Soulsborne Thread #10

35 minutes ago, BigBossBalrog said:

From the usually comedic manga. Pretty good scene XD Cool to see moments in the lore officially. 

Godrick is one of the most pitiful characters in the whole game. His death line is pretty sad. And his "I am the lord of all that is golden", which sounded badass and intimidating the first time, is pretty strongly recontextualized once you know his full story. Poor insecure twerp is trying to convince himself.

Kinda funny. I remember when I started playing, and y’all were telling me that there was someone super evil and cruel ahead, and I can’t remember if you were referencing Mohg or Dung Eater, but I remember thinking it has to be Godrick, because his grafting was so sick and cruel. And y’all found it hilarious. XD 

Which, looking back, it was. The people you meet later are so bad that I think back on Godrick and his crimes just feel "meh" by comparison. Least he’s not trying to curse existence itself. 

• Like 2

That does bring up a good question, what elements or sections of Elden Ring do y’all find to be the scariest or most unnerving for you?

For me, the lower reaches of Atlas Plateau, with the blight-spreading worm creatures, is a strong contender. But the Dung Eater’s lair and the Frenzied Flame dungeon are as well. 

1 minute ago, The Good Doctor said:

Godrick is one of the most pitiful characters in the whole game. His death line is pretty sad. And his "I am the lord of all that is golden", which sounded badass and intimidating the first time, is pretty strongly recontextualized once you know his full story. Poor insecure twerp is trying to convince himself.

Kinda funny. I remember when I started playing, and y’all were telling me that there was someone super evil and cruel ahead, and I can’t remember if you were referencing Mohg or Dung Eater, but I remember thinking it has to be Godrick, because his grafting was so sick and cruel. And y’all found it hilarious. XD 

Which, looking back, it was. The people you meet later are so bad that I think back on Godrick and his crimes just feel "meh" by comparison. Least he’s not trying to curse existence itself. 

It's also super cool Godrick was the very first character unveiled all those years ago 

maxresdefault.jpg

He's more pathetic then anything, but it really contextualized how fucked up the situation in the Lands Between are that Godrick is considered a non threat. He's a massive flesh golem that built itself by abducting and torturing countless people , filled with ambition and greed, consumed by endless depravity and rules Limgrave with an ironfist, with an army that can still pose a threat...but the thing is, he's competing with Mohg, Rykard, Dung-Eater, and the Frenzied Flame which are a hundred times more threatening, depraved, and dangerous. In another game, Godrick could be the big bad, but he's way out of his-league here XD

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

There's tumor that the player count is being raised from 4 to 6, so that invasions can have proper three v threes now. I really fucking hope so, the absolute chaos in Ds3's two gank cities are always the highlights of invasions 

That’ll be nice. I still hope they come up with a method for invading solo players. 

1 minute ago, The Good Doctor said:

Actually, what would be really cool is if Mimic Tears could get their own game mode.

They summon equipped with whatever gear and spells their master is wearing, so it would be a battle of players trying to 1-up each other with superior gear, but in the hands of an AI. 

I'm sure there'll be at least unofficial fightclubs that do that XD  :rofl:

Imagine how crazy 3 v 3 with players and summons would be? 

1 minute ago, TheCzarsHussar said:

It got nerfed hard XD

I haven't seen more then one person use it since the nerf, the crybabies

I never used it. I’ve got nerdy characters, and I’ve got pious characters, but I’ve yet to make a nerdy pious character. XD 

I did know about the nerf, but I didn’t realize it got hit so hard. I was just trying to think of a one-hander that could put out some mean firepower when wielded by a lot of people at once. 

Maybe just staves in the right hand, launching a barrage of "keep ‘em dodging" spells while the machine gun nest archers put out the DPS.

• Like 1