Roleplayer's Off Topic Thread #41

It’s very grindy lmao. Wouldn’t recommend it to anyone except people who have a bullshit job xD or people ok with grinding.

Tbh I’m really good at that, thanks to oblivion lol but it does help that the main story is good and is pretty lengthy. 

• Haha 1

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee

Best thing for me is they regularly introduce all kinds of game modes and quests constantly which I’m surprised since Diablo 4 is out but then, I heard that was ten times worse than immortal for grind and money sink.

So they must be settling on this for now. 

Blood Knight is one of the coolest class concepts ever 

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee

6 hours ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Trailer was actually really good.

It was okay, better than the last. And I guess the whiplash of seeing the struggling BoS suddenly appear super powerful with an airship and whatnot in the heart of NCR territory has worn off on me. I don’t suppose there was ever any point in expecting the series to respect the setting when Bethesda themselves never did to begin with. 

But maybe it’ll be okay as its own thing, viewed separately from the games. That would be nice, at least. Though the fact that Amazon is dumping it all on Prime in one day is not a good sign of their confidence in it. My expectations are low.

6 hours ago, The Good Doctor said:

It was okay, better than the last. And I guess the whiplash of seeing the struggling BoS suddenly appear super powerful with an airship and whatnot in the heart of NCR territory has worn off on me. I don’t suppose there was ever any point in expecting the series to respect the setting when Bethesda themselves never did to begin with. 

But maybe it’ll be okay as its own thing, viewed separately from the games. That would be nice, at least. Though the fact that Amazon is dumping it all on Prime in one day is not a good sign of their confidence in it. My expectations are low.

They recently ordered two more seasons of the Rings of Power, so I don't trust Amazon's decisions as an indicator of quality or not XD

1 minute ago, BigBossBalrog said:

I hope that shot with the nuke crater was the boneyard and not Shady Sands. I'll be fucking pissed at Bethesda (And Chris Avellone/Obisdian for introducing it) if they make THAT ending in Lonesome Road canon. 

The blame for that would lie solely with Bethesda. Obsidian just did what good RPG developers do and provided players with options. It’s up to the IP owners which options they choose to run with.

Besides, Lonesome Road doesn’t show Shady Sands getting nuked. The only explicit target Ulysses guns for is the Long 15 to cut off NCR’s supply lines. 

But I’ll be equally annoyed if it’s the Boneyard. That would be second only to New Vegas in terms of major locations to just delete for shits and giggles. 

4 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

They recently ordered two more seasons of the Rings of Power, so I don't trust Amazon's decisions as an indicator of quality or not XD

They confidently declared it would be five from the very beginning, then backtracked and said that there would definitely be at least three.

3 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

The blame for that would lie solely with Bethesda. Obsidian just did what good RPG developers do and provided players with options. It’s up to the IP owners which options they choose to run with.

Besides, Lonesome Road doesn’t show Shady Sands getting nuked. The only explicit target Ulysses guns for is the Long 15 to cut off NCR’s supply lines. 

But I’ll be equally annoyed if it’s the Boneyard. That would be second only to New Vegas in terms of major locations to just delete for shits and giggles. 

I just really don't like Lonesome Road and the train of thought that went into making it (Avellone forcing his idea of what Fallout should be against all the world building that's happened)  XD The entire DLC is just one giant "fuck you" retcon. 

Like using the Tunnelers (who were based off of that shitty mole people movie XD) as an idea just to eventually depopulate New Vegas to bring back grim-derp. 

25 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Like using the Tunnelers (who were based off of that shitty mole people movie XD) as an idea just to eventually depopulate New Vegas to bring back grim-derp. 

Ulysses says they’ll become a problem for the region, but that isn’t exactly new in Fallout. There are always new beasties popping up in the Mojave. I don’t believe that a colony of animals who cannot handle bright lights will ever be a threat to Vegas of all places. Just another wasteland danger among many.

I don’t care for Avellone’s vision of Fallout regressing either. But it’s one thing to dislike his opinion and a whole other to blame him for a decision Bethesda makes to carry it out despite other options being present (Lonesome Road doesn’t force us to nuke anyone). Avellone is not the one who controls the IP, Todd is. The blame for anything that happens is on him.

22 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

I hear the OG was a janky gem, so this interests me. 

I’ve wanted to check out the first one but there are just too many other games that come before it. The concept seems good, so I’m glad they’re getting another chance despite the OG not doing very well. 

On 3/6/2024 at 4:14 PM, ColonelKillaBee said:

It’s very grindy lmao. Wouldn’t recommend it to anyone except people who have a bullshit job xD or people ok with grinding.

Tbh I’m really good at that, thanks to oblivion lol but it does help that the main story is good and is pretty lengthy. 

You need to get playing Cyberpunk 2077 already. XD 

5 hours ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Trailer was actually really good. I loved the Mister Handy  (I'm simply trying to harvest your organs!" :rofl:

Pretty good- I am cautiously optimistic.

• Like 1

Speculations on the Fallout show because I am a self-hating obsessive no matter how much I try to deny it. XD 

The trailer shows Walton’s character (the ghoul) as a prewar Vault-Tec TV salesman. My guess is that this landed him a spot in Vault 12 under Bakersfield, whose dwellers all got killed or ghoulified by a radiation leak. Many would long later become NCR citizens. Guessing this is why he will have a soft spot for the protagonist girl. He’ll relate with a fellow vault dweller.

