Roleplayer’s Off Topic Thread #4

Grim Ones vs Emperor's Blades (Third Era)  

6 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

This poll is closed to new votes

5 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Like, the Hearthfire House was nice. I might take it over any single Oblivion home. But three of them? I’d rather have three themed ones. 

Skingard Manor was the shit. Wasn't that the one with the really cool Haunted House side quest?

My only real complaint about hearthfire was I couldn’t have my family live in Falkreath.

Everything from giants, dragons and vampires attacked there constantly. Dog got killed, skeevers keep wandering in, wife got passed around from bandit to bandit and walked funny when I rescued her...

Falkreath was hell. You gotta put up with a lot for that lakeside view.

• Haha 1

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee

3 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

My only real complaint about hearthfire was I couldn’t have my family live in Falkreath.

Everything from giants, dragons and vampires attacked there constantly. Dog got killed, skeevers keep wandering in, wife got passed around from bandit to bandit and walked funny when I rescued her...

Falkreath was hell. You gotta put up with a lot for that lakeside view.

I forgot about the fucking attacks. Man, I hated those so much. That, and how the Housecarl would wander like ten miles away so you never knew if he was alive or dead. 

4 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

I miss Oblivion's sidequests. So fun and inventive....

Remember the one where you could fall asleep for an hour on that hotel ship and somehow wake up in the middle of the ocean? XD I’m no naval expert, but getting from the Imperial City to any ocean in less than a day seems downright impossible. 

That said, it was a cool quest. 

1 minute ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

And unexpected. Depending on your dialogue options you took it made you feel like a boss too when the head guy shits himself.

Think the leader was a woman. But yeah, I remember having the option to scare her into turning herself in. Then you got her enchanted cutlass. Cool stuff.

That and the Anvil haunted house totally caught me by surprise. Another great one was that paranoid wood elf in Skingrad who had you gather evidence that everyone was spying on him, when in truth nobody was. If you told the truth, he’d attack you because “obviously” you were lying. If you lied and said they were conspiring against him, he’d get a giant axe and go murder them one by one. XD 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, The Good Doctor said:

Think the leader was a woman. But yeah, I remember having the option to scare her into turning herself in. Then you got her enchanted cutlass. Cool stuff.

That and the Anvil haunted house totally caught me by surprise. Another great one was that paranoid wood elf in Skingrad who had you gather evidence that everyone was spying on him, when in truth nobody was. If you told the truth, he’d attack you because “obviously” you were lying. If you lied and said they were conspiring against him, he’d get a giant axe and go murder them one by one. XD 

You could do alot actually.

http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Oblivion:Paranoia

Oblivion's side quests we're great...

• Like 1

I liked that Dunmer guy in the Fighters Guild who got fired and took up painting. XD

And I always liked the Mazoga quest and that she was hanging around the cottage afterward and would go bust skulls with you anytime you asked. That cavern was a treasure trove for archers. Except I didn't like the slow walking part in that quest, as Colonel likes to harp about.

17 minutes ago, Celan said:

And I always liked the Mazoga quest and that she was hanging around the cottage afterward and would go bust skulls with you anytime you asked. That cavern was a treasure trove for archers. Except I didn't like the slow walking part in that quest, as Colonel likes to harp about.

“I’m gonna get me some black bows. Tag along if you like!”

”I’m gonna get me some black bows. Tag along if you like!”

”I’m gonna get me some black bows. Tag along if you like!”

XD But yeah I liked that one too. Especially how you got to become a knight at the end. And it was cool how every time you revisited Mazoga, she had better gear. Showed that she was keeping busy with it without you. 

• Like 1

The mage's guild quest line is either my favorite or I just remember it the most because I almost always do it. Makes the Skyrim guild quests look really lame. I actually liked all the recommendation quests, even if they were pretty simple. It felt like you had real progression. Going back to Oblivion though, the towns seem really empty. I think they did better with that in Skyrim, except for the taverns which were too samey.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Celan said:

The mage's guild quest line is either my favorite or I just remember it the most because I almost always do it. Makes the Skyrim guild quests look really lame. I actually liked all the recommendation quests, even if they were pretty simple. It felt like you had real progression

The Thieves Guild was my favorite, but I agree. It felt like we were actual scholars who joined up to become competent mages and gradually delved deeper into the politics of the Worm Cult conflict as we explored that setting. And it was so long that our rise to the top felt natural.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Centurion said:

Same with the fighters guild. With the companions it’s like “Ah you punched a farmers wife! What a warrior! Here go take a test to become one of our leaders!”

Skyrim quests in a nutshell.

“You got lost in a crypt and saw the Eye of Magnus? Why don’t you handle all of our important jobs from here on out.”

“You just got here? Be my Listener.”

”Thanks for the firewood, stranger. You can now marry my daughter.”