Soulsborne (And Sekiro and shiet) Thread #3

So you know how we were talking about Bonfire Mimics recently...XD

*Plays new Dark Souls mod everyones talking about. At the bottom of the Catacombs, after a fucking hour of exploring, no Estus and only half health left.*

*See's Bonfire, rushes towards it like an idiot. As I light it, Bonfire fucking explodes into flames, and disappears* 

*Dies* 

:wall:

Yeah, they added it. Yeah...yeahhhhh.....

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, BigBossBalrog said:

So you know how we were talking about Bonfire Mimics recently...XD

*Plays new Dark Souls mod everyones talking about. At the bottom of the Catacombs, after a fucking hour of exploring, no Estus and only half health left.*

*See's Bonfire, rushes towards it like an idiot. As I light it, Bonfire fucking explodes into flames, and disappears* 

*Dies* 

:wall:

Yeah, they added it. Yeah...yeahhhhh.....

:rofl: :rofl:

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee

@The Good Doctor any good lore bits at Cainhurst I should go back for you think? I didn’t really notice much in the way of lore notes there.

@BigBossBalrog too. Don’t tell me the lore, just say yea or nah, otherwise I’ll focus on the forest for revisiting before I move on to the rest of the unseen village.

It is insanely cool that they worked in both vampires and werewolves in the Cthulhu mythos in such a plausible way.

I know I’m spamming here, I’m sorry, I’ll put these posts together in a sec, but it seems like someone was either luring the hunters there, maybe the queen, or... yea. That’s all I got.

But it would explain why that letter had my name on it. You know, unless your character is just going crazy. But you had no reason to go to Cainhurst otherwise.

11 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

@The Good Doctor any good lore bits at Cainhurst I should go back for you think? I didn’t really notice much in the way of lore notes there.

There is lots of good lore on Cainhurst, but I don't remember off the top of my head how much of it is found at the castle, how much is in Yharnam, and how much is just conclusions that can be drawn by world details.

6 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Something else I noticed is, the bodies of the people that had Kin blood seemed to be hunters.

wtf is that about?

Nobody at Cainhurst had Kin blood. Are you talking about somewhere else?

5 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

but it seems like someone was either luring the hunters there, maybe the queen, or... yea. That’s all I got.

The origins of the letter are one of the biggest unanswered mysteries in the game. There is a lot of weird "magic", for lack of a better word, surrounding Cainhurst. Like the carriage you ride there having dead horses and crossing a broken bridge. So some people just chalk it up to that.

Or it could be that the summons belonged to you before the game started, but you lost your memory during the blood transfusion (as the foreign garb set implies). I'm not 100% sure if From actually put a ton of thought into this, and probably just figured it would be a cool way to get us there. It's one of the few mysteries that I've never seen a really good theory on, which is weird for this community.

I picked up two kinblood drops near bodies, or is that just a leveled loot thing? They were on the rooftops.

Aw that’s disappointing. It does make for good role play. Like maybe you had family in Cainhurst and that’s why you had a summons there. 

7 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

I picked up two kinblood drops near bodies, or is that just a leveled loot thing? They were on the rooftops.

Kin coldblood, you mean? I imagine that’s just because it’s a late game area and they were putting max blood echos among the loot. There isn’t really any serious lore relation between Cainhurst and the Kin. Best I can think of is the Vileblood originating at Byrgenwerth, but that happened long ago and so much comes from that place that it’s a stretch to connect these particular dots.

Also, were they hunters, like with the Church? Or were they Executioners? Cainhurst is full of dead Executioners, who are the guys that stormed the castle with Logarius.

Just now, The Good Doctor said:

Kin coldblood, you mean? I imagine that’s just because it’s a late game area and they were putting max blood echos among the loot. There really is no lore relation between Cainhurst and the Kin. Best I can think of is the Vileblood originating at Byrgenwerth, but that happened long ago and so much comes from that place that it’s a stretch to connect these particular dots.

Also, were they hunters, like with the Church? Or were they Executioners? Cainhurst is full of dead Executioners, who are the guys that stormed the castle with Logarius.

