Soulsborne (And Sekiro and Shiet) Thread #5

What's the best build?   

5 members have voted

1. 1. What's the best build?

• Strength
    • Faith
    • Intelligence
    • Dex

Moving on, something I would like to know is how "builds" work and what is a generally safe way to level up and such.

I'll probably focus on melee at first and just regularly switch up what tools I'm using for bosses to see what works and what doesn't.

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee

Just now, ColonelKillaBee said:

Moving on, something I would like to know is how "builds" work and what is a generally safe way to level up and such.

I'll probably focus on melee at first and just regularly switch up what tools I'm using for bosses to see what works and what doesn't.

It works alot differently then the other games but they explain it through tutorials really well.

You level up attack and your stats by beating bosses and mini bosses. Seperate resource.

There's a bunch of skill trees that effect everything (like sword combat, stealth, prothstetics etc) You can learn special moves and weapon arts. You use skill points for that.

You can upgrade tools for new moves and abilities after beating a certain boss.  Each dramatically change the tool and gives new uses. Seperate resource (crating materials and money)

Each boss is weak against certain tools (which you can learn by eavesdropping on enemies or hints from item descriptions.) 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

There arent any builds in this game. You level up stats through killing bosses/sub-bosses and unlock new abilities through spending skill points.

You have prosthetic tools but those can only be used a limited number of times, think guns and magic from Bloodborne.

Dont die fully or you lose half the xp for leveling.

• Thanks 1

So is there a death timer or something? Like do your "lives" recharge before #Realdeath and I bleed my own blood or do those not come back till after I bleed my own blood in #Reeldeth??

Its through something called

Deathblows.

By finishing an enemy off after breaking their posture or depleting all the health. On bosses its by getting through a phase.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

There arent any builds in this game. You level up stats through killing bosses/sub-bosses and unlock new abilities through spending skill points.

You have prosthetic tools but those can only be used a limited number of times, think guns and magic from Bloodborne.

Dont die fully or you lose half the xp for leveling.

Not quite true. If you already have a skill point from your exp you don't lose that only the exp that was building up to your next skill point.

1 minute ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

So is there a death timer or something? Like do your "lives" recharge before #Realdeath and I bleed my own blood or do those not come back till after I bleed my own blood in #Reeldeth??

You regain the res charge by killing shit. 

You get items later on that increase the amount of times you can res.

So if I bleed my own blood, I really suck balls.

There is a clever way to circumvent this system.

If you use one of two special items to kill yourself and still have resurrections, you can instantly resurrect again.

Because even if you have a max of three resurrections, if you die and come back the others are locked until you get a deathblow. By killing yourself you instantly unlock it.

Thus if you know death is coming, kys with this item and you arent as heavily penalized