Soulsborne Thread#2

1 minute ago, The Good Doctor said:

Pontiff was hard for me because I played DS1 first and was trying to play 3 the same way. Once I broke all the habits it became a lot easier. The only bosses to really give me a hard time after him were Frieda, Midir, and kinda the Nameless King. But really even they aren’t that bad once you figure everything out. Now they’re pretty easy. 

I still hate Midir. Not because he’s hard. Because he’s a tedious damage sponge. Same reason I hate Rom in Bloodborne. 

But they have suck cool fucking lore, and there visually some of the most amazing set piece battles in the series. 

Don't tell me Midir falling over, giving in to the Abyss fully and unleashing a fucking black flame laser beam attack wasn't awesome XD Sick designs too. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, The Secret Sunbro said:

@The Good Doctor who would you consider the hardest boss for you. any game btw

Currently, or the first time I fought them?

Currently, the only ones that could probably still give me much of a challenge are the Orphan of Kos and Chalice Dungeon Amygdala. Though Orphan is still one of my favorite fights. Chalice Amy is kind of a bullshit enemy.

The first time I played, Ornstein and Smough were some of the hardest because I was new to these games and also hell-bent on killing fatass first and getting UberOrnstein. The Pontiff gave me the most trouble in 3. By the time I reached bosses who were tougher than him, I had a much better grasp on the gameplay.

7 minutes ago, The Secret Sunbro said:

Kos was a bitch for me at first, but I eventually just learned his move set and got good at dodging.

The Orphan became easier to me when I realized that his lightning wave attack originates from the nearby corpse and not the Orphan himself. 

Only reason I think he’d still give me a good run today is that he has such a varied moveset that it would take me some time to relearn. Unlike Nameless King or some such who I could beat pretty consistently now.

Well, right now I could pick up a controller and get my ass kicked by practically anything. It’s been a while since I’ve played any Soulsborne games and I’m way out of practice. I’d have to play a while to git gud again. But once if I did, those would still be my picks.

Just now, The Good Doctor said:

The Orphan became easier to me when I realized that his lightning wave attack originates from the nearby corpse and not the Orphan himself. 

Only reason I think he’d still give me a good run today is that he has such a varied moveset that it would take me some time to relearn. Unlike Nameless King or some such who I could beat pretty consistently now.

Well, right now I could pick up a controller and get my ass kicked by practically anything. It’s been a while since I’ve played any Soulsborne games and I’m way out of practice. I’d have to do a bit of relearning to git gud again.

Sekiro's going to kick your ass XD

3 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Well, right now I could pick up a controller and get my ass kicked by practically anything. It’s been a while since I’ve played any Soulsborne games and I’m way out of practice. I’d have to play a while to git gud again. But once if I did, those would still be my picks.

My man give us a shout if you're wanting to play Gothicborne.

• Thanks 1

Just now, TheCzarsHussar said:

Well check, I'm not too far in the dungeons so we can't play there.

Could be wrong as it’s been a while, but I don’t think you’d need to be as long as I have the materials to create a dungeon. Though I wouldn’t mind backtracking to earlier levels if I was trying to play co-op.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

I don’t even remember how far I got. It feels like I spent days in those fucking things, but if I recall correctly, I still had a long way to go when I quit.

The last boss I killed was Pthumerian Descendant, fun boss and an interesting design but weak as hell. Poor Pthumerians XD

Just now, TheCzarsHussar said:

The last boss I killed was Pthumerian Descendant, fun boss and an interesting design but weak as hell. Poor Pthumerians XD

It shows that the dungeons are meant to be played as you progress instead of at the end game. The first few hours are such a cakewalk for an endgame character. 

They do get tougher, though.

• Like 1

It shows that the dungeons are meant to be played as you progress instead of at the end game. The first few hours are such a cakewalk for an endgame character. 

They do get tougher, though.

Beast Possessed Soul was straight up hilarious, but I know a little or the horrors that await. The one shot horrors.

7 minutes ago, The Secret Sunbro said:

Fan boy. Anywho From soft makes wonderful games. They do. But no game is master/perfect when it comes to gameplay. Storywise yes there are some, but gameplay hell no.

072.png

A fan boy because I love a certain dev team, and think there unrivaled as an Eastern game company XD Okay buddy. Seems like you're still salty you got Kossed. 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, The Secret Sunbro said:

Fromsoft is great, but we can't forget DS2

Indeed. If we were comparing all game companies, I wouldn’t put it at the top. But Balrog said eastern game companies, and out of that bunch, they’re an easy pick for me, flaws and all. I’d rather play DS2 than pokemon or whatever the fuck. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Indeed. If we were comparing all game companies, I wouldn’t put it at the top. But Balrog said eastern game companies, and out of that bunch, they’re an easy pick for me, flaws and all. I’d rather play DS2 than pokemon or whatever the fuck. 

You leave Charizard out of this, pokemon has gotten me more pussy than alcohol, daddy issues and racial stereotypes combined.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee

So y’all agree with each other. But you’re fighting...

Aight then. XD 

I'm not fighting i'm amused XD All I said is I believed Fromsoft was an excellent dev team, and there output has been fantastic and better then any other Eastern company. I didn't say anything implying there perfect.  Which is hardly controversial. I very much see the flaws in there titles, but I can look past them because as a whole, there amazing action games.