Soulsborne (And Sekiro and shiet) Thread #3

Lol well as long as Nicky was there XD 

Anyway I'm fully ok with admitting that thing whooped my ass up and down, hell a few times it one hit KO'd me as soon as I ran through the gate with a giant leap instead of charging up its lightning. That thing is quick as fuck and erratic. I've seen higher level characters almost die because they got caught in his combo chain.

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee

1 minute ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Lol well as long as Nicky was there XD 

Anyway I'm fully ok with admitting that thing whooped my ass up and down, hell a few times it one hit KO'd me as soon as I ran through the gate with a giant leap instead of charging up its lightning. That thing is quick as fuck and erratic. I've seen higher level characters almost die because they got caught in his combo chain.

God I hate being on the receiving end of counter damage in that game, bosses and later game enemies will almost always one shot you if it happens. But you can do the same to them, with much less damage.

Paarl's attacks were so hard for me to dodge first playthrough, hell even the second playthrough gave me trouble.

3 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

I can't wait for you to fight Ebrietas, literally Bloodborne's bed of chaos. She is the only true luck based boss, and only because of that charge attack.

What a load of fucking horseshit. I'm sorry for sounding like a dick,  but that's an extremley shitty opinion, comparing her to Bed of Chaos. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

What a load of fucking horseshit. I'm sorry for sounding like a dick,  but that's an extremley shitty opinion, comparing her to Bed of Chaos. 

I'm comparing her because of that terribly balanced charge attack, she is the one boss that just isn't balanced no matter how you look at it. Testing it out I looked at twenty fucking videos on her and not one had a way to dodge her charge attack reliably.

Plus it's absolutely an RNG luck boss because of what she did to me when I was about to beat her. Three nigh undodgeable charge attacks in a row right after each other.

15 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Or it just means to get gud. 

Nah dude I beat her ass twice before, beat Ludwig and fucking Bloody Crow both first tries on my new guy. Maybe, just maybe learn to accept there is one poorly designed attack in an otherwise spectacular game.

Edit: Note I said attack, not boss. Nothing else is wrong with her, it's literally just that one attack that ruins her.

Edited by TheCzarsHussar

You beat bloody crow first try on your new guy because you figured out how to beat him, same as all the other bosses ;) Bloody Crow thus far was the most unfair feeling thing I've fought but even he has weaknesses you just gotta uncover. I'm sure it'll be the same with the daughter of Cosmos too. If it ain't I'll eat my words.

• Like 1

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee

1 minute ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

You beat bloody crow first try on your new guy because you figured out how to beat him, same as all the other bosses ;) Bloody Crow thus far was the most unfair feeling thing I've fought but even he has weaknesses you just gotta uncover. I'm sure it'll be the same with the daughter of Cosmos too. If it ain't I'll eat my words.

I only made that part of my reply because Balrog said I needed to git gud, had to remind him my previous two wins against her and the other shit I did thus far. The one I'm having trouble with is the chalice dungeon one, which I beat before.

I just don't want to go through that shit again, since I already beat her.

Just now, ColonelKillaBee said:

On another note I found kinblood on a dead corpse on a rooftop at the castle... a few things about this place are very interesting. Ghosts first of all, with bloodmagic, and vampires... Very fitting for a game like this.

Forsaken Castle Cainhurst has a frustrating boss, but he's one of my favorites in the game. My one and only advice for you is to shoot the sword.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Is there no shortcut to this area for this bossfight? Havent started but getting here was so roundabout lol I wondered if I was even supposed to be going that way.

If you're at the boss area then you've already unlocked the shortcut, you did activate the elevator too right?