Soulsborne (And Sekiro and shiet) Thread #3

Title comes from a comment I saw someone leave lol. I honestly almost killed this thing my first try, but I had more bolt and stuff. I could've went and got more but that required getting more echoes and I didn't feel like it lol so I just went back and did him in. Though really I was just trying to study his mechanics. If I couldn't do it after this run right here I was gonna go back and prepare first. So this video is me winging it.

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee

Does insight make your frenzy build faster or something?

I absolutely could not fuck with my first one because it was in the middle of that poison area which slows you, and I couldn't time the shot right for parry. Also couldn't sprint worth shit so no zerg rush. Ended up just running past, grabbing the item and dying.

Second one I just killed in time and tanked the frenzy damage.

But man that whole area is so fucking cool. I take it it's in a different world, because you can clearly perceive the boss there which means its either far enough away that Rom the Spider wasn't able to hide it from sight, or the main Amygdala is simply too powerful for that.

And when I opened the door in the lecture hall, it was like I was sucked into a portal. 

The Lecture Hall to my knowledge is part of the nightmare. As for the insight yes and no, the more insight you have the less resistance to frenzy you get. The more insight=shorter bar, less insight and high resistance=much longer bar. They fill up with the same speed but with 99 insight you look at that ass for a second it's gonna proc.

Edited by TheCzarsHussar

4 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

And lol of course I had no idea what the fuck that thing was XD Freaked me out and grabbed me before I could do anything with that abomination.

Some things are best left forgotten...

Such a lovely singing voice.

@ColonelKillaBee Just wait until you find an area that builds up frenzy just for being in the open. Also forewarning that I didn't know until I started invading there, invaders are immune to the frenzy buildup of enemies and environment.

Edited by TheCzarsHussar

28 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Does insight make your frenzy build faster or something?

Yes. Low Insight makes them a breeze. Very high Insight makes them a nightmare.

28 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

But man that whole area is so fucking cool. I take it it's in a different world

It’s in a Nightmare. Similar to the Dream you and Gehrman are trapped in. But it’s not the same one. Bloodborne’s Dreams and Nightmares work in a similar manner to Lovecraft’s “Dream Cycle”, acting as independent universes once created. They can be ended and those trapped inside them can be freed, but not easily. These dreams are not created by humans. ;) 

All that said, the Nightmares sometimes overlap. And you know from the Workshop in the Dream that they are based on real places. If you go back to the Nightmare Frontier and look out into the fog off the map, you’ll notice the masts of ships. Remember those, and be on the lookout for something similar in the future. 

2 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

All that said, the Nightmares sometimes overlap. If you go back to the Nightmare Frontier and look out into the fog off the map, you’ll notice the masts of ships. Remember those, and be on the lookout for something similar in the future.

"Wheeeen you spend twenty bucks on the dlc."

2 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Yes. Low Insight makes them a breeze. Very high Insight makes them a nightmare.

It’s in a Nightmare. Similar to the Dream you and Gehrman are trapped in. But it’s not the same one. Bloodborne’s Dreams and Nightmares work in a similar manner to Lovecraft’s “Dream Cycle”, acting as independent (or possibly co-dependent) universes once created. They can be ended and those trapped inside them can be freed, but not easily. These dreams are not created by humans. ;) 

All that said, the Nightmares sometimes overlap (hence the co-dependent comment). And you know from the Workshop in the Dream that they are based on real places. If you go back to the Nightmare Frontier and look out into the fog off the map, you’ll notice the masts of ships. Remember those, and be on the lookout for something similar in the future. 

Not gonna lie, its confusing XD I thought the only dream was the one we go to from the lantern, but thats no longer true surely, with how the sky looks and the way the moon is behaving. 

So I thought nothing of going into "the nightmare frontier". I figured everything outside of that dream world was in the nightmare caused by I assume to be either the moon presence, or this "godhead".

Maybe that's why a portal was needed, because I'm going from "reality" to another dream?

And of course these "dreams" are being created by a godhead so these dreamworlds may as well be considered alternate dimensions. I assume this means Yharnam is basically trapped in an alternate dimension created by those that beckoned the moon presence.

Except that the blood is very real, as was the corruption that came from it.

I guess reality is overlapping with this dream world, and whatever god is creating it is also putting everyone in it in a state of undeath. 

That's also why things are undead here.

I did read about another location that was turned into a sand filled wasteland off a chalice, which sounds a loooooot like the end of Dark Souls 3, and I'm starting to wonder if that's where they got this idea. I'm also pretty certain now that this world is what the painting turned out to be. Only better by a very very small margin lol, at least this world has hope.

