Soulsborne (And Sekiro and shiet) Thread #3

17 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

I read that its possible the mensis ritual was successful actually, and that what they were trying to do was combine the bodies of the sacrifices, the people of Yahar'gul into a god. Based off of an anime where this very thing happens possibly, and there was a picture of eyes in the sky that matches this:

Basically something like Aldritch the Devourer of Gods swept through the city and consumed everything, and this is what remained. Explains shit like this:

And all the shit we see here. Those things in the carts, remains of the whole, or perhaps tests to make the greater thing.

Or, it was all simply a failure that was close to what they intended but not exactly what they expected. The statues revering these things makes me think otherwise though.

The manga in question is Beserk, which is Miyisaki's primary influence. He pays homage to it quite a bit

18451aff32294ac1f5c1ad459f59c4b287b054b0

cc10cdb583018f5671d734af33753ad4a95235d9

11-dDrs1tF.jpg

It's usually just some visual flair though. The situation that Colonel's describing (for the conviction arc) is quite different, but yeah I think it's a reference. 

You guys should give it a try, it's usually the number one recommendation for an manga for people who don't like manga XD

You could still go with your theory, this could’ve been a failure and this was the result,  The  intention being to summon the child of Kos. Which is who I assume you’re talking about. And her orphan in the DLC.

I read a little bit. Not enough to know what that thing is exactly, but I know it’s image is on my helmet and relates to Cainhurst somehow

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee

3 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

This was at reading manga btw. Not me being dismissive of you, Colonel. 

I know, LOL, I saw that you posted that pretty much at the same time I posted my response. I appreciate the clarification though, in case someone else (Balrog) overlooks this and sees sass lol

XD anyway,  I love this. Whether this was intentional, or not, something was born. And evidently it has to do with the moon. I wonder, if the reborn thing is related to the people themselves they were made into this thing, or something else born from  combining with their corpses. Basically a vessel. Like, Wyehwood beckoning the moon create such a thing? And the fact that they used babies to entice some thing makes me wonder if the moon presence, or  something else  tried bringing back their dead offspring

Regardless, I hope the eyes in the sky is real and not coincidental. Because it would show they actually did create something more than just a freak of nature. Even if it’s not truly a great one, it might actually be close. Those eyes would suggest it because these things exist in more than one plane of existence.

Anyway, I hope the DLC will reveal more about this. Honestly, as much as I like a challenge in game I really just want to hurry up and get to the lore, LOL. Hope it’s not too bad.

This gives a lot of insight into what they were going for with Aldrich as well.

8 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

This is what I think, personally. 

Now it just begs the question of what? I’ve been waiting for something related to Oedon the formless one to come up. Maybe that or the spirit of a dead baby great one. This thing is rather embriotic. 

4 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

I meant difficulty wise XD 

It’s got the hardest mobs and bosses in the game, easily.

2 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Now it just begs the question of what? I’ve been waiting for something related to Oedon the formless one to come up. Maybe that or the spirit of a dead baby great one. This thing is rather embriotic. 

Don’t worry, Oedon is a huge part of it all. ;) 

1 minute ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

So what you’re saying is don’t feel ashamed to use summons... because I just might reading what some people are saying online lol but only as a last resort.

If you use summons me and Doctor will never live it down, and not only will you be known as the guy who lost to the Crystal Dicks, but also the person who used summons XD