XD 

So basically he repeats the same theme in all of his movies; the turmoil of family life. He takes the same actors, and casts them as different characters and different family roles. He puts a different family with a different situation, and depicts them in day to day life with the typical family drama, and some how I wasn't bored while watching themXD He has a very unique camera style; he rarely has any tracking or moving shots. He films, and his shots never move till they get to the next shot. Each shot is meticulously  crafted though, and he has tons of beautiful scenery. 

floating-weeds-train.jpg

2236.jpg

good-morning2.jpg

I still think I prefer Kurosawa; but I enjoyed his movies, and it was a good break from Samurai films XD The plot's are very simple (Dad wants daughter to marry, daughter dosen't want to marry) but were very well told for what they were. 

• Like 1

You may have heard of this but the VA for Sheogorath, protectrons etc. is doing a fundraiser for Alzheimer's research and there are a lot of TES and Fallout streams for that, and some giveaways.

https://linktr.ee/falloutforhope

I have been playing around on Artbreeder (why did I never find this when I was trying to make Pathfinder portraits?!) and I made a couple of my characters from the RP. I thought there would be more options like hairstyle and background but I guess you have to pony up for Photoshop to do that.

Rebec / Maggie

Rebec.jpeg

Maggie.jpeg

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

It released yesterday for us mortals, how'd you see it early?

It was finished last week, but YouTube was struggling to cooperate with the 3D stuff. It was up on Vimeo and his backup channel during that time.

AllinAll is pretty cool about replying to questions and stuff. We spent a whole day talking about The Northman, then Skyrim and Bloodmoon. He hid a bunch of little details in this video that are super easy to miss since you can face away from them. My favorite is a rower trying to abandon ship right at the end and getting an axe to his back for being a coward. Also, the Valkyries. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, The Good Doctor said:

AllinAll is pretty cool about replying to questions and stuff. We spent a whole day talking about The Northman, then Skyrim and Bloodmoon. He hid a bunch of little details in this video that are super easy to miss since you can face away from them. My favorite is a rower trying to abandon ship right at the end and getting an axe to his back for being a coward. Also, the Valkyries.

Since I know he likes to also make videos quasi Elder Scrolls related such as Milkshake, I could have also swore I heard their chief say his name was Yngol during his verse. Sea Ghosts my ass, fucker died throwing down with a battleship.

The easter eggs I noticed on my first viewing were the ghost seal, purely on accident XD, the ravens seen only in lightning. I had to look at the comments to notice the mustached whale. But I never saw the axing, gotta rewatch for the tenth time then.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

the ghost seal

He told me that was in there but I still haven’t spotted it. XD 

How did you miss the whale? It takes up the whole screen! :rofl: Was it because it’s so big that you thought it was the horizon? 

There is a surprisingly easy to miss NSFW detail that I kinda wish I hadn’t noticed, because now it can’t be unnoticed.

7 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

But I never saw the axing, gotta rewatch for the tenth time then.

It’s a real "blink and you miss it" thing. Like, you could literally be staring in the right direction and it happens so quickly that it still skips by you. Keep an eye on the very back of the ship. 

1 minute ago, The Good Doctor said:

He told me that was in there but I still haven’t spotted it. XD 

Look directly down at your feet, facing the front of the ship at the start. ;)

2 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

How did you miss the whale? It takes up the whole screen! :rofl: Was it because it’s so big that you thought it was the horizon?

Because I looked everywhere at the start, then kept my eyes front facing. I was going to watch behind the second viewing. I was on phone first viewing so it was hard to scroll around too.

3 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

There is a surprisingly easy to miss NSFW detail that I kinda wish I hadn’t noticed, because now it can’t be unnoticed.

Easy to miss my ass, the godi wasn't subtle at all. Did you watch on a phone? Because on my pc, facing forward that fucker was taking up the whole ass right screen.

5 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

It’s a real "blink and you miss it" thing. Like, you could literally be staring in the right direction and it happens so quickly that it still skips by you. Keep an eye on the very back of the ship. 

Lightning reflexes on that man, down one cowardly thrall. XD

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

I heard their chief say his name was Yngol

I think he said "Pit-Bull", like in the original song. Sometimes it’s hard to follow because their voices (especially the shaman’s) are so rough, but if you read the lyrics alongside it, it all matches pretty much 1:1. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

Easy to miss my ass, the godi wasn't subtle at all.

Not that. It’s related, though. 

NSFW

The shaman’s prick is hanging out the entire song. It’s just an undetailed white line so no trouble with TOS. XD 

But the disturbing part is that the guy is getting erect when they’re draining the slave’s blood. Probably why he goes to town on his girl immediately after. 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Not that. It’s related, though. 

NSFW

Hide contents

The shaman’s prick is hanging out the entire song. It’s just an undetailed white line so no trouble with TOS. XD 

But the disturbing part is that the guy is getting erect when they’re draining the slave’s blood. Probably why he goes to town on his girl immediately after. 

I don't look forward to the rewatch :rofl:

• Haha 1

Speaking of Pelinal, apparently Pelinal shagged dudes XD I was reading TES Lore, and apparently he went Spartan on a pretty boy Hoplite named Huna. They changed the reference to his gender because Knights of the nine had the player becoming them and didn''t want to impose on the players sexuality, but Kirk still insists Huna was a man. 

Reminds of Achilles and his cousin.