They looked like average hunters, they weren't wearing the fancy executioner stuff. I just figured they got killed going after the Queen, or maybe Logarius. Whichever. Which, I didn't realize Alfred was involved in any of that, spoiled myself I guess but I honestly never would've known to go ask him about that myself and he's so out of the way anyway.

Just now, The Good Doctor said:

Actually, Vileblood didn’t even originate at Byrgenwerth. A scholar there stole forbidden blood, took it to Cainhurst, and the Vileblood nobles came from that.

Why is it forbidden, and how is it different from elder blood?

11 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Why is it forbidden, and how is it different from elder blood?

You mean Great One blood? It definitely was Great One blood.

As for why it was called “forbidden blood” instead of “Old Blood” like we normally see, because it was stolen from Byrgenwerth, not Yharnam (who probably didn’t even have the Healing Church or access to the blood yet). Byrgenwerth’s adage is “fear the Old Blood”. They discovered what it was capable of long ago, and the church’s leader,Master Willem, was strongly against the use of blood.  That’s why he considered it a betrayal when his student/friend Laurence left his side and founded the Healing Church, which was centered on using the blood.

Basically, it was considered forbidden blood to Byrgenwerth.

9 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

I wonder if drinking that woman's blood, the whore, has to do with the doll saying my presence is soothing and she can sense the ancient blood in me.

I think that’s just something she says once you get so far or level up so much.

I see, lol all these sects and such are confusing. And Willem looks like a holy man.

So these so called Vilebloods are really no different from the Yharnamites. They all partake. The Vilebloods are different though for some reason. Vampiric instead of beastlike. Or even ghosts, that’s also strange. I’m guessing because of whatever magic works here.

Thats why that woman fit in so well in Yharnam though and near the grand cathedral, no one there really had a distaste for her blood. Even so, she’s still somehow different from the other woman you can save.

Maybe there’s a stronger concentration of old blood in the vilebloods.

20 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

So these so called Vilebloods are really no different from the Yharnamites. They all partake. The Vilebloods are different though for some reason.

The game rarely goes into great detail about communion or blood ministration, how it gets used, altered, diluted, distilled, etc. but it is implied that there is much more to it than just putting it in needles and jamming it into your veins. But there is definitely a lot of “science” involved with how the Church uses blood. Blood Saints like that nun are even raised with it in them and basically used as blood banks.

The nobles at Cainhurst, on the other hand, just straight up drank the stuff. And they were doing it many many years before Yharnam even had access to it. The stuff is volatile as it is, so no doubt this resulted in different effects.

We also don’t know for sure if Cainhurst’s blood came from the same source. We know which GO’s blood they use in Yharnam, but iirc, they only found the source after the Vilebloods came to be. There’s a good chance that Byrgenwerth had a small amount of the “Forbidden Blood” before they discovered the source of Old Blood that is used by Yharnam now, meaning Cainhurst’s blood could’ve come from a different GO entirely.

21 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Thats why that woman fit in so well in Yharnam though and near the grand cathedral, no one there really had a distaste for her blood.

On the contrary, it is different enough that she would be killed if the Church knew about her. But despite calling it Vileblood, there are many who would be drawn to it whether they like it or not.

I don’t want to spoil the endgame for you, but Arianna’s blood is a big deal. You’ll see.

Strange that there’s more to the blood than just injection or drinking, what the hell else could be involved? Especially if we can use it on the go. 

The blood transfusion I get being different though. For all I know they replaced all of my blood with it.

1 minute ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Strange that there’s more to the blood than just injection or drinking, what the hell else could be involved? Especially if we can use it on the go. 

On the go, it’s just injections. And I think that it might even be ingested and absorbed through the skin somewhat considering we heal a little when we hit enemies and get it on us. But I think that in happier times, the Healing Church did a lot more with it.

We know that even the best blood was a little diluted, since the best and most elite sources were Blood Saints, basically people raised by the Church who were specially suited to receive tons of it without getting sick, and could act as living blood banks.

7 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Ah yes, Mi-Go... what the fuck is that? XD lol. 

They were once students at Byrgenwerth. Their official name is “Garden of Eyes”, which makes sense considering they’ve got giant eye clusters growing out of their heads. XD  The “garden” part implies they were used to cultivate eyes that the more elite scholars lined their brains with. Willem believed that doing so would grant them the insight needed to commune with a Great One.