Soulsborne Thread #6 (And other FROMSOFT titles)

Coventants  

6 members have voted

1. 1. To whom do you pledge allegiance?

• Rosaria
    • The Mound
    • The Sun
    • Old Wolf of Farron
    • The Darkmoon
    • Aldrich

3 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

I bet George made a fucking deal with them, they prolong and extend the game's marketing and game development, and he has an excuse not to write his books!

Or worse, George has infected them with his procrastinitus and now they too are doomed to take a comically long time with everything they do. 

2 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

The face of the devil. 

I bet he asks them to let him watch when they take the lobsters out of the tank for boiling.

2 minutes ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

“I’m not quite as black as kettle, tho I hear kettle makes tea and it doesn’t taste burnt.”

Basically. XD 

With the talks of the Blue Point Remake being very likely to be a Demon Souls Remake i'm curious to see what you guys would want out of Sony's FROM IP's.  Particularly what you want to see them do with the Bloodborne IP. I've said it many times before, I would be very sceptical if a Bloodborne sequel was announced, but hypothetically, what would you want from it if one was being made regardless if you want it or not?

I think the setting would have to be different. BB was very Victorian England mixed with Gothic/Lovecraftian. Lovecraftian elements would need to stay, but maybe it would be a cool experiment to do something further along, like World War 1 themed, with a more modern form of horror mixed with the Lovecraftian stuff.

928a5ac0e7c7200469807d9748a76a4d.jpg

I would prefer A team to be sure, but I think Yamura, and the B team proved themselves to be a very competent with Dark Souls 3 and the Lost Crown Trilogy, and that Dark Souls 2 wasn't there fault. With a new lead, it mignt be fresher experience. 

In gameplay, I think the insight mechanic could use a bigger focus. There was some really cool stuff, but it was mostly flavor, and governing how much damage you take from Frenzy.. Have a more indepth sanity system. New more modern trick weapons, and more powerful guns. A dedicated magic system, and perhaps more RPG elements.  

But then again, they could just make a Spiritual Successor with all the radical changes. 

But I really want a BB remaster for PS5 regardless.

There’d be a lot of potential for cool weapons too, like shotguns, trench knives and such, and way more inventive stuff too of course. Almost steam punk esque.

Think about it, what period in our age did we see more crazier varied weapon inventions then WWI and WWII?

• Like 2

"Even the hardest dick must go flaccid." -Colonelkillabee

2 minutes ago, The Good Doctor said:

I know you’re looking for more in-depth discussion than this, but the main thing I’d want from a game like that is the opportunity to kill a Great One with new world artillery. Would be a cool gimmick boss like Yhorm. 

You can kinda do that already with the OP Great Cannon XD Eberitas is super vulnerable to it. 

source.gif

1 minute ago, ColonelKillaBee said:

Lesser Great Ones Tho. Real Great Ones I feel would at the least need. MOAB.

I think the highest ranking Great One you fight in BB is the Orphan, and even then, it's a baby.   And a vast majority of the other ones are Kin. 

The only OG ones I recall are Mergo's Wetnurse (which is a lesser bodyguard), the Orphan (A Baby) and the Moon Pressense (which is a scavenger that lets Hunter's do it's dirty work) 

I want to fight a real one XD 

• Like 1

Just now, ColonelKillaBee said:

Think about it, what period in our age did we see more crazier varied weapon inventions then WWI and WWII?

Probably never, to be honest. Hell, the Germans cooked up so much shit that half of it barely even got used. 

Some kind of mustard gas equivalent made out of blood would be awesome. Could be a grenade type weapon.