Roleplayer's Off Topic Thread #41

2 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

At the moment, his character is easily the biggest draw for me. Not too excited for more BoS or vault dwellers. 

Relating back to the earlier Dune discussion, 1984 Paul Atreides is also a member of the cast. XD 

Edit Post on last page. 

Aka Twin Peaks guy XD

8 hours ago, The Good Doctor said:

Nah. I just spoil tagged my post because it’s long. XD 

Building another airship wouldn’t require Maxson’s involvement, but I already have to suspend my disbelief to buy that they could build a second one at all. It gets way worse if we’re also told that the original got destroyed along with most of their top scribes and the chief engineer who worked on it.

Does what's-her-name ever say that she designed the Prydwen? I only recall she says that she keeps it repaired and flying.

10 minutes ago, Celan said:

Does what's-her-name ever say that she designed the Prydwen? I only recall she says that she keeps it repaired and flying.

She’s said to be head of its engineering team. The Brotherhood ain’t that big, so I’d assume that meant she and the people who are maintaining it also played major part of its construction. 

But the more important question is whether or not it’s believable that they could do it again after losing so much of their top minds and leadership. I don’t even think it’s believable they could do it again at all, considering that Prywen was made by repurposed Enclave tech scavenged from the ruined mobile crawler base.

Just now, The Good Doctor said:

She’s said to be head of its engineering team. The Brotherhood ain’t that big, so I’d assume that meant she and the people who are maintaining it also played major part of its construction. 

But the more important question is whether or not it’s believable that they could do it again after losing so much of their top minds and leadership. I don’t even think it’s believable they could do it again at all, considering that Prywen was made by repurposed Enclave tech scavenged from the ruined mobile crawler base.

I assumed they left a lot of infrastructure back in the Capital Wasteland, but it's all speculation I guess.

8 minutes ago, Celan said:

I assumed they left a lot of infrastructure back in the Capital Wasteland, but it's all speculation I guess.

That’s what I assume too. I just consider it an asspull even in the best case scenario. Saying that loads of their top minds and leadership also got blown up only makes it comically more-so.

9 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

That’s what I assume too. I just consider it an asspull even in the best case scenario. Saying that loads of their top minds and leadership also got blown up only makes it comically more-so.

The more baffling question is why they would land on dirigibles as a development, given the RL history of those. I'm sure the only reason the show has one is to appeal to Fallout 4 fanbase.

You guys probably have heard of this Anita Sarkeesian Inc. company- I hadn't heard of them at all.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Celan said:

The more baffling question is why they would land on dirigibles as a development, given the RL history of those. I'm sure the only reason the show has one is to appeal to Fallout 4 fanbase.

Bethesda is obsessed with brand mascots and will prioritize their inclusion over logical worldbuilding every single time.

They contrived a way to force the Brotherhood of Steel and Enclave, West Coast factions, into West Virginia just 20 years after the bombs. Twice. XD

2 hours ago, Celan said:

You guys probably have heard of this Anita Sarkeesian Inc. company- I hadn't heard of them at all.

I started hearing about them some time last year. Have only played two games that they consulted for. One was excellent, but you can see their footprint in parts of it. The other was absolute piss in both story and gameplay, but a critical darling that won lots of awards.

YouTube suggests they're responsible for TLoU2, but it doesn't appear on their games list.

The question is, if you couldn't hack it at your Ubisoft job, why should anyone hire you as a consultant?

7 minutes ago, Celan said:

YouTube suggests they're responsible for TLoU2, but it doesn't appear on their games list.

Neil Druckmann said that he had meetings with Anita Sarkeesian before the game went into full development, but I imagine that if Sweet Baby Inc had been involved, they’d have taken credit. It’s basically the perfect example of everything they stand for. 

4 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Neil Druckmann said that he had meetings with Anita Sarkeesian before the game went into full development, but I imagine that if Sweet Baby Inc had been involved, they’d have taken credit. It’s basically the perfect example of everything they stand for. 

What a fraud she is, too.

I bet companies are washing scripts through an AI woke generator these days.

14 minutes ago, Celan said:

What a fraud she is, too.

I bet companies are washing scripts through an AI woke generator these days.

Her pretentious company went belly up last year. So we’ve got that to laugh at, at least. 

I bet AI would make stories with fewer plot holes. XD I think they really are just that bad at writing.

47 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

*343 was the goodish guy in this situation* Fuck Microsoft. 

mcc-development-got-scrapped-because-it-lacked-v0-qpf9f51gd4nc1.webp.60523e2081fc3ae16b67c5e03e97576c.webp

I remember being one of those who lashed back against Spartan points. XD I’d been wondering why it never got implemented. Good to see it had an effect.

13 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

I remember being one of those who lashed back against Spartan points. XD I’d been wondering why it never got implemented. Good to see it had an effect.

And effect that cancelled development XD I would have supported some method of fair monetization if I knew it meant more updates.

Just now, BigBossBalrog said:

And effect that cancelled development XD I would have supported some method of fair monetization if I knew it meant more updates.

It wasn’t fair monetization from what I remember. Iirc, the plan was to lock content that was already freely unlockable through gameplay behind Spartan points that you have to pay for. If that’s the best they can come up with to keep development rolling, then they don’t deserve to do so. Hence the backlash. 

• Like 1

I saw Dune 2 again today and am happy to report that I liked it even better the 2nd time. That happened with the first movie too. I think once I'm reconciled to changes, I can relax and enjoy the movie for what it is. There are at least no changes that I'm baffled about. Still ones I'm uncertain about, but it will depend on what happens in the next one, and so far DV hasn't let me down.

• Like 1