Roleplayer's Off Topic Thread #35

2 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

I vote we send you to fill this role. :rofl: 

I would gladly fill this role. Probably get fired immediately tho for telling dudes that they could hide their own Easter eggs or telling them that I’m staring at a scientific anomaly then they ask me why and I tell them that thought humans needed atleast one brain cell to function yet here they are

Fuck:dntknw:

4 minutes ago, Centurion said:

Todd: let’s make Fallout 4 relay on radiant quests! And also have zero interesting side quests that don’t have anything to do with the main plot, but also let’s make the main plot suck!

Consumer-Advisor: *attacks Todd with a wire coat hanger*

Todd: What are you doing???

Consumer-Advisor: FINISHING WHAT YOUR FUCKING MOTHER STARTED

So it doesn’t get lost

1 minute ago, The Good Doctor said:

"Dragons are a pretty good theme."

"Emil… I’m now 100% certain that you don’t even know what that word means."

"Fallout 4 is about family."

"Damnit, Emil."

Too nice. You gotta let them know that you would’ve enrolled them in the S.P.EC.I.A.L classes if they were your kid

They hire me to “advise” on one game from start to finish and I guarantee it would be the best game they ever produced lmao. The developers would probably have self-esteem issues by the end of it, but when they see the ratings and the sales numbers afterwards they’d get over it

3 minutes ago, Centurion said:

Considering they have now done everything in their power to pull a full 180° on what they released

One thing I’ll throw a little a little credit to Bethesda on, they DO at least admit some things they get wrong and walk them back. Voiced protagonists and the dialogue wheel are done for, NPCs came to 76, character-building RPG elements are seemingly returning with Star Field.

They don’t double down as hard on their bad decisions as some companies do. 

Just now, The Good Doctor said:

Except radiant quests for some bizarre reason. They REALLY want to make those happen. 

You know what the most retarded part is? THEY KNOW RADIANT QUESTS AREN'T GOOD QUESTS. Todd and Pete said in an interview "We figured out Radiant Quests weren't that interesting" before Skyrim was released. Yet what do they do? Make HALF of Fallout 4's all radiant driven. 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Centurion said:

Nashville

Going back to this, I think it would be an awesome spinoff, but I would be a little disappointed to get a mainline game that doesn’t continue or progress any storylines at all. I would rather see the east/west stories slowly expand in new directions so we can witness the consequences of our actions in prior games and see how the world we’re familiar with evolves.

But I can’t blame anyone for wanting to just jump away from the east coast mess rather than hoping for them to build on or repair it. 

2 hours ago, The Good Doctor said:

Except radiant quests for some bizarre reason. They REALLY want to make those happen. 

Some people actually like repeating, grindy quests and complain that CDPR didn't put in more of that sort of thing in CP2077. They say it makes the world more alive and extends gameplay.

11 minutes ago, Celan said:

Some people actually like repeating, grindy quests and complain that CDPR didn't put in more of that sort of thing in CP2077. They say it makes the world more alive and extends gameplay.

I guess I don’t mind the presence of repeatable stuff. I liked the arena in Oblivion and gambling in New Vegas. And in theory, I like the idea of having repeatable "jobs" to get extra money or XP on the side.

My issue is when radiant stuff gets put into actual storylines and ends up reducing the amount of hand-crafted content we get. Which, annoyingly, happens all the damn time. I’d rather not have it at all than have it take developer precedence over any legitimate quests.

• Like 1

Just now, BigBossBalrog said:

Radiant AI is the thing they should have developed more. It's really cool for every NPC to have a unique schedule and life, really makes the towns seem alot more alive then they actually are. 

Oblivion did this better than any other Bethesda game. They dialed down their ambitions for it pretty significantly with Skyrim onward.

Come to think of it, this might be the one thing Oblivion does best. :rofl: 

Oblivion did this better than any other Bethesda game. They dialed down their ambitions for it pretty significantly with Skyrim onward.

Come to think of it, this might be the one thing Oblivion does best. :rofl: 

Skyrim replaced the "DO YOU KNOW OF THE HIGH ELVES?" with unique interactions. I wish it had the standard conversations AND the unique ones. 

10 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Skyrim replaced the "DO YOU KNOW OF THE HIGH ELVES?" with unique interactions. I wish it had the standard conversations AND the unique ones. 

Oh yeah, Oblivion’s radiant dialogue was terrible. XD I was more referring to NPC scheduling. It was more complicated than any game that came after. You had characters who traveled between cities to visit family, characters who went to gamble at the arena on certain days of the week, meal, work, play, and sleep schedules, church on Sundays, Thieves Guild members would actually go around stealing things, mage students would attend classes, go the the library, practice spells, etc. 

Skyrim NPCs are a little more static and predictable. Fallout 3 and 4 even more so.

Oh yeah, Oblivion’s radiant dialogue was terrible. XD I was more referring to NPC scheduling. It was more complicated than any game that came after. You had characters who traveled between cities to visit family, characters who went to gamble at the arena on certain days of the week, meal, work, play, and sleep schedules, church on Sundays, Thieves Guild members would actually go around stealing things, mage students would attend classes, go the the library, practice spells, etc. 

Skyrim NPCs are a little more static and predictable. Fallout 3 and 4 even more so.

Which was awesome XD It even played into some of the quests; like the one wee yo had to find out that Merchant's (who was buying from a gave robber's) schedule and find out where his black market contact was meeting, Or how you could poison NPC's with the apples but reverse pick pocketing to them A very immersive feature to be honest

44 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Which was awesome XD It even played into some of the quests; like the one wee yo had to find out that Merchant's (who was buying from a gave robber's) schedule and find out where his black market contact was meeting, Or how you could poison NPC's with the apples but reverse pick pocketing to them A very immersive feature to be honest

A few (not many, sadly) would change clothes depending on whether they were in/around their house or out and about for work.