Roleplayer's Off Topic Thread #25

Dead Pool- Who do you think will not survive chapter 4?  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Milk-Drinker Edition

• Empress Dales Motierre
    • General Gracchus Ceno
    • Countess Magdela Bathory
    • Admiral Tacitus Meridius
    • Titus Scipio
    • Aetius Aquilarios
    • Yornar the Witch-King
    • Karsh the Raven
    • Avitus Agrippa

Balrog calls the costumes cheap but to me the romans and some of the gladiator gear looks sick.

Its definitely like a (slightly) more grounded 300 but if you ask me the actual battle scenes full scale are better than Rome’s and 300. In the ending anyway. That first episode in the beginning was definitely (eh) status and the blood effects are lolzy.

Rome wins out because to me it’s more tasteful and the characters are just damn good in their acting. 

Spartacus can’t top Pullo and Vorenus duo but they come close.

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee

Just now, The Good Doctor said:

:rofl: You know that shit was funny when it's probably been over a year and was still the first thing both you and I immediately thought about.

XD it irked me so much. Obviously I wasn’t referring to historical facts.

1 minute ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

Oh I'm interested all right. (I actually do like 300 by the way, even with its many, many inaccuracies ;)

Is this show on HBO, Hulu or Netflix?

Originated on starz but right now you can watch it all on netflix

20 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

Is this show on HBO, Hulu or Netflix?

It's a Stars original but I think it's on Netflix now. Or it used to be, at least.

20 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

I actually do like 300 by the way, even with its many, many inaccuracies

Remember that in 300 we aren't seeing what's happening. We're getting the story as it was told by the one survivor. He embellished because his goal was to rouse up the other Greeks against the Persians. The whole movie is Spartan propaganda. The best kind of propaganda.

15 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

It's a Stars original but I think it's on Netflix now. Or it used to be, at least.

Remember that in 300 we aren't seeing what's happening. We're getting the story as it was told by the one survivor. He embellished because his goal was to rouse up the other Greeks against the Persians. The whole movie is Spartan propaganda. The best kind of propaganda.

Not to mention it was based off a graphic novel. I rather it be accurate to the source material then the actual event.

Just now, BigBossBalrog said:

Ya'll remeber the early 2000's with all those weird "historical" drama movies being shit out. Troy. Alexander (Awful). Kingdom of Heaven to name a few. Maybe that'll return someday. 

Troy was ok, but Alexander was perfect. It showed just how much of a bitch he was lol and I'll always be grateful for it.

• Haha 1

Just now, ColonelKillaBee said:

Troy was ok, but Alexander was perfect. It showed just how much of a bitch he was lol and I'll always be grateful for it.

"Who will inherit your Empire my liege?"

"Ya'll cunts can kill each other to fight over it's corpse it dies with me!" 

He's overrated, but I still respect him. He was a badass leader. XD