What's the best build?   

5 members have voted

1. 1. What's the best build?

• Strength
    • Faith
    • Intelligence
    • Dex

6 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

If y'all had to have a Dark Souls ost for your character as a boss fight, what'd they be?

All the OSTs that I'm familiar with from DS 1 and 3 are too epic or terrible for any of my current characters, to be honest. Though Nameless Song from feels right to me for a character who I'm introducing in chapter 4. And The Pursuer from DS2 fits Fenrald.

• Like 3

Just now, The Good Doctor said:

All the OSTs that I'm familiar with from DS 1 and 3 are too epic or terrible for any of my current characters, to be honest. Though Nameless Song from feels right to me for a character who I'm introducing in chapter 4. And The Pursuer from DS2 fits Fenrald.

Mila deserves the most horrifying OST that FROM can cook up XD

• Haha 2

Here is a translation a guy and I worked on in gamefaqs for this. 

Maledictus Donum libas Inficimur Maledictus bestia Maledictus Pater do si donas. Inficimur Argentum aquae in tenebris. Mater sanguine Redemptio risa se Exciet exciet. Flebatur a salis. Vale, vale,  Inficimur In tenebris aquae. Maledictus Et argentum aquae. Inficimur Et argentum aquae. Sanguine! Sanguine!

(Cursed) You pour out your gift. We are tainted.  (Cursed by the beast) (Cursed) O Father I surrender, if you grant it. We are tainted. Silver in the shadows of the water.  O Mother from the blood, Redemption, having been laughed at, rouses itself, rouses itself. It is lamented by the waters(?) .  Farewell, farewell. We are tainted In the shadows of the water. (Cursed) And the silver of the water. We are tainted. And the silver of the water. From the blood. From the blood.

• Thanks 1

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee

4 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Reveal hidden contents

Here is a translation a guy and I worked on in gamefaqs for this. 

Maledictus Donum libas Inficimur Maledictus bestia Maledictus Pater do si donas. Inficimur Argentum aquae in tenebris. Mater sanguine Redemptio risa se Exciet exciet. Flebatur a salis. Vale, vale,  Inficimur In tenebris aquae. Maledictus Et argentum aquae. Inficimur Et argentum aquae. Sanguine! Sanguine!

(Cursed) You pour out your gift. We are tainted.  (Cursed by the beast) (Cursed) O Father I surrender, if you grant it. We are tainted. Silver in the shadows of the water.  O Mother from the blood, Redemption, having been laughed at, rouses itself, rouses itself. It is lamented by the waters(?) .  Farewell, farewell. We are tainted In the shadows of the water. (Cursed) And the silver of the water. We are tainted. And the silver of the water. From the blood. From the blood.

Speaks to FROM's writing/translation skills they were able to come up with a song that had such deep undertones and meanings to the lore and world of the game in another language then Japanese XD

No idea what the silver in the shadows of the water is per say, but two things come to mind. Fish scales, and the moonlight reflecting on the water surface.

Which would make sense with the mother from the blood. But it could also mean Kos, and I think that's intentionally referencing them both at the same time.

I doubt there's honestly a correlation with these two but in case there is, there is something to be said for the effects of the moon upon the sea. And I notice both Kos and Flora have tentacle hair. Kos is dead, Flora literally looks undead.

There were theories that the Mensis ritual was actually meant to contact Kos, and instead it reached Flora. We hear that with "Kos, sometimes Kosm" himself XD He is the center of it all and yet no one ever mentions Flora really, even if she's depicted in Yahar'gul. 

What if Kos came back as Flora? Or something. She does look "undead" and it would make sense with their whole "great ones exist in multiple plains"

and why Flora seems less known than the others, at least her, herself. 

Cant think of a connection with the torn retina in the orphans nightmare but there's somethin. Maybe.

If it is her tho and they were being given her blood largely, it'd also explain Flora's connection to the scourge and her affinity over it.

The way her whole ribcage is exposed also reminds me of something having ripped out of her belly. But that's a stretch, and so is most of this XD 

6 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Gives me the impression of Latin chants you occasionally hear in Catholic Church. Just made ten times more creepy XD

"O Father  I surrender, if you grant it" I don't know what father there talking about though. Maybe Odeon? 

