Roleplayer’s Off Topic Thread #8

An adventurer's companion  

7 members have voted

1. 1. Which character would you pick as your follower for adventuring?

• Mila
    • Daric
    • Karsh

14 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

That excuse doesn’t work when they also kill the Dark coochie. XD 

Hey, some dudes just gotta ruin shit for erybody.

“If I can’t have it for myself, nobody can!”

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee

10 hours ago, BigBossBalrog said:

It's a covenant in Dark Souls 2 we're you get to lead a legion of NPC rats against human invaders trying to invade the underground Rat Kingdom. You get to use traps and all kinds of shit.

I'm dead serious.

Where’s the rats? I didn’t see a single rat in this video. 

Like the resident evil music in the beginning lol, the movies had a good soundtrack if nothing else.

11 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Hey, some dudes just gotta ruin shit for erybody.

Just realized, this would work great for a Fingers of Rosaria motto XD that’s my clique in a nutshell.

Edited by ColonelKillaBee
Spelling/Autocorrect

PoE2 comes out today!  Won't have time to play much till I get back from vacation. I'm mostly offline next week. 

Chris Avellone dishing more dirt about Obsidian. It's like your mom and dad divorcing. 

• Like 1

The lead up to PoE II coming out has made me really excited to finish PoE once I’m done with school in a couple weeks. And since the console version of PoE II doesn’t come out until this winter I’ll have plenty of time to finish this go around.

Edited by BTCollins

Hmmm interesting. So apparently Creative Assembly is using ideas brought forth by modders, and incorporating them officially into the game itself. Like the Dawi are getting a ton of shit modders implemented (albeit without the polish CA puts in its stuff), such as Ungrim getting his own unique subfaction and a fully detailed blacksmithing mechanic. 

And now the modders are complaining CA stole from them XD Despite the fact the modding agreement states CA is free to use anything a modder makes, because there using their shit. 

I wonder how the TES modding community would react. Their dramawhores. 

I think I would be a bit torn on the matter if I were doing mods. On one hand it's giving you validation that your idea and implementation was so good it got their attention and approval to put it into the game for everyone. On the other hand you will get overlooked as the creator because of it. 

Power corrupts, absolute power... is a whole lot of fun!

21 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

I wonder how the TES modding community would react. Their dramawhores. 

Probably not all that badly. Bethesda have taken lots of ideas from modders and it was well received. The only time it wasn’t was when they started charging extra for it in their Creation Club and calling it original after promising that it would be different from paid mods.

The way I see it, those people are using the company’s tools with the company’s blessing. Anything they create is built on the shoulders of the developers, so while recognition would be nice, they’re not really entitled to it. 

25 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Probably not all that badly. Bethesda have taken lots of ideas from modders and it was well received. The only time it wasn’t was when they started charging extra for it in their Creation Club and calling it original after promising that it would be different from paid mods.

The way I see it, those people are using the company’s tools with the company’s blessing. Anything they create is built on the shoulders of the developers, so while recognition would be nice, they’re not really entitled to it. 

So they wouldn't throw a hissy bitch fit and take down all their mods in a tantrum like a modder we all know and love XD

But I agree your shit belongs to Bethesda. Your using their tools and their assets after all.

1 minute ago, BigBossBalrog said:

So they wouldn't throw a hissy bitch fit and take down all their mods in a tantrum like a modder we all know and love XD

But I agree your shit belongs to Bethesda. Your using their tools and their assets after all.

It would be a pretty shitty way to protest considering Bethesda would already have all their shit. It made some sense when other modders were using their work and taking credit for it. But Bethesda is more than just some other modder. I can’t see them getting too worked up.

Like, imagine if TES 6 came out and a werewolf named Lorgar was in it. You could be upset that they used your character, but Lorgar wouldn’t even exist without their world. Personally, I’d be more flattered than bothered, but it wouldn’t make a difference either way. 

3 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Like, imagine if TES 6 came out and a werewolf named Lorgar was in it. You could be upset that they used your character, but Lorgar wouldn’t even exist without their world. Personally, I’d be more flattered than bothered, but it wouldn’t make a difference either way. 

I'd say that would depend on how they also portray the character. I'd be pretty miffed if Yornar showed up only to be some dumb cartoon villain. 

Power corrupts, absolute power... is a whole lot of fun!

1 hour ago, The Good Doctor said:

It would be a pretty shitty way to protest considering Bethesda would already have all their shit. It made some sense when other modders were using their work and taking credit for it. But Bethesda is more than just some other modder. I can’t see them getting too worked up.

This. If they make some random npc Nord bard named Baldur I’d be hyped.

I wouldn’t put it past Bethesda’s modding community either, they’re sum whiny bitches themselves but I don’t think it’d be a huge outcry. Most of them know the routine by now.

I still hold that what they’re doing with creation club, repackaging mods we already have and throwing a price tag up is by far the shittiest thing they’ve ever done. That’s bad, so I can’t see them getting upset for making a good change to the core game with an idea from a mod. Not if they’re not upset by them doing that very thing with paid mods.