Roleplayer’s Off Topic Thread #19

2 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

I’ll share with the others, but you better stay north of that border. >:( My house is painted white, and we learned in 1814 how you snow monkies get when you see Americans living in white houses. 

We burned down you're Parliament building you burned down Ontario's it kinda equals out XD *Puts away matches*

• Haha 1

Then again I forgot how small their memory was and how they only just recently put in a TB of memory for the pro, so it probably is a space saving thing.

Also, apparently it’s not designed to read games off the disc and is centered around Blu-ray Discs. That’s why they have it read off the hard drive too.

There was something about load times too. Except the load times for bloodborne weren’t exactly speedy. Maybe cause my console is old but this whole thing seems slow as fuck.

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee

19 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Probably helps justify having a console at all, I doubt they’d need the disc and if it’s a memory thing they’d just let you download the entire thing with no need of the disc anymore afterwards.

Not sure I follow. They don’t need the disc, since all games are available digitally now. If anything, it helps justify having a GameStop. XD Personally, I prefer just buying them digitally anymore for this exact reason.

Here’s an article that explains it better than I can.

It actually does download the entire game to your hard drive. The disk requirement is for copyright reasons.

1 minute ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

There was something about load times too. Except the load times for bloodborne weren’t exactly speedy. Maybe cause my console is old but this whole thing seems slow as fuck.

Do you have a Pro? If not and your console is old, then that’s probably why. Bloodborne loads quickly on mine. Not as quickly as games on a good PC, but not slow by any stretch.

31 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Not sure I follow. They don’t need the disc, since all games are available digitally now. If anything, it helps justify having a GameStop. XD Personally, I prefer just buying them digitally anymore for this exact reason.

Here’s an article that explains it better than I can.

It actually does download the entire game to your hard drive. The disk requirement is for copyright reasons.

Rofl thats the article I read :P 

What I mean is, they market these games to kids and teenagers more, especially for christmas and its more easily marketable when you have a physical copy of your product.

Kids like having things, seeing their games under trees, collecting things, etc. If they really wanted to, they could just skip discs entirely, increase the memory of the hard drives by 2, and if they really want a blu ray disc drive they can have that, but you can still watch shit in blu ray without a disc at all.

They were already working on a console like that actually, I thought it was steam or the creators of orange box, I cant remember.

But yea the disc is obviously in no way actually necessary, its a design choice to help justify the selling of consoles at all.

Otherwise, people would just start buying cheap PCs which while not as powerful as a proper gaming pc is still leagues above any console out right now and for a similar price, or 100 dollars more at most. Nowadays you could buy a pc with a very dated graphics card and it'll play better than this.

5 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Rofl thats the article I read :P 

What I mean is, they market these games to kids and teenagers more, especially for christmas and its more easily marketable when you have a physical copy of your product.

Kids like having things, seeing their games under trees, collecting things, etc. If they really wanted to, they could just skip discs entirely, increase the memory of the hard drives by 2, and if they really want a blu ray disc drive they can have that, but you can still watch shit in blu ray without a disc at all.

They were already working on a console like that actually, I thought it was steam or the creators of orange box, I cant remember.

But yea the disc is obviously in no way actually necessary, its a design choice to help justify the selling of consoles at all.

Otherwise, people would just start buying cheap PCs which while not as powerful as a proper gaming pc is still leagues above any console out right now and for a similar price, or 100 dollars more at most. Nowadays you could buy a pc with a very dated graphics card and it'll play better than this.

*We'll never play [redacted] with 60 FPS, improved visuals, and lighting quick loading* :wall: DAMN YOU SONY!

• Sad 1

37 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Do you have a Pro? If not and your console is old, then that’s probably why. Bloodborne loads quickly on mine. Not as quickly as games on a good PC, but not slow by any stretch.

No, but tbh it being old really shouldn't effect a computer this much unless it was dirty, or the hdd was just that bad. They shouldn't get this slow until twice the amount of time this things been out, and with constant use. More powerful pcs that run the drives harder last longer before you notice a decrease in speed.

My guess, whatever form of ram these things have, its not nearly enough. There's probably a lot more processing speed on the Pro. This thing runs like my old pc when one of the ram cards was faulty and the pc was only working with 4 gigs of ram instead of 8. But ram is so cheap, even back then that they really had no excuse putting in such little operating power.

Anyway, guess I'll just have to deal with it until I get my new job and can get the pro.

Just now, ColonelKillaBee said:

So, shit talking aside? God of War loads so much quicker than [redacted], and damn does it look good! I'm shocked really.

Not to mention that besides the initial startup, the game doesn't have any actual loading screens. The camera never even cuts away, it's just one long continuous shot (unless you die, of course).

17 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

*We'll never play [redacted] with 60 FPS, improved visuals, and lighting quick loading* :wall: DAMN YOU SONY!

I bet we do. It was one of Sony's biggest exclusives, so if there's never a sequel, they'll have to find some other way to make more money off it. These days, that means remastering it for the next generation. Dollars to donuts we see Bloodborne remastered for the PS5.

43 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Not to mention that besides the initial startup, the game doesn't have any actual loading screens. The camera never even cuts away, it's just one long continuous shot (unless you die, of course).

Yea my coworker explained it to me, its very smart. And as gorgeous as it is I really wish we could see it on pc. Alas.

Anyway this is fun as fuck, the kid reminds me of Daric.

8 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Anyway this is fun as fuck

The Leviathan axe has gotta be one of the most satisfying weapons to use in a video game. It has so much weight, and is so much fun to use. 

3 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

:rofl: Kratos' words are as brutal as his fucking finishing moves.

Doesn't take long to see where the unending "boy" memes come from. It was a while before I even learned Atreus' real name to the point of remembering. XD 

Satisfying, that's the word I'd use for this combat. Its very easy to switch between axe and your fists and his sons bow to line up stun finishing combos, and its all just seamless. It's wonderful and super fun, not to mention the kid is so cute.

4 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Satisfying, that's the word I'd use for this combat. Its very easy to switch between axe and your fists and his sons bow to line up stun finishing combos, and its all just seamless. It's wonderful and super fun, not to mention the kid is so cute.

And the combat only gets better and more satisfying as you level up and unlock new abilities. 

And Atreus is easily the most useful companion character I can think of in a game.

One thing I love about Kratos is that he isn't a mindless berserker, he's a thinker. Every swing with his axe is weighed, and done to achieve a goal. You can tell by his animations and subtle lines that's he's cool and focused most of the time in combat, while remaining fucking brutal. Centuries of honing his skills have turned him into a Perfect Spartan.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

One thing I love about Kratos is that he isn't a mindless berserker, he's a thinker. Every swing with his axe is weighed, and done to achieve a goal. You can tell by his animations and subtle lines that's he's cool and focused most of the time in combat, while remaining fucking brutal. Centuries of honing his skills have turned him into a Perfect Spartan.

Until you go into rage mode. XD I love that feature. It's a great callback to the original trilogy and the kind of man he was back then. Kratos is all wise and stoic now, but only after learning long ago where being a bloodthirsty killing machine gets you. He's still got that anger in him, but now that he's older and wiser, he's much better at controlling it.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

BTW, cool little detail, Colonel, Kratos is actually pretty dark skinned

318e39fcd103468d3438d6c11ca2c57e.jpg

He's white (hence his title, Ghost of Sparta) because he's wearing the ashes of his dead family.

That makes the fucking boss that voices him more appropriate then :D Christopher Judge, aka Teal'c, baddest motherfucker ever.