Roleplayer’s Off Topic Thread #4

Grim Ones vs Emperor's Blades (Third Era)  

6 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

This poll is closed to new votes

1 minute ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Alright fair enough but it wasn’t one missile that took out LP either, it was like seven or eight launched at high velocity from the orbit of space dude.

edit: and that should definitely take out a mother death claw lol.

^They definitely hamper the in game damage for balance purposes. Bethesda does this a lot unfortunately.

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee

Just now, ColonelKillaBee said:

Alright fair enough but it wasn’t one missile that took out LP either, it was like seven or eight launched at high velocity from the orbit of space dude.

The loaded nuclear explosion is what does the bulk of the damage, so where it launches from is kinda irrelevant.

1 minute ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

They definitely hamper the in game damage for balance purposes. Bethesda does this a lot unfortunately.

I have already said that the janky test gun that can’t kill deathclaws is not what I used. I used the actual scripted launch on Liberty Prime, which will kill a deathclaw if you sick one under it.

I think you’re the one who is underselling here. I’ve acknowledged that Liberty Prime is a big deal. Just not enough to conquer a nation capable of developing infantry-ready nuclear weapons. Liberty Prime is not indestructible, and even if a suped up mini nuke can’t do quite as much damage as a strike from SatCom (although nothing has indicated it’s considerably better), the NCR has more than one of those things. Taking him out would be the hardest and most risky part of a conflict with Maxson, but it’s not impossible.

12 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

I have already said that the janky test gun that can’t kill deathclaws is not what I used. I used the actual scripted launch on Liberty Prime, which will kill a deathclaw if you sick one under it.

How bout a mother death law :P 

6 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

I think you’re the one who is underselling here. I’ve acknowledged that Liberty Prime is a big deal. Just not enough to conquer a nation capable of developing infantry-ready nuclear weapons. Liberty Prime is not indestructible, and even if a suped up mini nuke can’t do quite as much damage as a strike from SatCom, the NCR has more than one of those things. Taking him out would be the hardest and most risky part of a conflict with Maxson, but it’s not impossible.

You’re overstating my position, I never said it would be a nation conqueror, only that you undersold liberty prime, which in my opinion you indeed did.

Even if the Orbital strikes scripted damage is comparable to a big kid it doesn’t mean that’s all it takes. That damage could just be there for killing any npc characters that get too close for immersion purposes. We really have no idea.

And as for the position and so on of the orbital nuke, it explodes on impact so in that case it’s position would matter. Wouldn’t be comparable to the actual nuclear blast but it would add to the devastation of the specific target.

Im sure the NCR would indeed eventually prevail over the LP but not with one souped up mini nuke... 

3 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Im sure the NCR would indeed eventually prevail over the LP but not with one souped up mini nuke... 

Now you’re the one overstating my position. I never said they would do it with one. And I still don’t see how I’ve undersold Prime in any way. If you also think that the NCR would prevail over him after a great deal of difficulty, then we’re in agreement. I never said it wound be easy. In fact I’ve said the opposite from the start.

7 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Even if the Orbital strikes scripted damage is comparable to a big kid it doesn’t mean that’s all it takes. That damage could just be there for killing any npc characters that get too close for immersion purposes. We really have no idea.

You didn’t like it when I just said that a Big Kid is really freaking powerful, so I brought the only numbers we have access to to the table. Obviously gameplay=/=lore but you’re not applying that standard equally. A Big Kid wouldn’t harmlessly bounce off of wooden shacks in the lore either. It would scorch the freaking earth and leave radioactive craters where it strikes. Not so different from SatCom. The only difference is that one of them is available to the player so it doesn’t get this lofty place in our minds that a badass scripted orbital strike does.

7 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

The range on that thing is also worth mentioning. I’ve killed myself more times than not with that stupid thing lol. They’d have to be somewhat close with one of those. Closer than an average mini nuke anyway.

That’s where the “it would be really freaking difficult for the NCR” stuff I mentioned comes into play. XD If they could load them in a howitzer and precisely launch them a mile away, Prime would hardly even be an issue. But that’s not the case, and they would have to be smart and careful, and either get in close or create traps using the nukes.

1 hour ago, The Good Doctor said:

I don’t see how stating why they should be able to take out Prime is breezing past it. Prime is invulnerable for gameplay reasons so that he can be taken out in dramatic ways at the end of the story, but realistically  a high yield mini nuke oughta be comparable in damage to what took him out (and actually is if we compare the in-game damage of a Big Kid in New Vegas with the SatCom orbital strike). 

I’m going by this post where you state A high yield mini nuke should do it, then make the big kid comparison @The Good Doctor....

5 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

At this point I’m gonna have to accuse you of communism. Ima need a copy of your birth certificate my dude XD Missouri? Sounds Italian to me, Fascist.

lol Get outa here with that nonsense. There ain’t many things more American than a shoulder mounted nuke catapult built to obliterate Commies on the frontline. 

And mine actually defends democracy you feudalistic swine. XD 

Just now, ColonelKillaBee said:

I’m going by this post where you state A high yield mini nuke should do it, then make the big kid comparison

What I meant was that a Big Kid is comparable to a missile from SatCom. Not that one Big Kid is as good as the entire bombardment he received.

Just now, The Good Doctor said:

What’s funny is that Missourians have the highest nuclear bomb K/D in the entire world. XD I’m standing by the weapon of my people.

5 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

lol Get outa here with that nonsense. There ain’t many things more American than a shoulder mounted nuke catapult built to obliterate Commies on the frontline. 

And mine actually defends democracy you feudalistic swine. XD 

It ain’t my fault that LP was commandeered by the likes of the Brotherhood of Shite, lol :P 

6 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

What’s funny is that Missourians have the highest nuclear bomb K/D in the entire world. XD I’m standing by the weapon of my people.

I like that they made that leather pad on the arms for Ubbe steel too, think that should be a thing for their armor in general.

Just now, The Good Doctor said:

Good eye. I missed that but I agree, I like it better than the leather. 

I’ve spent way too much time staring at Nordic carved armor lol. XD I think it’s depiction in his commission is more faithful than in my commissions, makes it look more bulky and has the details jutting out more.

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Also I won’t lie, they did a good job with the milk drinker too, is that based on a pose from the concept art?

Yes, I legit sent that concept picture and was like I want this pose without the helmet on and she was like cool what about the Nord and I said go wild I don’t care just get the kit, hair, and tattoos

• Like 1

Fuck:dntknw: