Roleplayer’s Off Ropic Thread #23

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Celan said:

Nigga.

I love animals n shit but my first question was where's the rest of the owner that put the knife in its head. Its a goddamn gator. Killing machine. Chances are slim that someone actually came after it for lulz with a kitchen knife of all things.

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee

9 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Chances are slim that someone actually came after it for lulz with a kitchen knife of all things.

I met a friendly madman from Louisiana a couple months ago whose young nieces play with them and shit. Like picking them up.

And in Florida they legally can’t hunt them with guns so using knives is actually a thing. 

https://www.guidefitter.com/news-and-advice/florida-gator-hunting

"For a really up close and personal experience, some of Smith’s clients will catch a gator and take it with a knife."

26 minutes ago, Celan said:

His character in the game is apparently a major one- more lines than any other character besides V.

I read a little about Johnny Silverhand last week. He was one of the major characters in the tabletop universe the game is based on, an ex-marine who lost his hand in war, started a rock band, and eventually became the leader of an anti-Corpo rebel faction. Sounds pretty sick.

But since this game is set in 2077, waaay in the future, I wonder if they’re creating their own timeline or if they’re gonna stick to the original one and make him an older man. The guy from the trailer was some sort of hologram, so it’s possiboe that was just his younger self. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

I met a friendly madman from Louisiana a couple months ago whose young nieces play with them and shit. Like picking them up.

And in Florida they legally can’t hunt them with guns so using knives is actually a thing. 

https://www.guidefitter.com/news-and-advice/florida-gator-hunting

"For a really up close and personal experience, some of Smith’s clients will catch a gator and take it with a knife."

Fucking Florida man.

3 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

I read a little about Johnny Silverhand last week. He was one of the major characters in the tabletop universe the game is based on, an ex-marine who lost his hand in war, started a rock band, and eventually became the leader of an anti-Corpo rebel faction. Sounds pretty sick.

But since this game is set in 2077, waaay in the future, I wonder if they’re creating their own timeline or if they’re gonna stick to the original one and make him an older man. The guy from the trailer was some sort of hologram, so it’s possiboe that was just his younger self. 

Mr House style. We find old Keanu in some underground fortress and he’s plugged into the matrix.

2 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Mr House style. We find old Keanu in some underground fortress and he’s plugged into the matrix.

It’s no cyborg John Wick, but it would still be pretty damn badass. Makes sense too, since he’s one of the options for your childhood hero. He can’t be as young as he looks in the footage.

43 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

XD what’s it to you, he already plays souls. I just want my duel

I remember your silly baiting in Borderlands, that's why. :P

CDPR dev talks specifics

- Johnny Silverhand is almost an alternate protagonist but his relationship with V is complicated and you can shape it

- Background chosen in character creation gives unique dialogue and quest options- e.g. gang, nomad, corpo

- There is a mysterious region of the Net from which no one has returned and netrunners are still trying to crack. Compares it to Lovecraft. Won't say if we eventually get past the barrier (....which means we probably will).

- Customization available on cybernetics and guns. You can finish the game without any cybernetics except for a Kiroshi eye and grip that you're forced to get.

- You can summon different vehicles and keep them in your garage, but not yet customizable. You can steal cars and can plow through crowds- but security forces or gangs will pursue you if you do. AV's fly around the city and you can use them but don't pilot them.

- Different radio stations with original music tracks

- Not decided yet if there will be a NG+ mode

- Six districts in the city, each governed by different gangs, and the badlands outside the city which are run by nomads. There's no reputation system but there is narrative reactivity based on your decisions.

- Minigames: Hacking, car racing, martial arts competitions. No Cyber Gwent XD 

- Affirms commitment to single player games :love: 

I haven't watched this one yet but interview with Mike Pondsmith

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

https://gamasutra.com/view/news/344732/Cyberpunk_designer_says_CDPR_is_working_on_transgender_character_options.php

Apparently you can choose to be transgender, which is causing a backlash. Don't mind, since it's from the original tabletop, people should be able to do what they want with their characters and it's cyberpunk, but I think it's a little odd there would still be something called "transgender" when people can freely modify their body in anyway, that gender identity would be muddled. 

kJkUTGk.gif

Like in Ghost in the Shell, a massive influence on Cyberpunk, the main character, Major Makoto is shown with having a female girlfriend, but she doesn't identify as a homosexual, because she's had so many different bodies, both male and female, she doesn't recognize the concept anymore. 

I realized something while listing to the Halo 2 ost again (I know I know). There's quite a bit of creepy ass music, I think all of it involving Flood levels. Reminds me of how unnerved really young me was on that one level as Arby where you're alone for most of it fighting the flood, searching for the "Sacred Icon", how the creepy ass music would play when the game makes it clear you're never safe, all alone and in some dark foggy ass place.

Good times.

2 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

It’s not time travel, it’s what happens when one looks sideways into the other could be’s of today that dwell within the peripherals.

Theo mastered shadow magic.

Mastered shadow magic, but lost the Russian Civil War when he realized knights don't work against tanks.

• Haha 1