Roleplayer's Off Topic Thread #42

Just now, BigBossBalrog said:

Apparently Three Body actually had pretty disappointing viewership; which is weird because I saw alot of social media buzz XD Maybe people were just that traumatized about GOT. 

I had no idea it was even supposed to come out in 2024 until Celan told us she’d started watching it. XD Guess my circles weren’t their target for marketing. 

44 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Apparently Three Body actually had pretty disappointing viewership; which is weird because I saw alot of social media buzz XD Maybe people were just that traumatized about GOT. 

It still did better than Witcher s3, but that's not saying much. XD 

I'm not surprised it didn't get a lot of love. It's too cerebral for blockbuster appeal, doesn't have any of the humor or pop culture draw of Stranger Things, and the characters are pretty flat. The only character who's mildly appealing doesn't stick around for long.

I have zero attachment to the series and don't plan to read the books. Some of the main features of the antagonists just don't make sense to me and I hear that characterization is even worse in the books.

• Like 1

Just now, BigBossBalrog said:

Don't you want to watch the giant monkey fight the giant lizard? 

The last time I watched one of these, everyone was like:  "It’s supposed to suck! Just turn your brain off and enjoy the giant monster fights!"

So I did. And the giant monster fights were like ten minutes of a really crappy two hour movie. XD At that point, I’d rather just save my time and watch the fights on YouTube.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

I’ll just wait for Minus One to get a blue-ray release in the States. XD 

Speaking of monster movies, I rewatched Dog Soldiers last night. That is a damn good one. I haven’t seen a lot of werewolf movies, but it’s easily my favorite of the lot.

That's one of my favorites too; even though it's pretty much Aliens with Werewolves XD That's another one where the practical effects really shine; they got stilt-wearing professional dancers to play them in the suits.  

I'd highly recommend Ginger Snaps, An American Werewolf in London, the Howling, and the OG, The Wolfman, if you haven't already.

• Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

That's one of my favorites too

It has some of the funniest horror movie dialogue ever.

"You may think women are all bitches, Cooper, but I’m the real thing." *transforms into a werewolf*

"I hope I give you the shits you fucking wimp."

"Knock me out. Hit me!" *gets knocked flat, pops back up* "Harder you fucking pussy!"

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Celan said:

John Riccitello "retiring" from Unity Games, i.e. flying his golden parachute to destroy some other gaming company prolly.

Kinda horrible to see these scummy CEO's escaping the industry layoffs with millions when the devs and staff take the fall for their mistakes.