Roleplayer’s Off Topic Thread #19

1 minute ago, The Good Doctor said:

He was Greek, so having some dark brown in his hair still works. Though it is a little less dark than in the older games.

True, and they did have some brownish greeks and even Romans, to the point that the Celts and Germans stuck out to them. 

Kinda like how some italians are olive colored, even brown.

But they weren't (to my knowledge) as dark as the Kratos in the pic Balrog posted. Maybe they decided to make it more realistic.

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee

3 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

But they weren't (to my knowledge) as dark as the Kratos in the pic Balrog posted. Maybe they decided to make it more realistic.

Maybe, though I think it's just lighting and coloration of that pic. He looks like a more typical dark skinned Greek in the cutscenes.

His beard definitely got browner, though, so maybe you're right. That, or they wanted him to look much older in this one and graying brown beards convey that more than graying black beards, since black hair tends to show gray earlier.

• Thanks 1

Just now, BigBossBalrog said:

Hope you see all the [redacted] influence in the game XD The devs admitted BB was a major influence for the game, including all the shortcuts, revamped combat, and metoidvania level design. 

In God of War? So far not in the combat at all, but in the level design certainly. In fact I don't recall Bloodborne having any loading screens between levels either aside from nightmares and yahar'gul early on.

There are also instances where you get teleported, but otherwise I think you can run through the majority of the game's levels from A to B without any of it.

Wish someone told me this game had photo mode! Love it!

That scene where Artaeus was lost while hunting the boar, was that one of those instances where the game was loading and you didn't know? If so, very clever indeed. This game is so innovative. And fighting the giant was thrilling, been a while since I played such a good action/adventure game.

And those upgrades are very useful. The ice draugr are normally a bit more tanky, but soon as I got that charged R2 ability, they became on par with all the rest. Brutal. Also, this witch bitch his cute.

Just now, The Good Doctor said:

That’s the spirit, bud. It sounded close before, so your odds will no doubt be even higher next time. 

Indeed, I know my bosses like me so I just gotta keep showing them they should hire me. This was a long shot anyway, they usually give priority to their own shift and there was five people going for it. Only one guy from my shift made it, and he’s been here two years more than me.

But I got an interview, that’s further than I’ve gotten thus far.

1 minute ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Also can Kratos please just fucking hug his kid, Jesus christ

I thought he was being too cruel as well...but I understand why he's being so distant. He needs to be focused on protecting the both of them.

And you have to remember, he's a Spartan, he was raised even crueller. 

1 minute ago, BigBossBalrog said:

I thought he was being too cruel as well...but I understand why he's being so distant. He needs to be focused on protecting the both of them.

And you have to remember, he's a Spartan, he was raised even crueller. 

Fuck all that, I’ma beat his ass myself and adopt this kid, little guy is straight up gangsta. He deserves to be loved!

But yea lol I get it. It’s hard tho because I gotta see all this heartbreak from Kratos’ POV

Just now, ColonelKillaBee said:

Fuck all that, I’ma beat his ass myself and adopt this kid, little guy is straight up gangsta. He deserves to be loved!

But yea lol I get it. It’s hard tho because I gotta see all this heartbreak from Kratos’ POV

Kratos does love him (there's so many times you can see Kratos reach for him to give a pat on the shoulder or a hug but he stops himself), he just doesn't believe in gratification XD He's trying to teach him how to defend himself in such a horrible world. He's very harsh, but I think it's coming from a good place.

Above all Kratos wants to avoid Atreus becoming him

Atreus is gonna be the new god of war, I can tell. Saw the shit on his face, his “scars”, it’s hidden in plain sight.

As for daddy GoW, like I said, I get it. But I hate it XD I like it, but I hate it. Reminds me almost of Ulrin and Baldur, except of course Ulrin took it to an extreme and was an asshole and Kratos is just being harsh and realistic.

5 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Atreus is gonna be the new god of war, I can tell. Saw the shit on his face, his “scars”, it’s hidden in plain sight.

As for daddy GoW, like I said, I get it. But I hate it XD I like it, but I hate it. Reminds me almost of Ulrin and Baldur, except of course Ulrin took it to an extreme and was an asshole and Kratos is just being harsh and realistic.

I don't wanna discuss this stuff too in depth with you just yet. The development in both of them is so good, and in some ways unexpected.

14 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Holy shit :rofl:

He was under the influence of Ares and was in a blood haze, when he came too, he was completely horrified and nearly went insane with grief there. 

Dosen't excuse what he's done.  To put it plainly, Kratos was a literal fucking monster in the old games. If anyone deserves to be called a villain protagonist in gaming, it's Kratos in the original trilogy. That guy was an ultra dick.