Soulsborne (And Sekiro and shiet) Thread #3

3 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

I just found out I was actually veeeery close to them before, and I only missed them because I made the jump XD if I failed I would’ve fallen down there right in the middle of them in smurfville.

While you’re exploring the woods, make sure you keep an eye out for fallen trees that can act as bridges higher up. There are several and the area can be difficult to navigate, but you’ll find lots of loot that’s really well hidden. There are at least two outfits and quite a few runes in the region, plus tons of smaller things.

1 hour ago, The Good Doctor said:

What did you think of the Nazgul Shadows of Yharnam?

Pretty badass, and perfect icing on that hellish fucking cake XD wasn’t a hard fight but all of it was super creepy. As was Yahar’gul the Unseen Village. I found the bossfight arena and got most of the loot here, so I’ll proceed with this bossfight tomorrow.

Fucking loathed that place at first lol but luckily boredom and curiosity always perseveres, so I decided to clear the place out.

Awesome location though, worth the wait. Some weird ass shits going on here. Like those things in the fire pit circles.  

And of course, the mounds of bodies stuck together like the statues...

edit: Guess I know what the bodies are for now.

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee

Holy shyt this place had some great loot, brought my sword from 420 something to 493 with this 14 tempering blood stone. Need another one of those. 

And a blood rock. Then my sword will be max level and I can focus on tempering stones and such

6 hours ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

Spoiler for the Vilebloods.

Reveal hidden contents

I read a likely theory that the Vilebloods had some interbreeding with the conquered Pthumerians. Explaining their complexions and night.

I totally forgot about this, but yeah, that’s likely a factor too.

6 hours ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

edit: Guess I know what the bodies are for now.

So you fought the boss?

That. Was fucking gross.

And cool XD Those chicks, the bell ringers, they just summoned something from the moon. That has to be this mensis ritual. Did they discover magic bells that beckon the great ones the way we can beckon other spirits and players?

Also beat him first try. The notes on the ground yesterday said "Don't forget high place," and those bell bitches have been a pain in my side this whole map lol so it was obvious.

I fucked up and missed out on a Visceral attack on the main body I think lol but my sword did so much damage anyway, I don't think it mattered much.

13 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Did they discover magic bells that beckon the great ones the way we can beckon other spirits and players?

The bells were just part of a much larger ritual, but yeah. The summoning failed in the end. I think they were trying to bring in a certain child Great One who you’ll meet in the DLC. 

Which, by the way, you should do now. XD 

3 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

The bells were just part of a much larger ritual, but yeah. The summoning failed in the end. I think they were trying to bring in a certain child Great One who you’ll meet in the DLC. 

Which, by the way, you should do now. XD 

Got more cash than I expected from holiday pay so it's a go!

I read that its possible the mensis ritual was successful actually, and that what they were trying to do was combine the bodies of the sacrifices, the people of Yahar'gul into a god. Based off of an anime where this very thing happens possibly, and there was a picture of eyes in the sky that matches this:

berserk_yahar'gul_eyes_in_the_sky.jpg?v=

Yahar'gul_Eyes_in_The_Sky.jpg?v=1539953476840

Human_Darkness_Merging.jpg?v=15399525903

Human_Darkness_Frenzy_A.jpg?v=1539950897

Human_Darkness_Starving.jpg?v=1539950941

Human_Darkness_Wurm.jpg?v=1539951060328

Basically something like Aldritch the Devourer of Gods swept through the city and consumed everything, and this is what remained. Explains shit like this:

yahar'gul_corpses_despair_g.jpg?v=153995

merge_nightmare_corpse_mass_gutter.jpg?v

And all the shit we see here. Those things in the carts, remains of the whole, or perhaps tests to make the greater thing.

Or, it was all simply a failure that was close to what they intended but not exactly what they expected. The statues revering these things makes me think otherwise though.

• Like 1