Soulsborne (And Sekiro and shiet) Thread #3

1 hour ago, The Good Doctor said:

He just enjoys the hunt that much.

978.jpg

Good news. Apparently Miyisaki is working (the dude fucking directed/wroteDark Souls 3 and Bloodborne, all at the same time, how does he fucking do it?!) on two unannounced "fromsoft-esque" games, which means at least one of them is going to be Soulsborne-esque. Don't know anything else.

https://www.dualshockers.com/fromsoftware-two-unannounced-games/

Worst case scenario: Dark Souls 4 or Bloodborne 2.  Best case scenario: The skull and bones hint was actually for the next Soulsborne game, and it's either an Aztec themed title, or a pirate one in the vein of Soulsborne (Please Fromsoft please...) Heck, I wouldn't even mind another medevial title, as long as it's re branded and a spiritual successor (and not straight out a sequel to Dark Souls like how that was to Demon Soul), like...I don't know Dragon Souls or some shit

• Like 2

1 minute ago, The Good Doctor said:

I really hope it’s the Aztec one. 

It would be cool, but It's also hard to imagine.

Could do something like you're one of Cortez's conquistadors (that way we could keep firearms, and maybe have real rifles for a change) and the Mayan Apocalypse happens, and you're suddenly dealing with undead and Aztec God's XD Or could be a new fantasy setting 

1 minute ago, BigBossBalrog said:

It would be cool, but It's also hard to imagine.

Could do something like you're one of Cortez's conquistadors (that way we could keep firearms, and maybe have real rifles for a change) and the Mayan Apocalypse happens, and you're suddenly dealing with undead and Aztec God's XD Or could be a new fantasy setting 

I doubt it would include real world groups. I was thinking more like Bloodborne and Dark Souls where it’s alk fantasy factions with some real world inspirations. 

Dark fantasy Aztec would be cool as shit.

• Like 1

It's always nice when your writing gets reinforced by the canon after you come up with it.

22 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

@BigBossBalrog Who do you think he'll struggle with the most in base game? My guess is Matyr or Noodles.

You ever just talk about the lore or anything in the game? Lol, not everything is boss fights. :P 

I'll be taking my time, aside from work stuff coming up, this game has too many damn secrets and shit and I don't want to overlook anything. And I had to go back to several locations already for missing shit lol

• Haha 1

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee

19 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

You ever just talk about the lore or anything in the game? Lol, not everything is boss fights. :P 

I'll be taking my time, aside from work stuff coming up, this game has too many damn secrets and shit and I don't want to overlook anything. And I had to go back to several locations already for missing shit lol

I normally just look that lore stuff up or read in game, besides Im not that knowledgeable in Lovecraftian genre so I'd embarrass myself.

Edited by TheCzarsHussar

17 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

I tease him alot, but considering the fact Colonel's talking down Nameless, Sister Freide, and Gael, I think he'll be relatively fine XD

If he mains the axe whole game he's gonna have to put in extra effort to enemies weak to thrust.

Edited by TheCzarsHussar

It's workin just fine so far lol, but I have the holy sword of Ludwig for thrust anyway.

Doc barely knows any lovecraftian lore, you really don't need to know anything about lovecraft to get this stuff, it's unique despite its themes.

From what I've seen so far anyway.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

It's workin just fine so far lol, but I have the holy sword of Ludwig for thrust anyway.

Doc barely knows any lovecraftian lore, you really don't need to know anything about lovecraft to get this stuff, it's unique despite its themes.

From what I've seen so far anyway.

You're set, that weapon can win you the game. Arming sword plus greatsword, insanely good thrust attacks and buffable.

I did talk a bit about lore and stuff, but really from what I saw they did the story excellently in this one. Not that Dark Souls didn't have good story and lore, but the A team is at their best here.

Edited by TheCzarsHussar
  • Like 1

I did try to fuck with Paarl or whatever way before I’m ready. Not good enough to kill it early on yet but I did get close. 

Anyway I’ll come back for it around level 45-50 when my strength is up. If I had more damage I could definitely kill this thing so no biggie.

16 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Anyway I’ll come back for it around level 45-50 when my strength is up. If I had more damage I could definitely kill this thing so no biggie.

One way to make up for the lack of damage against him this early is to concentrate on one leg at a time. Eventually it will collapse and expose his face. Even with low level weapons, you’ll do a ton of damage if you visceral his face.

2 hours ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

This. Bloodborne has its own lore. I probably wouldn’t like it nearly as much if it was just HPL stuff anyway. What makes it so great to me is the way everything is buried beneath the surface and you uncover more and more of it as you go.

It's always nice when your writing gets reinforced by the canon after you come up with it.

6 hours ago, The Good Doctor said:

One way to make up for the lack of damage against him this early is to concentrate on one leg at a time. Eventually it will collapse and expose his face. Even with low level weapons, you’ll do a ton of damage if you visceral his face.

This. Bloodborne has its own lore. I probably wouldn’t like it nearly as much if it was just HPL stuff anyway. What makes it so great to me is the way everything is buried beneath the surface and you uncover more and more of it as you go.

Ooh, visceral the face....

Shit lemme get back at that bitch.

edit: I was just wacking him after he collapses lol