But that makes me think that the Nightmare Frontier is an alien world, which would explain the crazy creatures. Silver Beasts or whatever they're called look so fucking different, I wonder if they're the scourge outbreak equivalent for an alien race? 

But then, the ships in the fog would break this idea unless as you said, these nightmares are just overlapping. Dimensions within dimensions.

11 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

I thought the only dream was the one we go to from the lantern

Nope. Think of the dreams and nightmares as separate worlds, rather than as dreams like we think of them. We are “trapped” in the Hunter’s Dream, which is why we return there every time we die. Other hunters you meet have been in this position before, including Eileen and Djura.

11 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

I assume to be either the moon presence, or this "godhead".

I wouldn’t think too much about the godhead line. That’s just a word Patches used to refer to the Amygdala as his god (or the tonsil stone description, rather). The Amygdalans are not the source of any of the dreams or Nightmares we encounter, but they do seem to have a unique ability to move us between them, which is partly why I believe the Choir and school of Mensis were so interested in them.

The Dream and the Nightmares are not all created by the same entity. It will become more clear who is responsible for what once you beat the DLC and the game.

• Like 1

Just now, ColonelKillaBee said:

I did read about another location that was turned into a sand filled wasteland, which sounds a loooooot like the end of Dark Souls 3, and I'm starting to wonder if that's where they got this idea. I'm also pretty certain now that this world is what the painting turned out to be. Only better by a very very small margin lol, at least this world has hope.

But that makes me think that the Nightmare Frontier is an alien world, which would explain the crazy creatures. Silver Beasts or whatever they're called look so fucking different, I wonder if they're the scourge outbreak equivalent for an alien race? 

But then, the ships in the fog would break this idea unless as you said, these nightmares are just overlapping. Dimensions within dimensions.

Those Silverbeasts are (at least the same enemy) from Loran, said place that became a wasteland.

1 minute ago, The Good Doctor said:

Nope. Think of the dreams and nightmares as separate worlds, rather than as dreams like we think of them. We are “trapped” in the Hunter’s Dream, which is why we return there every time we die. Other hunters you meet have been in this position before, including Eileen and Djura.

I wouldn’t think too much about the godhead line. That’s just a word Patches used to refer to the Amygdala as his god. The Amygdalans are not the source of any of the dreams or Nightmares we encounter, but they do seem to have a unique ability to move us between them, which is partly why I believe the Chour and school of Mensis were so interested in them.

The Dream and the Nightmares are not all created by the same entity. It will become more clear who is responsible for what once you beat the DLC and the game.

Jesus, so much to uncover even now. So godhead is being used completely wrong here lol XD Thanks for getting rid of that idea for me, that was definitely confusing me.

What I didn't realize was that other hunters aren't all attached to this dream world by default, so that means if they die, some of them stay dead. Which would explain why they don't respawn.

Now I wanna know how the hell the dream ends for them. I do notice that my homeboy isn't around anymore.

I guess the dream and nightmares being different makes sense, clearly whoever's responsible for them, one is more malevolent than the other.

2 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

If you'd like to test out the dlc Colonel I can get you to use my home until Wednesday, you can download it and make a new character to play the dlc. It'd save you the trouble of downloading it once you actually buy it.

Na it's all good, I'll manage. I'ma get that dlc damnit, no way can I wait that long to play! I'll make it work once I get to the point doc mentioned would be best to play it. But I gotta know everything. EVERYTHING.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

What I didn't realize was that other hunters aren't all attached to this dream world by default, so that means if they die, some of them stay dead. Which would explain why they don't respawn.

Yes. Eileen makes it loud and clear at one point that she’s all out of respawns. If she dies, she’s dead. Same goes for all unique or named characters.

I think the Yhanamites, beasts, and most mobs in the game world only respawn for gameplay reasons. They aren’t trapped in the Dream like you. You can just assume there are tens of thousands of them, so they repopulate areas as the night goes on.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Now I wanna know how the hell the dream ends for them. I do notice that my homeboy isn't around anymore.

You mean Gehrman? If so, homeboy is still around. Sometimes he just moves or leaves the explorable area for a while. He’s even more stuck than you are.

4 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

I know who it is, lol. But no reddit for me anyway, gonna discover in game as best I can

Yeah, reddit sucks for Bloodborne anyway. It’s like 95% gameplay talk, 5% lore. Most of the shit I know is from hashing it out with Balrog in the PMs last year. We had lots of fun figuring shit out together. There were also some YouTube videos. XD But not until after beating it.

3 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

Shamefur Dispray. You didn't get the joke.

He hasn’t made it that far yet.