Roleplayer's Off Topic Thread #32

Fallout Show  

6 members have voted

1. 1. Where do you hope the new Fallout tv show is set?

• The West (NCR, Vegas, etc)
    • The Midwest (Legion lands, Rogue BoS, etc.)
    • The East (Maxson's BoS, the Pitt, etc.)
    • Somewhere completely new

Just now, TheCzarsHussar said:

I don't know how much I'd like it if I re-read the trilogy, I kinda want to live on the wave of nostalgia XD

I did re-read Contact Harvest in 2019 and it still holds strong.

That reminds me, back when I was in 6th or 7th grade I had to ask permission from my teacher(s?) to read Cole Protocol at school because it had a gun on the cover. They were cool with it though, I don't think it would fly today lol

Cole Protocol was the one on that space station with Keyes? That one was cool too. 

I mean it doesn't even fit as well into the narrative.

"Awww poor humans, we did them wrong, we should elect to make their genetic decedents that we also created from the DNA of ancient humans our successors. Successors to what you ask? Well since they aren't us, how about a fucking galactic mantle her durr."

1 minute ago, BigBossBalrog said:

That wasn't a retcon. It was intended to be the case, but Bungie never confirmed it besides in cut content, and there was enough evidence to go with both possibilities. 343 just choose to make them humanity's sister-race. 

The Forerunner Trilogy made humanity to be super badass, and the Flood was at it's most terrifying, so I liked it.  

The only thing I like about that lore is how humanity was far stronger than the Forerunners and had been all but destroyed by the flood before even coming into contact with the Forerunners.

Then the Forerunners do worse than humanity against the Flood. XD

Just now, TheCzarsHussar said:

I mean it doesn't even fit as well into the narrative.

"Awww poor humans, we did them wrong, we should elect to make their genetic decedents that we also created from the DNA of ancient humans our successors. Successors to what you ask? Well since they aren't us, how about a fucking galactic mantle her durr."

The only thing I like about that lore is how humanity was far stronger than the Forerunners and had been all but destroyed by the flood before even coming into contact with the Forerunners.

Then the Forerunners do worse than humanity against the Flood. XD

And the fact the Forerunners had a huge bitch fit because there younger siblings were chosen over them XD 

I adore fantasy where humanity is either the eldest/dominant power in the galaxy or only sentient race in their native galaxy.

Like Dune and Foundation series.

With Asimov, mankind is the eldest race and in The End of Eternity (a hugely spanning prequal to the Empire/Spacer and Foundation novels) because of machinations of Eternals (human time travelers bent on keeping man from expanding into the stars so to keep better control over them) by the time earth was dying and they could no longer control man, the galaxy had been fully colonized and inhabited.

None as old as humanity but none willing to share. Really great book, my favorite involving time travel in fact.

9 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

That wasn't a retcon.

I’ve heard the arguments and I don’t buy it. They were clearly implied to be the same. Spark straight up calls Chief Forerunner. The "mantle of responsibility" crap didn’t exist before 4. 

• Like 1

It's always nice when your writing gets reinforced by the canon after you come up with it.

10 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Cole Protocol was the one on that space station with Keyes? That one was cool too. 

I really liked that one. The main characters were Keyes, an Insurrectionist smuggler, three Spartans, and motherfuckin Thel 'Vadam. 

It's always nice when your writing gets reinforced by the canon after you come up with it.

3 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

I’ve heard the arguments and I don’t buy it. They were clearly implied to be the same. Spark straight up calls Chief Forerunner. The "mantle of responsibility" crap didn’t exist before 4. 

It makes much more sense that way too. To allow their descendants to RECLAIM what has been lost from the firing of the Halo array.

It'd be like of all of Rome chose fucking Persia to rebuild and reclaim their lost splendor from barbarian invasions.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

I really liked that one. The main characters were Keyes, an Insurrectionist smuggler, three Spartans, and motherfuckin Thel 'Vadam. 

The plot was good too. A faction of Kig-Yar was selling covie weapons to insurrectionists with secret tracers in them to help locate human worlds.

It would have been obviously hugely controversial within the Covenant so Truth was the only one to know about the whole ordeal, ironically machinations within the Covenant caused the whole plan to fall apart when Thel ass whooped the entire operation for believing them heretics.

1 minute ago, The Good Doctor said:

If any of y’all ever want a good game to just mess around in mindlessly, like while you’re talking or listening to something, the new Crash Bandicoot is actually really fun. 

I have the most vague memories of even playing a Crash Bandicoot game, something to do with being trapped in a ball rolling down a gauntlet avoiding things.

It was at a distant family members house and I was very young.

:rofl: So the main modder for frontier has abandoned the mod, the community discord has been deleted, multiple voice actors and kidders have asked for their content and resources to be removed. So even if a skeletonized re-release was being planned they wouldn’t be able to do it cause so much would be missing.

Also a lot of people, and I agree with them, believe that it wasn’t just one dude that was a pedo but in fact either a few of them, or the team just didn’t care until it came out. Because there’s simply no one you work on something for 7 years and don’t notice red flags

Edited by Centurion
  • Haha 1

Fuck:dntknw:

9 hours ago, Centurion said:

:rofl: So the main modder for frontier has abandoned the mod, the community discord has been deleted, multiple voice actors and kidders have asked for their content and resources to be removed. So even if a skeletonized re-release was being planned they wouldn’t be able to do it cause so much would be missing.

Also a lot of people, and I agree with them, believe that it wasn’t just one dude that was a pedo but in fact either a few of them, or the team just didn’t care until it came out. Because there’s simply no one you work on something for 7 years and don’t notice red flags

Even the core of the mod is shit.

It's a shame because I love the idea of the NCR and Legion fighting in other theaters than just Hoover Dam. There is a great concentration of Legion manpower for the dam, but it's not the entire legion. And I do love a fridged cold theme for Fallout, lot of cool stuff you can do in that environment.

@The Good Doctor @Witchking of Angmar @BigBossBalrog You know I was watching a video on Fallout 1 and it reminded me how intimidating the Brotherhood of Steel was back then. The player has found nothing of the sort as the BoS up until you stumble on their bunker and god fucking save you if you stir their ire. They feel like a gritty militaristic order more than techno-templars they became in 3 onwards.

Y'all did a really good job establishing the Fallout's rp with a mixture of that and Tactics. 

• Thanks 1