Roleplayer’s Off Topic Thread #4

Grim Ones vs Emperor's Blades (Third Era)  

6 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

This poll is closed to new votes

Just now, ColonelKillaBee said:

What’s an amweaboo?

It's a really stupid thing for the Switch that locks content behind a little statue you buy XD There unfortanley so popular they usually sellout out gamestores and people are always begging Nintedo to make more.

They revealed footage of the Remaster for...the switch. And it being the Switch (you don't want to see the Doom port...) it looks fugly.

@The Good Doctor old friend is at the start XD

11 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

It's a really stupid thing for the Switch that locks content behind a little statue you buy XD There unfortanley so popular they usually sellout out gamestores and people are always begging Nintedo to make more.

They revealed footage of the Remaster for...the switch. And it being the Switch (you don't want to see the Doom port...) it looks fugly.

@The Good Doctor old friend is at the start XD

I hate everything about this

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee

1 minute ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

I hate everything about this

The Amiboo is stupid, but what's wrong with Nintedo players being able to play a classic? 

Their getting a subpar version then what the other consoles are getting, but better then nothing XD

3 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

The Amiboo is stupid, but what's wrong with Nintedo players being able to play a classic? 

Their getting a subpar version then what the other consoles are getting, but better then nothing XD

It’s dumb man, reminds me of the movie about the guy who played the piano on a boat and they wanted his music to be some of the first ever recorded and he outright refused. Nothing wrong with it in principal but I get where he’s coming from. 

I personally can’t stsnd it when people try listening to a new song on their phone without at least some speakers, you miss out on so much of the sound that it oftentimes sounds like a completely different song.

Certain games ain’t meant to be handheld. It still seems very gimmicky. 

There’s also something to be said for all the sounds and music in the game instead coming from such a small device. Those little earbuds they plug in don’t cut it, DS 3 has some excellent sounds that deserves to be heard properly throughbatbthe very least larger tv speakers.

2 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

There’s also something to be said for all the sounds and music in the game instead coming from such a small device. Those little earbuds they plug in don’t cut it, DS 3 has some excellent sounds that deserves to be heard properly throughbatbthe very least larger tv speakers.

Yeah, I wouldn't want to play Souls while taking a shit. My vessels might burst or some shit XD

But yeah, the music and atmospheric sounds are one of the reasons Souls is so atmospheric. You're doing it a disservice without a proper sound device. Same for Hellblade.

As good news, someone spotted an Omni roll! In Vanilla D1 you could only roll in four directions. In 2 and 3, you can roll alot better.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

XD I can just imagine my family hearing me while fighting the nameless king on the shitter.

I still say he was tougher than Sister Friede. Friede if I had the weight to spare for armor, I could’ve taken with Zwei. I couldn’t do that with the Nameless King. I had to go sword n board.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

XD I can just imagine my family hearing me while fighting the nameless king on the shitter.

I still say he was tougher than Sister Friede. Friede if I had the weight to spare for armor, I could’ve taken with Zwei. I couldn’t do that with the Nameless King. I had to go sword n board.

Freide was harder for me because Gank Fights aren't my strongsuit. As least with Nameless you have just one target. 

And it's the biggest fucking troll in the series. Third fucking phase?!

• Haha 2

44 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

As good news, someone spotted an Omni roll! In Vanilla D1 you could only roll in four directions. In 2 and 3, you can roll alot better.

That might make this a day 1 purchase for me. Not even kidding. If this is actually Dark Souls 1 with some of the better mechanics from 2 and 3, it’s going to be glorious. 

15 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

still say he was tougher than Sister Friede. Friede if I had the weight to spare for armor, I could’ve taken with Zwei. I couldn’t do that with the Nameless King. I had to go sword n board.

For me, the Nameless King was insanely tough, but easy to learn. It took a lot of effort, but once I got to where I could beat him, I could probably do it fairly consistently. I never really felt like I mastered Friede. 

28 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Freide was harder for me because Gank Fights aren't my strongsuit. As least with Nameless you have just one target. 

And it's the biggest fucking troll in the series. Third fucking phase?!

I was so pissed when she came back up man because I was ready to talk shit XD i got to the third phase my first try.

15 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

That might make this a day 1 purchase for me. Not even kidding. If this is actually Dark Souls 1 with some of the better mechanics from 2 and 3, it’s going to be glorious. 

For me, the Nameless King was insanely tough, but easy to learn. It took a lot of effort, but once I got to where I could beat him, I could probably do it fairly consistently. I never really felt like I mastered Friede. 

I do feel like I can take him much easier this time around, true.

1 minute ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

And agreed, that’s easily a day one purchase for me. The older mechanics is why I haven’t been super enthused to play one yet.

I'm still telling you what's you get used to the rolling it plays alot better XD You just need to adjust.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

You too Doc ;) Now that you have a PS4.

Right now I’ve got Hellblade, Bloodborne, Pillars of Eternity, Death of the Outsider, Uncharted 2, 3, and 4, and Horizon on my plate. Then there are Red Dead Redemption 2 and Pillars of Eternity 2 that’ll likely be out long before I make a serious dent in all these. 

Remind me in like two years. XD 

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Or he could just wait for the better version to come out. :P 

I think I’ll do that XD

As for DS 2 I think after DS 1 I’ll snag a PS4 and move on to Bloodborne, if not sooner. Honestly I could get one now... it’s just hard justifying the purchase when I barely play games as is.

6 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

I think I’ll do that XD

As for DS 2 I think after DS 1 I’ll snag a PS4 and move on to Bloodborne, if not sooner. Honestly I could get one now... it’s just hard justifying the purchase when I barely play games as is.

Not going by your steam account XD 

Nah it seems while you only play select days when you play you play nonstop XD

6 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Not going by your steam account XD 

Nah it seems while you only play select days when you play you play nonstop XD

I play for a few hours occasionally after work, but it’s only till around 2. I work second shift so during the week I really can’t play that much. 2pm to 10. I wake up, immediately hit the shower, or work out first, then go straight to work lol.

I leave my pc on sometimes and the games sometimes too ;)