Roleplayer's Off Topic Thread #41

20 hours ago, The Good Doctor said:

Bad news for ya. Denis Velulala has already said he doesn’t like doing director’s cuts. He said if a scene doesn’t make it into theaters, then that scene is "dead" and will never see the light of day. He wants the theatrical release to be the definitive version of his films. 

The one I really want to see is Duncan Idaho doing a free jump from space down to the surface of Arrakis.

9 minutes ago, Celan said:

The one I really want to see is Duncan Idaho doing a free jump from space down to the surface of Arrakis.

For me it’s Thufir Hawat. He was in the first movie and just kinda disappeared for the second. His storyline got cut in favor of giving the Bene Gesserit more focus. 

On 3/11/2024 at 6:26 PM, The Good Doctor said:

What? You didn’t actually subject yourself to that crap did you?? 

Listen. Hear me out.

Have you heard of the new man’s sky effect

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee

1 hour ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

I have sunken to new lows and am a big fan of Diablo immortal, but I can at least say I’ve never played FF, F76, or NMS lol

Hey, I was never a fan of F76. It’s one thing to check out a trash game and whole other to like it.

But if you play Cyberpunk I’ll never make a "do you even have phones" joke at you again. XD 

5 hours ago, The Good Doctor said:

Hey, I was never a fan of F76. It’s one thing to check out a trash game and whole other to like it.

But if you play Cyberpunk I’ll never make a "do you even have phones" joke at you again. XD 

Didn't you really like parts of it XD You aren't a true No Mutant Allowed XD

32 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Didn't you really like parts of it XD You aren't a true No Mutant Allowed XD

It’s not 100% bad, but that doesn’t mean I consider it good. If I could delete it from the series alongside Fallout 4, I would.

Just now, BigBossBalrog said:

Someone has balls in this age of dumbing down. 

looks-like-itsuno-took-the-f-ck-around-and-find-out-to-a-v0-xudlq17nutmc1.webp.8c4ff604009128258c0d238287f6df30.webp

As long as this doesn’t prevent them from making compelling NPCs out of fear that the effort will be wasted when they die, this sounds like a good thing.

"Entertainment first mentality"

You mean "message first". In Bob Igor’s own words, they got too political and need to tone it down.

"Rationalize volume and cost of content"

Rich coming from the studio with the most inflated costs per project in the world by far.

"Carefully evaluate each film project"

They literally blamed The Marvels flopping on the fact that they didn’t carefully evaluate it.

"Apply our unparalleled creativity"

Which results in your movies being infamously interchangeable sludge.

"Focus on core franchises"

So out of Star Wars, Indiana Jones, Willow, the twenty different MCU titles, dozen or so live action remakes, and ten thousand preteen sitcoms, which of these exactly is the "core franchise" you’re focusing on?

"Create both fresh new IP and sequels"

:rofl: 

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

*Made me remember Disney now owns the Alien franchise* 

So weird seeing that on a list alongside Moana 2 and Zootopia. 

But to be honest, Alien was screwed already. Ridley Scott himself saw to that.

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Look at the money-printer that is Frozen. I kind of understand why they've greenlit four sequels. Kids are stupid XD

The execs at Disney would literally sacrifice the entire casts of Willow and Ant Man 3 on a bloody Mickey-shaped alter to get a new IP that’s even half as successful as the original Frozen was for them.

• Haha 1

Bitch I got the glock, yo bish want the barcock, split that hoe like spoch, no Trekkie headed thots.

Just got me a new guar n took yo hoe out the lot, hit her wid this diq until that bish blind, seein spots.

She gimme the neck, she floatin like Vivec, you waitin for your turn wid her I told you wait a sec, cause this bish is my thrall, ate the ass n all, kill the puss n I resurrect it, mannimarc-ho Molag bals

She want the footlong like a Philly this dick gon leave her lookin silly Solitude ya that’s my city n I get all the snow lilies

• Haha 1

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee