Roleplayer's Off Topic Thread #42

2 hours ago, The Good Doctor said:

On one hand, it would probably have the best writing in a Star Wars game since KotOR2 and CDPR would no doubt capture the look and feel of the world in a way that no one ever has. I’ve got no doubt they’d do a good job, and I’d definitely play it.

I'm just imaging what the combat would be like towards end game with how they did cyberpunks combat. Just thinking you start at the academy and go up from there or at least that could be one path, still have bounty hunter on another, etc. Buttttt...

2 hours ago, The Good Doctor said:

I don’t place much value in the IP since Disney took over and butchered so many aspects of it.

I'll have to agree If it wasn't for this it'd probably be one hell of a game. But Disney alone stops the M rating most likely, which a T rated CDPR game sounds very not them among whatever else the do and not let them do/force them to do.

Dune 2 surpassed the entire domestic box office of the first film within 10 days

https://variety.com/2024/film/box-office/dune-2-box-office-milestone-400-million-1235944137/

Partly because of the baffling decision to release the first film direct to HBO Max in addition to showing it in theaters. Still, I'm happy that it's doing so well. It renews my faith in humanity that people will reward a good film with butts in seats.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Celan said:

You guys have probably seen it but if not, definitely watch one of my other favorite films that DV directed, Sicario.

Don't bother with the sequel, though.

I’ll second this. Sicario is really damn good. Might be the best movie DV has made. 

• Like 1

I booted up Cyberpunk 2077 a bit this weekend, tried out the new metro system. It's pretty cool. Not completely immersive, you get a cut when you enter and leave for whatever reason, but really nicely implemented for a free add-on. If you turn the camera towards your back, you see V's arm as if she's really turning around to look. Little bit of interactivity with Johnny, too.

This might be my favorite thing to do, just ride to a random station, get out and wander around doing scanner hustles and gigs wherever I end up, taking whatever car the gangoons have to offer.

My V is not picky about short-distance transport to the next job. I like to think this is how she gets her start with El Capitan's car theft spree.

V in truck.png

subway scene.png

subway.png

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Celan said:

I booted up Cyberpunk 2077 a bit this weekend

Me too. Been playing the Aldecaldos and Voodoo Boys quests, which are still probably my favorites outside of Phantom Liberty.

The metros are cool. Not much to it, really. But it’s a neat little addition. 

8 hours ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

Imagine if Metro took place concurrently with Cyberpunk. :rofl:

They’d have to really have gotten their act together between 2033 and 2077 because there are quite a few missions on Cyberpunk where you interact with Russian spies and agents. XD 

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

It's CRAZY going from the amazing tomb raider Remasters to this after like a month.

I’m such a downer on Star Wars lately that I wasn’t gonna be the one to say it… But yeah. XD Was thinking the same thing.

I was very tempted to buy it, because I love the old Battlefronts and TR had me halfway optimistic. But the other half my my brain was like: "It’s Star Wars… they will find a way to screw it up. Wait a few days before spending money."

Glad I did. Plus it’s like 40 GB for two games that came out twenty years ago and very little new content. What the hell is up with that??

Same devs too. It's like they put 90 percent of there allocated budget to TR and put what was left into Battlefront. 

9 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

I’m such a downer on Star Wars lately that I wasn’t gonna be the one to say it… But yeah. XD Was thinking the same thing.

I was very tempted to buy it, because I love the old Battlefronts and TR had me halfway optimistic. But the other half my my brain was like: "It’s Star Wars… they will find a way to screw it up. Wait a few days before spending money."

Glad I did. Plus it’s like 40 GB for two games that came out twenty years ago and very little new content. What the hell is up with that??

It's almost 80 GBs on Steam XD

• Haha 1

I liked it. The Vault Naivety reminds me a little of the teenager Lone Wanderer XD And I think the Ghoul rocks himself with a really cool attitude. Acting seems decent. 

Production is really good, but I must say I don't quite like some of the looser adaptation of visual elements (There's nothing as egregious of the Samurai Elites from Halo Legends, but still). Fucking jets on power armor gauntlets? Come on, why can't they just use the Jetpacks from Fallout 4? 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, BigBossBalrog said:

The Vault Naivety reminds me a little of the teenager Lone Wander XD And I think the Ghoul rocks himself with a really cool attitude. Acting seems decent. 

Agreed. Both of them are really good actors. I like what little they’ve shown of the characters so far.

7 hours ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Fucking jets on power armor gauntlets? Come on, why can't they just use the Jetpacks from Fallout 4? 

It looks like he has a jetpack on his back, so maybe the wrist thrusters are just for steering and descent?

I don’t really like what I’ve seen of the tone of this show so far. Reminds me too much of this side of Bethesda’s Fallout. It doesn’t have to be "The Road" levels of serious, but it shouldn’t feel like a cartoon either. Fallout is best when it is dark and somewhat grounded.

But the tone won’t be what makes or breaks the show for me. It’ll be the writing and whether or not the lore gets butchered. I’ll probably end up hating this even more than Fallout 4 if the NCR gets written into obscurity just so the BoS can make their 10,000th unearned comeback and Todd can sell more space marine merch.

5 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

It looks like he has a jetpack on his back, so maybe the wrist thrusters are just for steering and descent?

I don’t really like what I’ve seen of the tone of this show so far. Reminds me too much of this side of Bethesda’s Fallout. It doesn’t have to be "The Road" levels of serious, but it shouldn’t feel like a cartoon either. Fallout is best when it is dark and somewhat grounded.

But the tone won’t be what makes or breaks the show for me. It’ll be the writing and whether or not the lore gets butchered. I’ll probably end up hating this even more than Fallout 4 if the NCR gets written into obscurity just so the BoS can make their 10,000th unearned comeback and Todd can sell more space marine merch.

Not even the cool ones XD

Ultramarine_Chapter.thumb.webp.a2142396ec31e9ceb7f5c0f7e31e835e.webp

25 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

That zanny feel, I think, has unfortunately taken over as the way alot of people look at Fallout. Bethesda pushed it to the forefront in there games. 

Just now, BigBossBalrog said:

That zanny feel, I think, has unfortunately taken over as the way alot of people look at Fallout. Bethesda pushed it to the forefront in there games. 

I know and I hate it. XD 

On a different note, did you know that’s the actress who played Jinx in Arcane? 

• Confused 1