There is a place called "Shady Sands" in the trailer, but it looks nothing like Shady Sands from the game, so either the NCR have significantly developed the city with prewar building construction techniques, or there happens to have been a prewar city that had the same name. The place looks like it has been nuked, so if it’s meant to be the former, then @BigBossBalrog’s fears might be reality. Either the Lonesome Road "nuke everyone" ending is canon and Shady Sands got hit, or a different unrelated nuke got dropped on them by someone else. Hopefully not the BoS though because that would violate their ideology something fierce. 

There is a clip of NCR soldiers in ragtag uniforms fighting the BoS in what is apparently the heart of L.A., which is something that was far beyond the realm of possibility during the timeline of New Vegas. So I guess we’re meant to believe that these last fourteen years have been very unkind to them (which would make sense if some of their cities and supply lines did indeed get nuked). I’d hazard a guess that they didn’t win in New Vegas, but the fact they’re still around means the Legion probably didn’t either. 

The airship suggests that Maxson’s Brotherhood survived Fallout 4 and have built a second one-of-a-kind airship and made a second transcontinental journey to help their Brothers in California. The fact that they apparently breached L.A. suggests that the region’s power balance has regressed back to pre-Fallout 2, as the combined East and West BoS would’ve still just been a gnat on the NCR’s ass in the time of New Vegas. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

Speculations on the Fallout show because I am a self-hating obsessive no matter how much I try to deny it. XD 

Hide contents

The trailer shows Walton’s character (the ghoul) as a prewar Vault-Tec TV salesman. My guess is that this landed him a spot in Vault 12 under Bakersfield, whose dwellers all got killed or ghoulified by a radiation leak. Many would long later become NCR citizens. Guessing this is why he will have a soft spot for the protagonist girl. He’ll relate with a fellow vault dweller.

There is a place called "Shady Sands" in the trailer, but it looks nothing like Shady Sands from the game, so either the NCR have significantly developed the city with prewar building construction techniques, or there happens to have been a prewar city that had the same name. The place looks like it has been nuked, so if it’s meant to be the former, then @BigBossBalrog’s fears might be reality. Either the Lonesome Road "nuke everyone" ending is canon and Shady Sands got hit, or a different unrelated nuke got dropped on them by someone else. Hopefully not the BoS though because that would violate their ideology something fierce. 

There is a clip of NCR soldiers in ragtag uniforms fighting the BoS in what is apparently the heart of L.A., which is something that was far beyond the realm of possibility during the timeline of New Vegas. So I guess we’re meant to believe that these last fourteen years have been very unkind to them (which would make sense if some of their cities and supply lines did indeed get nuked). I’d hazard a guess that they didn’t win in New Vegas, but the fact they’re still around means the Legion probably didn’t either. 

The airship suggests that Maxson’s Brotherhood survived Fallout 4 and have built a second one-of-a-kind airship and made a second transcontinental journey to help their Brothers in California. The fact that they apparently breached L.A. suggests that the region’s power balance has regressed back to pre-Fallout 2, as the combined East and West BoS would’ve still just been a gnat on the NCR’s ass in the time of New Vegas. 

If I remember Maxson claimed to be in contact with the West Coast Elders who gave him their blessing (and people were divided on whether he was lying or not). So maybe after building up his feudal Empire and consolidating enough, I say it's feasible for him to be mounting some kind of expedition to assist their brethren out West? 

19 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

Hide contents

If I remember Maxson claimed to be in contact with the West Coast Elders who gave him their blessing (and people were divided on whether he was lying or not). So maybe after building up his feudal Empire and consolidating enough, I say it's feasible for him to be mounting some kind of expedition to assist their brethren out West? 

I always assumed that was bullshit considering it’s from a propaganda document and directly contradicts the capabilities of the West Coast BoS in both New Vegas and even 76.

But even if it wasn’t, Maxson being in contact isn’t that big of a deal and only slightly annoys me. Maxson being able to uproot an army and march it all the way across North America is absolute bullshit, and said army being a serious threat the NCR is even more so (unless they got nuked hard… which would suck in a different way but at least help explain the BoS being so strong compared to them).

2 hours ago, The Good Doctor said:

Hide contents

Are we spoiler tagging stuff from the trailer?

They also show Walton's character running with a girl in his arms. I got Last of Us vibes.

The Prydwen blueprints are probably around, so it wouldn't require Maxson's involvement.

Fucking insane. Another legend gone :(  R.I.P

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2024-03-07/dragon-ball-creator-akira-toriyama-dies-at-68/.208430

I'll always remember him for the time he caused his editor to be the most hated man in Tokyo. After being annoyed at him for the last time, he inserted his publisher as a character in his gag manga Dr Sloane. A villainous, censor-heavy executive. Mobs of children on the streets started recognizing him, and would chase after him and throw stones  

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Celan said:

Are we spoiler tagging stuff from the trailer?

They also show Walton's character running with a girl in his arms. I got Last of Us vibes.

The Prydwen blueprints are probably around, so it wouldn't require Maxson's involvement.

Nah. I just spoil tagged my post because it’s long. XD 

Building another airship wouldn’t require Maxson’s involvement, but I already have to suspend my disbelief to buy that they could build a second one at all. It gets way worse if we’re also told that the original got destroyed along with most of their top scribes and the chief engineer who worked on it.

1 hour ago, Celan said:

At the moment, his character is easily the biggest draw for me. Not too excited for more BoS or vault dwellers. 

Relating back to the earlier Dune discussion, 1984 Paul Atreides is also a member of the cast. XD 

Edit Post on last page. 

• Haha 1