Soulsborne (And Sekiro and shiet) Thread #3

1 minute ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Good job ;) 

Oh you're wearing henryk's set? So you started Elieen's quest? 

BTW, Henryk is the little girls "grand father" she was talking about :( She was "this close" to reaching him before she got eaten by the pig.

Aww :( Thats fucked up. She should've dodged XD 

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee

3 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

Also Colonel, since you're a strong independent man who don't need no summons you can spend Insight to purchase fire paper.

Is it not good for anything else? I was saving it thinking I'd see things in the world, plus armor of course.

@BigBossBalrog I did though I only wore that outfit to help with the bolt damage, not my style but it helps immensely.

1 minute ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Is it not good for anything else? I was saving it thinking I'd see things in the world, plus armor of course.

@BigBossBalrog I did though I only wore that outfit to help with the bolt damage, not my style but it helps immensely.

You can purchase weapon upgrade material for insane amounts of insight, Blood chunks cost 20 per. That and a few outfits which I cannot name for spoilers sake.

But most are bought with soul echoes.

15 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

And you should progress to reach the cathedral at the top of the Cathedral Ward now XD

Yea yea taking my time and all that :lol: 

13 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

So Colonel, how did you like fighting Blood Starved Skinflap?

Scrub. In hindsight anyway. That poison was fucking me up lol. I had antidote and forgot to use it XD died standing around after I killed it while texting.

19 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

It is good for more. Mostly world stuff instead of utility, though. Enough insight will reveal things in the world that otherwise only appear if you progress far enough (I’d reccomend just finding it via progression on your first playthrough. It makes for a cooler reveal). You’ll also start hearing shit when it gets really high. 

It does make you more vulnerable to a certain enemy type though. But it’s not a huge problem. You just have to kill them a little quicker.

It's always nice when your writing gets reinforced by the canon after you come up with it.

1 minute ago, The Good Doctor said:

It is good for more. Mostly world stuff instead of utility, though. Enough insight will reveal things in the world that otherwise only appear if you progress far enough (I’d reccomend just finding it via progression on your first playthrough. It makes for a cooler reveal). You’ll also start hearing shit when it gets really high. 

It does make you more vulnerable to a certain enemy type though. But it’s not a huge problem. You just have to kill them a little quicker.

No wonder Czar wasn’t talking about the lore then XD I’m starting to think him and Nick literally just Zerg rushed every boss to say they beat bloodborne to be one of the big bois

15 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

Hell nah man, amidst all the whining and complaining I just got gud.

I think he means you blasted through the game. Which, to be fair, you did beat it in like three days. Twice now, plus the Chalice Dungeons, and it’s only been a couple weeks. XD

16 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

I do miss blocking tho lol XD 

I don’t. Love the dodging and pistol parry. Though there are a couple shields if you really miss it that much. But you’ll get made fun of. :lol: 

It's always nice when your writing gets reinforced by the canon after you come up with it.

17 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

DS3 really tried to emulate BB a lot, I can tell even with the side quests. 

it made it better for sure but BB blows it out of the water.

I do miss blocking tho lol XD 

Please, in Dark Souls too the only way to play is two handed greatsword no defence XD

3 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

I think he means you blasted through the game. Which, to be fair, you did beat it in like three days. Twice now, plus the Chalice Dungeons, and it’s only been a couple weeks. XD

I am on break still so I had the luxury of playing that shit all day. I explored every single area and all its nooks and crannies (that I could find).

Granted I'm bored as he'll with chalice dungeons now.

7 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

I don’t. Love the dodging and pistol parry. Though there are a couple shields if you really miss it that much. But you’ll get made fun of. :lol: 

Im good lol, doesn’t seem effective here.

pistol parrys cool and badass but it does make the gameplay feel like I don’t quite have a hold on it the way I do in DS3. But maybe that’s because I’m still new.

That said, stuff that was hard for me is cheese now. Guess I just don’t feel as secure without my safety net.

But, I do like how plentiful heal pots are.