Roleplayer’s Off Topic Thread #16

Share your opinion  

7 members have voted

1. 1. Are you tired of these polls?

• Yes
    • No

With all Obsidian’s financial issues, I wonder if this was their only option to stay afloat. Pillars proved that crowdfunding works, but that can’t be an easy way to stay above water considering how niche their games tend to be.

I hate it for folks who can’t play now, but after what happened to TellTale I am at least happy to know that the company won’t go belly up.

15 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

With all Obsidian’s financial issues, I wonder if this was their only option to stay afloat. Pillars proved that crowdfunding works, but that can’t be an easy way to stay above water considering how niche their games tend to be.

I hate it, but after what happened to TellTale I am at least happy to know that the company won’t go belly up.

Apparently alot of Indie devs like working with Microsoft alot, and Microsoft hasn't killed a studio like EA before. Considering how they always said they wanted to be bought out by Microsoft I think this is actually pretty good. 

• Like 1

Yea the only thing about that news I don’t like is the Xbox exclusives thing, but I guess they need something.

Im not nearly as worried about it as I’d be for EA. Plus, there’s a better chance of a Microsoft exclusive coming out for pc and only being exclusive in the console scene than a PS4 exclusive.

• Like 1

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee

2 hours ago, Celan said:

It can happen to anyone though, and even if you prove your innocence your life could still be ruined. It's particularly scary for college campuses, where due process has been gutted by Title IX, but discrimination law is extending the same hysteria-first atmosphere into workplaces. Women aren't immune, but men are most at risk.

Counter sue the fuck out of her, buy me a Bugatti, pick up more bitches in it.

Just now, ColonelKillaBee said:

Yea the only thing about that news I don’t like is the Xbox exclusives thing, but I guess they need something.

Im not nearly as worried about it as I’d be for EA. Plus, there’s a better chance of a Microsoft exclusive coming out for pc and only being exclusive in the console scene than a PS4 exclusive.

Microsoft is putting most things up on PC now (the new Halo game is going to be for PC), so I wouldn't worry about exclusives coming from them. 

Apparently they've been struggling alot since New Vegas, so at least there in a financially stable situation again.

9 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Apparently alot of Indie devs like working with Microsoft alot, and Microsoft hasn't killed a studio like EA before. Considering how they always said they wanted to be bought out by Microsoft I think this is actually pretty good. 

I’m sure it’ll be good for Obsidian and if Microsoft lets them do what they want like Sony does with its exclusives then it’ll probably be good for their games too. I just hate it for the folks who won’t be able to play now. 

Though Microsoft is less stingy than Sony. Their stuff will probably still come to PC just like Halo did. 

Viking’d. XD 

Edited by The Good Doctor

17 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Microsoft is putting most things up on PC now (the new Halo game is going to be for PC), so I wouldn't worry about exclusives coming from them. 

Apparently they've been struggling alot since New Vegas, so at least there in a financially stable situation again.

Multiplayer. Any single player?

I don't think Tides of Numenera or Tyranny did well, and Deadfire sold less than Pillars 1, so I'm not totally surprised.

1 hour ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

Well I just found out the hurricane is going to hit us.

It’s weaksauce tho no worries. People on the coast of Florida should worry about flooding and wind but I’m sure they’re used to getting fucked by now. 

The media’s hyping it up saying it could strengthen to a 3 on the coast and unfortunately again for Florida it’s the north east side of the hurricane, so that means tornadoes, possibly for you and me as well, but that’s all we’ll have to worry about.

Cat 1 conditions for you, tropical for me.

• Haha 1

I wonder if this helps or hurts our chances of getting another Obsidian Fallout some day. On one hand, Bethesda and Microsoft have a very good working relationship, but on the other, I’m not sure if Zenimax would greenlight such a major project if it isn’t available for folks on PlayStation.