Roleplayer's Off Topic Thread #32

Fallout Show  

6 members have voted

1. 1. Where do you hope the new Fallout tv show is set?

• The West (NCR, Vegas, etc)
    • The Midwest (Legion lands, Rogue BoS, etc.)
    • The East (Maxson's BoS, the Pitt, etc.)
    • Somewhere completely new

1 minute ago, The Good Doctor said:

I'm the same in reverse. Even got the same names. XD On dad's side, I've got an unbroken  family tree from myself back to John Crysler of the early 1700s, who came to Canada before the U.S. became a thing. Got a town and farm named after him and everything, which I plan on reclaiming when the boogaloo happens. Since its my ancestral right and whatnot.

On mom's side, though? Not a thing. She was adopted at a very young age with no records and so it literally ends with her. XD 

We kicked your asses back twice, we'll do it again, eh? 

2 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

I'm the same in reverse. Even got the same names. XD On dad's side, I've got an unbroken  family tree from myself back to John Crysler of the early 1700s, who came to Canada before the U.S. became a thing. Got a town and farm named after him and everything, which I plan on reclaiming when the boogaloo happens. Since its my ancestral right and whatnot.

On mom's side, though? Not a thing. She was adopted at a very young age with no records and so it literally ends with her. XD 

Farthest back I can trace mine is to a bastard French (lesser) noblewoman who came to America either in the late 1600's or 1700's

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BigBossBalrog said:

We kicked your asses back twice, we'll do it again, eh? 

My family was on the winning side in that battle, remember? XD 

Besides, you've got nothing to worry about from me. I only want all the land with my family's name on it, which I will lord over fairly while treating my Canadian neighbors as almost equals. Just a humble goat farmer with a castle. You Rontons won't even notice I'm around.

• Haha 2

Just now, The Good Doctor said:

My family was on the winning side in that battle, remember? XD 

Besides, you've got nothing to worry about from me. I only want all the land with my family's name on it, which I will lord over fairly while treating my Canadian neighbors as almost equals. Just a humble goat farmer with a castle. You Rontons won't even notice I'm around.

How can I forget the betrayal XD

You should send an offiical letter of petition to the Canadian goverment, you can own property in Canada without being citizen XD

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

You should send an offiical letter of petition to the Canadian goverment, you can own property in Canada without being citizen XD

Thanks for the idea! Not even kidding, I'm going to do this. Gonna hand write it and everything. Might even look into getting one of those cool wax stamps just to make it look more official. Maybe that'll keep them from ignoring it.

I really hope I get back a formal letter from some Canadian bureaucrat apologizing and saying I can't have the land. That would be so funny I might even frame it. :rofl: 

5 minutes ago, Centurion said:

Im exhausted so my brain power is like 2% right now so whatcha mean by this?

Earliest ancestors I can name are all Johns, same as yours (almost). Though it's not as big of a coincidence when you realize that I've got like four Johns in a row in that period. XD 

• Haha 1

Thanks for the idea! Not even kidding, I'm going to do this. Gonna hand write it and everything. Might even get one of those cool wax stamps just to make it look more official.

I really hope I get back a formal letter from some Canadian bureaucrat apologizing and saying I can't have the land. That would be so funny I might even frame it. :rofl: 

Earliest ancestors I can name are all Johns, same as yours. Though it's not as big of a coincidence when you realize that I've got like four Johns in a row in that period. XD 

Please post if if you get a reply back XD

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Thanks for the idea! Not even kidding, I'm going to do this. Gonna hand write it and everything. Might even get one of those cool wax stamps just to make it look more official.

Earliest ancestors I can name are all Johns, same as yours. Though it's not as big of a coincidence when you realize that I've got like four Johns in a row in that period. XD 

Oh yeah lmao there’s like 10 Matthew’s and 8 johns in my line. They weren’t very original

also, I need to see this process for the land :rofl:

Edited by Centurion

Fuck:dntknw:

Just now, Centurion said:

Oh yeah lmao there’s like 10 Matthew’s and 8 johns in my line. They weren’t very original

We've got lots of Johns and Williams. I can't give them too much flak for it because I'll probably be naming my first son William too. 

Second son, though? Wolfgang. :rock:

1 hour ago, Centurion said:

my earliest known ancestor and apparently some dude in my line was gifted lands from Duke William of Normandy himself after the Battle of Hastings in 1066.

You know, you’re probably due for a little ancestral homeland reclaiming yourself. And like my own situation, the badasses who used to live on your land have turned into a bunch of French pansies. Shouldn’t be too hard. 

You know, you’re probably due for a little ancestral homeland reclaiming yourself. And like my own situation, the badasses who used to live on your land have turned into a bunch of French pansies. Shouldn’t be too hard. 

Most of Canada is anglo-nised, just like the States in many parts XD 

3 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Taking the boog to shropshire, UK!

• Haha 1

Fuck:dntknw:

26 minutes ago, Centurion said:

Just patiently waiting for the Bethesda showcase on Sunday…..

I would be if TES VI was nearby, but I have a feeling it’s just gonna be Starfield.

Or, by some miracle, they decide to make a single player prequel for the Pitt in Fallout 76. That would be the thing that gets me to finally give the game a go. But I doubt that happens. 

One of the few times we got a reference to Canada XD

I really liked it too; I hear mixed things from the gameplay perspective, but I thought it was a prelude to dead Money, an almost survival horror experience in the Fallout universe, getting rid of your items and making you deal with the Troggs with the power-saw was a very unique shift. And everything from a story/world building perspective, from the unique slaver culture of the Pitt's civilization, the Troggs, to the main conflict are well done, Ashur was one of Bethesda's best villain's, kinda reminded me of a Fallout Dagoth Ur XD

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

One of the few times we got a reference to Canada XD

I really liked it too; I hear mixed things from the gameplay perspective, but I thought it was a prelude to dead Money, an almost survival horror experience in the Fallout universe, getting rid of your items and making you deal with the Troggs with the power-saw was a very unique shift. And everything from a story/world building perspective, from the unique slaver culture of the Pitt's civilization, the Troggs, to the main conflict are well done, Ashur was one of Bethesda's best villain's, kinda reminded me of a Fallout Dagoth Ur XD

The most common complaint I hear is that it was too short, which I agree with. The location deserved its own game or a full expansion. But the writing, atmosphere, and general uniqueness were all excellent. Plus, it had some of the best level design Bethesda has ever pulled off, with actual verticality (something they’d never really gotten right before then) and a nice mix of open wold freedom and well-scripted encounters that felt organic and not railroaded.

From a story/gameplay perspective, I think my biggest negative is that if you try to go there on your own without posing as a slave, you get forcibly knocked out by a couple dudes wielding batons, which is just silly if you’ve already beaten the freaking Enclave. XD Should’ve done like Dead Money and his us with some unavoidable gas or something. But other than that, I loved it. 

Dark Souls Lords

"Proud Warrior race of lightning wielding God's, who are Greco-Roman inspired, with a touch of Norse influence. Known as badasses who crush Dragons and Dark worshippers beneath their feet. Manly as fuck*

Elden Rings Lords

"A bunch of inbred nightmarish freakshows that look straight out of the nightmares of some Celtic sheep herder. Dozens of arms, frail and hideous .

Gywn was right.