Soulsborne Thread #6 (And other FROMSOFT titles)

Coventants  

6 members have voted

1. 1. To whom do you pledge allegiance?

• Rosaria
    • The Mound
    • The Sun
    • Old Wolf of Farron
    • The Darkmoon
    • Aldrich

@BigBossBalrog Also while I love Old King Doran, he's kinda a mixed bag when you stop to think about it.

On one hand he's a fucking badass demi-god who casually brushes aside your attacks (after proving yourself worthy) until he decides he feels like accepting your challenge then precedes to two shot your ass with his (false?) Northern Regalia. But all this begs the question, why doesn't the mythical founder of the kingdom actually go out and punt the demons himself? He's charged himself with protecting the kingdom yet spends all his time in the mausoleum guarding a fucking sword.

You have a (lesser) Gwyn like figure who's even more useless then Gwyn.

1 hour ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

@BigBossBalrog Also while I love Old King Doran, he's kinda a mixed bag when you stop to think about it.

On one hand he's a fucking badass demi-god who casually brushes aside your attacks (after proving yourself worthy) until he decides he feels like accepting your challenge then precedes to two shot your ass with his (false?) Northern Regalia. But all this begs the question, why doesn't the mythical founder of the kingdom actually go out and punt the demons himself? He's charged himself with protecting the kingdom yet spends all his time in the mausoleum guarding a fucking sword.

You have a (lesser) Gwyn like figure who's even more useless then Gwyn.

I mean it's a pretty awesome sword...I prefer it's counterpart though.

demonbrandt-on-hand.jpg

16 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

I mean it's a pretty awesome sword...I prefer it's counterpart though.

demonbrandt-on-hand.jpg

I like the lore of Demonbrandt where its supposedly more powerful the less demonic it's owner is. And the more our character levels up, the mote demonic we become so in theory it'd lose it's power over time.

Edit: Despite what the crestfallen warrior says about our character becoming more powerful and demonic through gaining souls (and leveling) the sword is effected by character tendency.

Edited by TheCzarsHussar

@BigBossBalrog @ColonelKillaBee @The Good Doctor

Demon Souls has the fucking scariest areas of the series. I haven't finished it yet and I can only imagine how much worse (in a good way) it gets.

World 3-1 is straight up Bloodborne Lovecraftian where you have to navigate a prison guarded and patroled by squid headed mages who are basically the forefathers of the brainsuckers. They even have the same magic that sticks you in place. The world ends with an interesting boss...

Haven't gotten far in 3-2 but this place is legit fucking scary. @ColonelKillaBee It feels like what the Nightmare of Menis would look like if it was left unchecked forever. Plus you have fucking demons you can hardly see flying around the darkness (this place is very far up from the ground) who you can only really tell are there by the red eyes.

Haven't reached it yet but there is even something massive that's all chained up and pulsing in the center. Kinda looks like an organ.

Maiden Astrea is still my favorite "boss"

You go in a swamp to murder a knight and his lover, who are innocent people trying to bring light to the abandoned and poorest people in the world, all the while she screams, cries, curses to God, and begs you to spare her love. And if you kill him first, she kills herself. 

14 hours ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

Yeaaaaah but that place is worse then blighttown.

That's what makes it so amazing. It's literally the filth and shit of the entire world.

The boss itself is just the player going into a swamp to murder an innocent woman and her lover,  but the dialog is absolutely chilling, (Another reason why I love that FROM writes first in English )  It's one of the most unique fights in the series.