Possibly but maybe Oedon as what he represents, rather than Oedon himself. You know, "God". 

And if this is true, "the one reborn" would make sense too because it'd be the orphan of kos twisted and possessing the mass of bodies. That "birth", the mensis ritual reenacts the murder of the orphan of kos in the womb. A dead baby's birth from its dead mother, bloody and deformed.

Here's Balrog's RP character Souls Themes and their boss titles (Royalty is almost always referred  to by their first names in Souls for some reason) 

Brund the Demon Chieftain (His boss theme when Baldur fought him too)

High Lord Baldur, the Ash King 

Boldir, Aegis of the King (The OST is far more subdued in terms of epicness, and has an undertone of pure menace) 

Demoness Mila, Devourer of the Stars 

Karsh the Demon Raven 

Lord Krojun, Mage-King of the Frozen North  

King Theodore 

General Gracchus, Imperial Commander of Legions 

Empress Dales, Lady of the Ruby Throne, 

Lorgar Grim-Maw, the Blood Wolf,

Theudofrid, Druid of the Wilds 

Queen Rebec, Mistress of the Waves 

Boldir, Baldur, Rebec are a multi staged gank fight were you have to fight all three of them at different points, till the final stage, were you fight all three at the same time. Rebec hangs back, and uses her crossbow. Boldir is the tank (Aegis), And Baldur is a balance, uses ranged based fire attacks and strikes with his axe. High class version of the Gank Squad with more mechanics.  Late Game fight.

Witchie magic based, with intense swordplay, Can summon Karsh in midway through the fight. Hard Bonus Boss. 

Mila....I don't know how to fight Mila. Orphas of Kos. Bonus DLC boss. 

Lorgar is three phases. One uses sword and his longbow, fights like a warrior. Two he becomes more bestial, like Gael, uses only sword and fangs. Third is his beast mode. Gael/Artorias/Gascoine like. DLC Fight.

Theodore strikes me as a gimmick fight. You fight through a group of his elite knights to reach him (compare him to Maiden Astrea), and has his own limited moveset based on his Greatsword. Later Midgame. 

Theou is a purely magic based fight, just like crystal dicks. He just gets progressively stronger spells the more you drop him down. Early Game. 

Dales is a magic/melee type, uses her ice magic at a distance, before going in for strikes with her spears. Halfway, Gracchus comes in and you have to deal with an interplay of ice and fire magic from the both. Father Ariendel/Sister Freide like. Late Game. 

Brund would be a crazy bonus boss. Attacks based on crushing things with his hammer, and using his black magic.  Similar to Smough's transformed form, but with alot crazier AOE stuff, and battle transforming abilities. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, The Good Doctor said:

Theodore fights with a greatsword, not a hammer. But otherwise, great choices and descriptions. :D 

My mistake XD

From does so many amazing fights, I thought it would be pretty easy to fit our characters into their archetypes.

Rebec surprises you though by dropping her crossbow and going berserk with axes when the player gets too close or Baldur falls.

Baldur and Rebec can parry and guard break by throwing an axe, Boldir is unparryable and you can't break his guard.

Baldur is the fastest.

Edited by ColonelKillaBee

Shit you know what, I dont think those three can be in one fight XD Rebec has Unrelenting Force AND whirlwind sprint.

That fight would be impossible.

Pre thu'um, it'd work, you'd just have to take away baldur's fire powers and make him a parrying guard breaking dick like the Crow of Cainhurst.

1 minute ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Shit you know what, I dont think those three can be in one fight XD Rebec has Unrelenting Force AND whirlwind sprint.

That fight would be impossible.

Pre thu'um, it'd work, you'd just have to take away baldur's fire powers and make him a parrying guard breaking dick like the Crow of Cainhurst.

Or you could do something like this. You fight Baldur and Boldir in the first phase. Whichever one you killed first gets rezzed by Rebec using some Kyne magic shit, and you have to fight an augmented Baldur or Boldir with Rebec. So you don't fight all three.