Roleplayer's Off Topic Thread #42

1 hour ago, BigBossBalrog said:

This actually looks competent.  By the person who did Don't Breathe and the Evil Dead reboot 

Looks like it's kind a lot more of a horror vibe than the originals imo. I might really enjoy this one. Teaser looked good, here's to hoping. Thank ye for sharing.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, BigBossBalrog said:

DD got really good reviews. I wonder if Capcom is tired of making banger after banger XD

I hope not. XD They timed this one perfectly for me because I’ve been down in Florida this week for work and will get back just in time for launch. 

3 hours ago, BigBossBalrog said:

This actually looks competent.  By the person who did Don't Breathe and the Evil Dead reboot 

Some more news; 

-Set between Alien and Aliens (Noticed the pulse rifle!) Wanted to combine both feels, and apparently will tie into both of them. 

-Set on a space station; described as a "haunted house" in space. (Which reminds me of the original) 

-Ridley Scott is only in as a producer role. (Which I'm glad about)

-They hired a ton of the original special effects teams that worked on Alien and Aliens. Will mainly be practical! 

official-poster-for-alien-romulus-v0-cbbu8a6uhipc1.thumb.webp.c578675b81a711f95f16c86d268ab3d9.webp

• Thanks 2

I hope he doesn't do any funky shit like he did with Prometheus.

I've decided that Denis Villeneuve and I are long-lost cousins. He kind of looks like my Quebecois great grandfather.

denis-villeneuve-bcf9dbbc2de9476b877648b75092357c.jpeg

Alphonse Simpier.jpeg

• Haha 1

Just now, Celan said:

I hope he doesn't do any funky shit like he did with Prometheus.

I've decided that Denis Villeneuve and I are long-lost cousins. He kind of looks like my Quebecois great grandfather.

denis-villeneuve-bcf9dbbc2de9476b877648b75092357c.jpeg

Alphonse Simpier.jpeg

I can hear him screaming "filthy Anglos stop conscripting me!" from here XD

And the funky stuff he did with Prometheus wasn't anything compared to what he did with Covenant. 

9 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Though I'll say the part were the scientist starts petting and treating the proto-head huggers like puppies was one of the stupidest things I've ever seen in modern cinema, let alone cinema in general. 

That is the biggest reason why I don’t like the movie. The "scientists" are all morons. XD

Though I’m also not too fond of just a good old scary Alien series being turned into this high concept sci-fi creation myth like the Forerunners. Ridley’s gotten really smug and pretentious over the years and Prometheus embodies that.