Roleplayer’s Off Topic Thread #8

An adventurer's companion  

7 members have voted

1. 1. Which character would you pick as your follower for adventuring?

• Mila
    • Daric
    • Karsh

53 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Didn’t Obsidian use ideas from fallout 3 mods? Those were well received. Like the gun attachments and varying ammo.

Yeah, weapon attachments definitely were. The devs said as much. I’m not sure if the ammo was from modders or not. It smells a lot like a JE Sawyer thing to me. Him being the gun nut that he is. Not sure about iron sights either. That seems like a pretty natural thing to add even if fans did originally do it first in 3. FPS games had been doing it for years by that point.

46 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

I still hold that what they’re doing with creation club, repackaging mods we already have and throwing a price tag up is by far the shittiest thing they’ve ever done.

I agree. But I wouldn’t consider it nearly so bad if they hadn’t lied so much about it and wrapped so many other scummy little things in with the idea. They shouldn’t have said that they would only be using original content that you couldn’t get from mods. And they shouldn’t have made things that were incredibly basic cost 1/4 the price of the damned game, especially when it’s the same shit that New Vegas and Fallout 4 got for free.

• Like 1

Modders are usually responding to what fans want and/or feel is lacking in a game, so I don't see how anyone can complain about the dev trying to improve their own game. But it's the internet, so if it exists, someone is complaining about it.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Yeah, weapon attachments definitely were. The devs said as much. I’m not sure if the ammo was from modders or not. It smells a lot like a JE Sawyer thing to me. Him being the gun nut that he is. Not sure about iron sights either. That seems like a pretty natural thing to add even if fans did originally do it first in 3. FPS games had been doing it for years by that point.

I agree. But I wouldn’t consider it nearly so bad if they hadn’t lied so much about it and wrapped so many other scummy little things in with the idea. They shouldn’t have said that they would only be using original content that you couldn’t get from mods. And they shouldn’t have made things that were incredibly basic cost 1/4 the price of the damned game, especially when it’s the same shit that New Vegas and Fallout 4 got for free.

Indeed, I don’t like the idea of paid mods but when I was a console peasant I’d have loved it, if it were quality, and if they weren’t so scummy and deceptive about the whole thing.

3 minutes ago, Celan said:

Modders are usually responding to what fans want and/or feel is lacking in a game, so I don't see how anyone can complain about the dev trying to improve their own game. But it's the internet, so if it exists, someone is complaining about it.

And this

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee

41 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

You’ll find out ;) you’re not a noob anymore, play and find out! 

Very late reply, considering From has already put in parts of their game you can easily miss. I want to make sure I don't, without getting spoiled by looking it up online.

1 hour ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

Very late reply, considering From has already put in parts of their game you can easily miss. I want to make sure I don't, without getting spoiled by looking it up online.

Tough, lol :P 

This aint really a game you should worry a great deal about spoiling, I'd say play through an area and if you think you missed something, look it up and go back since you can always do so at any time.

Holy shit, I beat those dwarves on death march at level 11 in the Hatori master swordsman quest (which I just now realized is a Kill Bill reference holy shit).

I actually turned it down to easy yesterday, and still got killed, gave up for the night and tried again today, not realizing the game set my difficulty back to where it was. XD 

Used enhanced thunderbolt and enhanced hangman’s venom. That’s it. Hit, dodge, hit, dodge, hit, dodge.

edit:

Im playin Witcher if that wasn’t clear

Edited by ColonelKillaBee

5 hours ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

She wishes she was as hard compared to NK.

3 hours ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

Alright I'm done for tonight, really did waste fifteen dollars.

If you don’t take your ass on XD 

So I found this picture of the Daedric Princes on reddit. I’ve come across it before but this time I noticed that Peryite looks like someone’s pet gecko. I mean look at him. Daedric Princes aren’t supposed to look like cute little lizards

A6F8E984-DC48-4250-B8B6-5F16E206415E.jpeg

Edited by BTCollins
  • Haha 1

Maybe it's because the picture is only a headshot, because he doesn't look emaciated enough like his statue, or like how he appeared in Daggerfall, which is basically his statue but come to life. Although I figure it probably wouldn't be too fun to go around looking diseased the whole time if you can help it. Which, as you point out, they can. Still better than being a skeever though

1 minute ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

@Witchking of Angmar

Is Yornar undead or has he extended his natural life all these years? Given his sexual life I imagine its the latter.

It's mentioned in his backstory how he went from an old man to young one again by devouring souls. So it's the latter. 

Power corrupts, absolute power... is a whole lot of fun!

5 minutes ago, Witchking of Angmar said:

It's mentioned in his backstory how he went from an old man to young one again by devouring souls. So it's the latter. 

Thanks witch!

@ColonelKillaBee I kept my cool and used armor and Shield with huge ice and magic resistance and nearly beat her with ten flasks left.

But she got a good hit on me and cheesed another unavoidable one, it won't be long before she loses.

4 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

Thanks witch!

@ColonelKillaBee I kept my cool and used armor and Shield with huge ice and magic resistance and nearly beat her with ten flasks left.

But she got a good hit on me and cheesed another unavoidable one, it won't be long before she loses.

On the last stage of the fight stay in her face. Remember she has absolutely no poise. Strangle that bitch, she’s more dangerous when she has some distance than she is up close.

As long as you don’t let her hit you lol