Roleplayer’s Off Topic Thread #4

Grim Ones vs Emperor's Blades (Third Era)  

6 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

This poll is closed to new votes

Just now, The Good Doctor said:

I’m not sure if there was a single race that was done better in Oblivion than in other games. Nords couldn’t grow beards, Orcs looked like Shrek, Bosmer became chubby hobbits, etc. This is what Cyrodiil does to you. XD 

Sod off! The Imperial voices we're the greatest...and the fact the Orcs looked like Shrek was so memey it was unreal.

14 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

I’m not sure if there was a single race that was done better in Oblivion than in other games. Nords couldn’t grow beards, Orcs looked like Shrek, Bosmer became chubby hobbits, etc. This is what Cyrodiil does to you. XD 

I don’t see the problem for any of these but the Nords XD 

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee

13 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Sod off! The Imperial voices we're the greatest...and the fact the Orcs looked like Shrek was so memey it was unreal.

I will give you the Imperial voices. Back before the Thalmor had their balls removed.

3 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Call again when they learn how to boss around reality with their voices. 

A dead art XD Because they we're convinced by a hippie to leave it.

And the Norscans actually have the balls to tame the wildlife instead of leaving it to the Giants. War Mammoths. Corrupted tentacle War Mammoths

ss_0e1dcc3d4a047f702a81340615e71631e8d58

Just now, ColonelKillaBee said:

Besides, you just pulled a concept art pic out of your ass to make a case against all Nords to deflect from that over the top goofy mess you just linked :P 

Norscans are aesthetic as fuck. Disciplined Norsemen clad in dark, heavy plate armor serving alongside corrupted beasts.

31r80kpvem6e.png

Nords are boring in comparison. Blagh.

2 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Nords are boring in comparison. Blagh.

You say boring, I say grounded. As Witch said, Warhammer is built on the premises of being completely extreme. But if fantasy quality was determined by how “out there” it gets, then Game of Thrones wouldn’t have been such a hit.

Besides, the Nords and TES in general can be extremely wild and varied in tone and you know it. 

1 minute ago, The Good Doctor said:

You say boring, I say grounded. As Witch said, Warhammer is built on the premises of being completely extreme. But if fantasy quality was determined by how “out there” it gets, then Game of Thrones wouldn’t have been such a hit.

Besides, the Nords and TES in general can be extremely wild and varied in tone and you know it. 

Moreso than their southern cousins. You wanna talk boring let’s start there.

Even with all lore considered Nords far outshine Imps.

• Like 1

Just now, The Good Doctor said:

Not canon Modern Nords :evil:

I prefer Fantasy over grounded XD I love over the top nature of the Chaos Warriors and they took all of the negative Viking tropes and just put them into a blender, and said "fuck it, let's sell these models now!"

As Colonel said, it doesn't get more boring than fantasy Romans.

Speaking of Nords, I watched The Snowman which got savage reviews but is an okay psychological thriller with some really stunning shots of Oslo and rural Norway. Directed by the guy who did Let the Right One In.

1 minute ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

That's easily based on the Britons using lime to spike their hair, while its not to that extreme I think the Nord looks badass.

The Priest thanks you for your good taste. Walk with the Snake always.